HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2009, 12:53 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Maroon making the first line seems damn near impossible.

Maroon making any line seems unlikely.

Unless we do a major salary dump.

Regards,
Rick
im talking playoffs mind you...

Old
09-16-2009, 04:33 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Gagne-Carter-Hartnell
Briere-Richards-Pyorala
Carcillo-Giroux-Laperriere
Powe-Betts-Asham

Old
09-16-2009, 04:57 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaryCap View Post
Gagne-Carter-Hartnell
Briere-Richards-Pyorala
Carcillo-Giroux-Laperriere
Powe-Betts-Asham
Ähhhm ok. But why mix it up? As we've seen Gagne played well together with Richards, as did Carter and Hartnell (both career years), as did Briere and Giroux. I don't get it.

Old
09-16-2009, 05:08 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Wow JVR is really impressing in camp. It looks very likely that he's going to make the team. he's on the same line as giroux and briere. That could be scary this year. If he plays with those i expect 50 points minimum.

I think i could get 50 points on a line with those two

Old
09-16-2009, 07:50 AM
DUHockey9

The amount of skill and dangleability (yea...made that up) on a line of JVR-Giroux-Briere is mind boggling.

Old
09-17-2009, 06:56 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Gagne - Richards - Powe
Hartnell - Carter - Pyorala
Lappy - Giroux - Briere
Asham - Betts - Carcillo

JVR to the minors for some professional conditioning and will replace someone after the first month or for an injury.

Old
09-18-2009, 07:33 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Gagne - Richards - Powe
Hartnell - Carter - Pyorala
Lappy - Giroux - Briere
Asham - Betts - Carcillo

JVR to the minors for some professional conditioning and will replace someone after the first month or for an injury.
Just a month in the AHL? I don't see the point.

He can get the same exact "professional conditioning" in the NHL as he can in the AHL.

IMO the only time you send a guy to the AHL when he may very well be one of your top 12 forwards (or 6 d-men) is if they'd be playing outside of their "role" and not getting the minutes they require. If JVR makes this team, he will be getting real minutes, with really good players.

The only way I see JVR NOT on the team at this point (which is a full 180 from where I was at the start of the offseason) is if his play doesn't warrant it (which is not the case at the moment) or if the front office isn't ready to completely cut ties with an asset for nothing when they could just as easily send JVR down and keep both.

Old
09-18-2009, 08:51 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
from what i heard, JVR didn't look so hot against the Leafs last night. still, he's our leading scorer thus far in the preseason (haha) and that showing he had against the Caps was hope inspiring. notch a few more of those and i could see him landing a roster spot.

stevens needs to get this team going. i'm not blaming him for how bad we are right now, but i will blame him if we don't get better. we have too much talent to be this bad.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:06 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
from what i heard, JVR didn't look so hot against the Leafs last night. still, he's our leading scorer thus far in the preseason (haha) and that showing he had against the Caps was hope inspiring. notch a few more of those and i could see him landing a roster spot.

stevens needs to get this team going. i'm not blaming him for how bad we are right now, but i will blame him if we don't get better. we have too much talent to be this bad.
Did you know in 2 games, we have 1 person with 1 point...
Isnt that terrible....

Old
09-18-2009, 10:00 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Did you know in 2 games, we have 1 person with 1 point...
Isnt that terrible....
hopefully he doesn't turn into jon sim

Old
09-18-2009, 12:01 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Wow JVR is really impressing in camp. It looks very likely that he's going to make the team. he's on the same line as giroux and briere. That could be scary this year. If he plays with those i expect 50 points minimum.

I think i could get 50 points on a line with those two
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
The amount of skill and dangleability (yea...made that up) on a line of JVR-Giroux-Briere is mind boggling.
From an offensive standpoint that sounds awesome, as long as one of them is willing to take the shots!!!

However, how is JVR's defensive game? We know Giroux's is very good and will probably be great when he hits his prime...but that line could be as much a liability as a benefit.

If JVR makes the team I would want to see him given a shot with Carter/Hartnell....Keep Powe with Giroux/Briere and it doesnt matter who plays with Gagne/Richards.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:30 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Ok, so after actually getting to watch a preseason game, I'll admit I'm impressed with JVR. He should get a spot in the top 9, maybe on a line with Giroux. As for my other thoughts, I wouldn't mind giving Mark Bell a shot to be a top 9 winger. If he plays with good players, he might do good things for this team. Also, I don't want Carcillo anywhere near the top 6. He's playing very reckless, although he did indirectly create two goals tonight, simply by agitating. Here's my forward group for opening night:

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Gagne-Richards-Bell
Asham-Giroux-JVR
Carcillo-Powe-Laperrierre

Betts

Lines will most likely be shuffled from game to game and within games, but Carter, Richards, Briere, Hartnell. Gagne, and Giroux should be getting relatively even minutes. I'd like to keep JVR around 15 mins a game early on.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Ok, so after actually getting to watch a preseason game, I'll admit I'm impressed with JVR. He should get a spot in the top 9, maybe on a line with Giroux. As for my other thoughts, I wouldn't mind giving Mark Bell a shot to be a top 9 winger. If he plays with good players, he might do good things for this team. Also, I don't want Carcillo anywhere near the top 6. He's playing very reckless, although he did indirectly create two goals tonight, simply by agitating. Here's my forward group for opening night:

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Gagne-Richards-Bell
Asham-Giroux-JVR
Carcillo-Powe-Laperrierre

Betts

Lines will most likely be shuffled from game to game and within games, but Carter, Richards, Briere, Hartnell. Gagne, and Giroux should be getting relatively even minutes. I'd like to keep JVR around 15 mins a game early on.
Bell hasnt showed anything really so far...

Old
09-19-2009, 09:37 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Bell hasnt showed anything really so far...
He had a really nice pass to set up Briere's first goal. The thing is, playing him on the 4th line isn't going to create any dividends (ie, this would be a bad reason to keep him around). The guy has some pent up talent. Put him with talented players and see what he can do. It'd be better than giving Lappy, Carcillo, or Asham top 6 minutes.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
He had a really nice pass to set up Briere's first goal. The thing is, playing him on the 4th line isn't going to create any dividends (ie, this would be a bad reason to keep him around). The guy has some pent up talent. Put him with talented players and see what he can do. It'd be better than giving Lappy, Carcillo, or Asham top 6 minutes.
Id rather see maybe a rookie play instead. Or even Pyorala be given a chance (after he shows alittle more of course). Just because he has had one nice pass, I dont think warrants him a top 6 spot. I watched the end of the 2nd and all of the 3rd and didnt notice him at all. I think it would be bad for us to put a guy who hasnt shown anything, on an important role for us to HOPE he pulls out some magic he had 3 years ago.

Id still go with this

Gagne-Richards-Lappy
Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
JVR-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo/Powe/Asham-Betts-Asham/Powe/Carcillo

Old
09-19-2009, 09:46 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Id rather see maybe a rookie play instead. Or even Pyorala be given a chance (after he shows alittle more of course). Just because he has had one nice pass, I dont think warrants him a top 6 spot. I watched the end of the 2nd and all of the 3rd and didnt notice him at all. I think it would be bad for us to put a guy who hasnt shown anything, on an important role for us to HOPE he pulls out some magic he had 3 years ago.

Id still go with this

Gagne-Richards-Lappy
Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
JVR-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo/Powe/Asham-Betts-Asham/Powe/Carcillo
don't take this as me arguing, but why didn't Pyorala play tonight? I'd also hate to see Laperierre in the top 6. IMO he hasn't shown anything either.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
don't take this as me arguing, but why didn't Pyorala play tonight? I'd also hate to see Laperierre in the top 6. IMO he hasn't shown anything either.
I dont know. Kind of wish he did. Everyone has taken a break so far so I dont see much in it. So far everyone has played 2 games so far, maybe a player or two playing 3. He was one of the best in training camp, but seems to be still adjusting to the NHL style of play.

For Lappy, someone showed stats that he had something like 8 points less then Knuble did on the even strength. Im pretty sure Lappy also played on a ****tyer line. I odnt think Lap has looked that bad so far. In the end though, you chose a guy you feel more comfortable with, and I think atm it might be Lappy (based on we sign him and Bell is just trying out)

Old
09-19-2009, 10:02 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
I dont know. Kind of wish he did. Everyone has taken a break so far so I dont see much in it. So far everyone has played 2 games so far, maybe a player or two playing 3. He was one of the best in training camp, but seems to be still adjusting to the NHL style of play.

For Lappy, someone showed stats that he had something like 8 points less then Knuble did on the even strength. Im pretty sure Lappy also played on a ****tyer line. I odnt think Lap has looked that bad so far. In the end though, you chose a guy you feel more comfortable with, and I think atm it might be Lappy (based on we sign him and Bell is just trying out)
Knuble was terrible at ES. He's still trying to catch up to the play . His main role on this team was for the purpose of being that PP guy. Unfortunately, I don't think Laperriere can contribute the way Mike did on the PP, and so I don't think that warrants playing in the top 6 at even strength. He had 19 points last year. If he plays top 6 ES minutes, he may get 25. Laperriere is a 4th line agitator, nothing more, nothing less. You may be right, I could be wrong about Bell, but skill and talent wise, he is the only potential top 6 guy (if we are trying to roll 3 scoring lines) out there right now to fill that role on the wing.

Old
09-19-2009, 10:07 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Knuble was terrible at ES. He's still trying to catch up to the play . His main role on this team was for the purpose of being that PP guy. Unfortunately, I don't think Laperriere can contribute the way Mike did on the PP, and so I don't think that warrants playing in the top 6 at even strength. He had 19 points last year. If he plays top 6 ES minutes, he may get 25. Laperriere is a 4th line agitator, nothing more, nothing less. You may be right, I could be wrong about Bell, but skill and talent wise, he is the only potential top 6 guy (if we are trying to roll 3 scoring lines) out there right now to fill that role on the wing.
Ok fair enough. I dont hate Bell, I just think he needs to show more. There is 1 problem though. We are at 49 contracts out of 50. Betts and Bell are going for the last one. Being honest, Id rather have Betts.

Old
09-19-2009, 10:18 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Ok fair enough. I dont hate Bell, I just think he needs to show more. There is 1 problem though. We are at 49 contracts out of 50. Betts and Bell are going for the last one. Being honest, Id rather have Betts.
This is true. I hate that we give pro contracts to guys that aren't even going to sniff the NHL this season most likely.

Old
09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Looks like Holmgrem is upset with the teams effort so far, Eklund is reporting the Flyers are close to a trade.

However, no more information on who for what, so take it with a grain of salt.

I look for Jones to be moved honestly, to make more cap space for JVR.

Old
09-20-2009, 01:06 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Looks like Holmgrem is upset with the teams effort so far, Eklund is reporting the Flyers are close to a trade.

However, no more information on who for what, so take it with a grain of salt.

I look for Jones to be moved honestly, to make more cap space for JVR.
good ol' Homer, coach sucks, lets fiddle with the roster instead

Old
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
PlantersOye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
good ol' Homer, coach sucks, lets fiddle with the roster instead

Old
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Gagne-Richards-Lapperiere
Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
JVR/Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo/Powe-Betts-Asham

Old
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
hoppy
EK65

Send a message via MSN to hoppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Gagne-Richards-Lapperiere
Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
JVR/Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo/Powe-Betts-Asham
I like Hover's lines.

What kinda points do you have JVR/Giroux/Briere getting each?
OR we could make that Giroux trade... (Probably not).

Closed Thread