HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2009, 04:42 PM
  #1
Sec201
Registered User
 
Sec201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

So I know it's early in the offseason, and I know we do this often but I am interested to hear what everybody's predictions are for next year after trades, rookie's moving up, retirement etc. PLEASE BE REALISTIC!!! Think about what we have, who we have on the farm, what cap space we have to acquire players with and so on. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Sec201 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
  #2
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Peter Forsberg - Peter Forsberg - Solid Snake
Al Bundy - Mike Richards - Billy Mays
Jeff Carter - Riley Cote - Rocky (from IV)
Danny Briere - Evan Stone - George Parros

Derrian Hatcher - Peter Forsberg
Kimmo - Ronald Reagen
Machoman Randy Savage - John Daly

Ray Emery
The Ultimate Warrior.




This, I might add, is also cap compliant.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 04:54 PM
  #3
Richyrich
Registered User
 
Richyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Peter Forsberg - Peter Forsberg - Solid Snake
Al Bundy - Mike Richards - Billy Mays
Jeff Carter - Riley Cote - Rocky (from IV)
Danny Briere - Evan Stone - George Parros

Derrian Hatcher - Peter Forsberg
Kimmo - Ronald Reagen
Machoman Randy Savage - John Daly

Ray Emery
The Ultimate Warrior.




This, I might add, is also cap compliant.
Nobody starts over The Ultimate Warrior.

Richyrich is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 04:58 PM
  #4
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
Nobody starts over The Ultimate Warrior.
Ultimate warrior, not goalie

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
  #5
Richyrich
Registered User
 
Richyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Ultimate warrior, not goalie
What are you implying, Hover? The Ultimate Warrior is ultimate in all of his endeavors. It just so happens that he is first and foremost a warrior. When he joins the flyers he will be The Ultimate Warrior Goalie

Richyrich is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
  #6
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin



I BREATHE THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

ForsbergIsOdin is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
  #7
flyerfan1248
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Hmm...

Forwards
Gagne-Carter-Giroux (yes, I think Giroux can handle a top spot)
Hartnell-Richards-Knuble (Knuble can handle another year or 2)
JVR-Briere-Nodl
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

Lupul leaves. Cote goes to the Phantoms.

Defense
Timonen-Parent
Bouwmeester-Coburn
Carle-Sbisa

Jones and Alberts are both gone.

Goalies
Emery-Eriksson/Backlund

But I'm not sure how that is cap wise... might be over. don't know. too lazy to do the math.

flyerfan1248 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 05:31 PM
  #8
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
OP- I think the replies above show that this thread is way too early. Cant we wait until free agency starts at least when we start seeing who may and may not be a Flyer?

Juicy Couturier* is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 05:39 PM
  #9
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Powe-Giroux-Recchi (1.6M)
Carcillo-Yelle(600K)-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Parent
Coburn-Sbisa
Carle-Montador(1.3M)

Emery
Conklin (900K)

Cap Hit-53.074M

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 05:40 PM
  #10
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfan1248 View Post
Hmm...

Forwards
Gagne-Carter-Giroux (yes, I think Giroux can handle a top spot)
Hartnell-Richards-Knuble (Knuble can handle another year or 2)
JVR-Briere-Nodl
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

Lupul leaves. Cote goes to the Phantoms.

Defense
Timonen-Parent
Bouwmeester-Coburn
Carle-Sbisa

Jones and Alberts are both gone.

Goalies
Emery-Eriksson/Backlund

But I'm not sure how that is cap wise... might be over. don't know. too lazy to do the math.
I wouldn't trust Backlund to be a backup, and Eriksson is nowhere near ready. He hasn't even made it to the SEL yet, let alone the NHL.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 06:25 PM
  #11
jcflyy97
Registered User
 
jcflyy97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfan1248 View Post
Hmm...

Forwards
Gagne-Carter-Giroux (yes, I think Giroux can handle a top spot)
Hartnell-Richards-Knuble (Knuble can handle another year or 2)
JVR-Briere-Nodl
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

Lupul leaves. Cote goes to the Phantoms.

Defense
Timonen-Parent
Bouwmeester-Coburn
Carle-Sbisa

Jones and Alberts are both gone.

Goalies
Emery-Eriksson/Backlund

But I'm not sure how that is cap wise... might be over. don't know. too lazy to do the math.



Just think......if it were not for the stupid NHL Lottery......you might be replacing JVR with Kane.....

jcflyy97 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
  #12
dr.rosenrosen
Registered User
 
dr.rosenrosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: S.Philly
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
George Parros and The Ultimate Warrior on the same team= cup no if ands or buts, we would destroy people every game i'm siked!

dr.rosenrosen is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 06:47 PM
  #13
ph
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
If it were me:
Gagne-Giroux-Briere (Briere takes the faceoffs)
Hartnell-Richards-Carter
Kalinski-Powe-Nodl
Carcillo-Ross-Asham
Gratton

Timonen-Bouwmeester
Coburn-Carle
Parent-Sbisa

Emery
Conklin

What I actually expect:
Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
JVR-Giroux-Powe
Carcillo-Ross-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Parent
Coburn-Carle
Jones-Sbisa

Emery
Esche

ph is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 07:02 PM
  #14
twenty2
 
twenty2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Personally what I want to see is this:

Gagne (5.25) - Briere (6.50) - Knuble (2.00)
Hartnell (4.20) - Carter (5.00) - Giroux (0.82)
JVR (1.65?) - Richards (5.75) - Lupul (4.20)
Carcillo (0.89) - Powe (0.52) - Asham (0.64)
Cote (0.55)

Timonen (6.33) - Parent (0.86)
Coburn (1.30) - Carle (3.44) or UFA (2.00)
Komisarek/UFA(4.00) - Sbisa (0.88)

Emery (1.50)
Esche (1.00)

Total: 55.04 or 56.48 with Carle

twenty2 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 07:47 PM
  #15
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
kovalchuck-richards-knuble
hartnell-carter-briere
jvr-giroux-armstrong
carcillo-powe-asham

timonen-parent
coburn-carle
jones-sbisa

lehtonen-emery

___IN___
3.50 lehtonen
6.40 kovalchuck
1.20 armstrong
1.50 emery
.875 sbisa
.925 jvr
----
14.5 mill


___OUT___
5.25 gagne
4.25 lupul
3.50 biron
1.22 niity
1.25 alberts
0.55 cote
------
16 mill


Last edited by kammy: 06-15-2009 at 08:08 PM.
kammy is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 07:58 PM
  #16
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
kovalchuck-richards-knuble
hartnell-carter-briere
jvr-giroux-armstrong
carcillo-powe- asham

timonen-parent
coburn-carle
jones-sbisa

lehtonen-emery
So we trade Lupul and Gagne for Kovalchuk, Armstrong, and Lehtonen?

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 08:18 PM
  #17
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
So we trade Lupul and Gagne for Kovalchuk, Armstrong, and Lehtonen?
Gagne and Lupul, plus a few phantoms with value .. Nodl,Syvret, Ross, Kalinski, take ur pick

for

Lehtonen, Kovalchuck plus Armstrong

Atlanta makes some cap space and rejuvenates their team with 2 great forwards and some young talent.

Flyers get their starter goalie, a natural born sniper, and a great gritty forward who can put up points on 3rd line. JVR and Sbisa will get a full season and we actually make out better with the cap!

kammy is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 08:29 PM
  #18
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Personally what I want to see is this:

Gagne (5.25) - Briere (6.50) - Knuble (2.00)
Hartnell (4.20) - Carter (5.00) - Giroux (0.82)
JVR (1.65?) - Richards (5.75) - Lupul (4.20)
Carcillo (0.89) - Powe (0.52) - Asham (0.64)
Cote (0.55)

Timonen (6.33) - Parent (0.86)
Coburn (1.30) - Carle (3.44) or UFA (2.00)
Komisarek/UFA(4.00) - Sbisa (0.88)

Emery (1.50)
Esche (1.00)

Total: 55.04 or 56.48 with Carle
lol at Komisarek on the 3rd pairing.

Juicy Couturier* is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 08:29 PM
  #19
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
Gagne and Lupul, plus a few phantoms with value .. Nodl,Syvret, Ross, Kalinski, take ur pick

for

Lehtonen, Kovalchuck plus Armstrong

Atlanta makes some cap space and rejuvenates their team with 2 great forwards and some young talent.

Flyers get their starter goalie, a natural born sniper, and a great gritty forward who can put up points on 3rd line. JVR and Sbisa will get a full season and we actually make out better with the cap!
Gagne and Lupul wouldn't get you Kovalchuk, let alone Lehtonen and Armstrong.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
  #20
flyerfan1248
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Gagne and Lupul wouldn't get you Kovalchuk, let alone Lehtonen and Armstrong.
Gagne won't want to go to Atlanta. Besides, Gagne is basically at the same level as Kovalchuk, but despite being a little bit less productive on the points, he still gets the job done when we need him. Gags is gonna be staying in Philly for life.

flyerfan1248 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
  #21
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Gagne and Lupul wouldn't get you Kovalchuk, let alone Lehtonen and Armstrong.
howabout gags, loops, nodl, syvret and 21st pick?

kammy is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
  #22
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfan1248 View Post
Gagne won't want to go to Atlanta. Besides, Gagne is basically at the same level as Kovalchuk, but despite being a little bit less productive on the points, he still gets the job done when we need him. Gags is gonna be staying in Philly for life.
Quotes like this are why I really really wish HF Boards had a reputation points system like some other boards. This my friend would be negged on the spot.

Juicy Couturier* is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 12:42 AM
  #23
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,019
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph View Post
If it were me:
Gagne-Giroux-Briere (Briere takes the faceoffs)
Hartnell-Richards-Carter
Kalinski-Powe-Nodl
Carcillo-Ross-Asham
Gratton

Timonen-Bouwmeester
Coburn-Carle
Parent-Sbisa

Emery
Conklin

What I actually expect:
Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
JVR-Giroux-Powe
Carcillo-Ross-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Parent
Coburn-Carle
Jones-Sbisa

Emery
Esche
Sweet Jebus those forward lines are terrible.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 08:08 AM
  #24
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph View Post

What I actually expect:
Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
JVR-Giroux-Powe
Carcillo-Ross-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Parent
Coburn-Carle
Jones-Sbisa

Emery
Esche

So lets make 0 moves this offseason, sounds like a plan. I love first round playoff exits

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
  #25
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Gagne(5.25)- Richards(5.75)- Briere(6.5)
Hartnell(4.2)- Carter(5)- Giroux(822k)
J. Jokinen(2.25)- Malhotra(1.75)-Knuble(2.25)
Carcillo(893k)- Powe(520k)- Asham(640k)

Forwards: 32.825M

Timonen(6.33)- Coburn(1.3)
Parent(855k)- Beauchemin(3.5)
Sbisa(875k)- Vaananen/Alberts/Whoever(1.5)

Defense: 14.36M

Emery(1.5)
Harding(2)

Goalies: 3.5M

Total: 50.685M

Send Jones to the minors for a year, Trade Lupul and whatever to the Wild for Harding, trade Carle to anyone interested for a low pick and an AHL player or decent prospect. Move Briere next offseason, replace him with Giroux, and fill Giroux's spot with JVR.

Protest is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.