HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here's to wishing Joel Bouchard well

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 08:50 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Here's to wishing Joel Bouchard well

I felt bad for this kid.

As the camera's were passing the bench they locked in on him sittign there with his head down. Knowing that he's been batteling concussion symptoms I just knew at that moment he was not right. On his next shift he went down behind the net and again in the corner, neither time did he hit his head.

After that he went to the lockerroom and did not return. It's the 2nd time he has attempted to play only to be disappointed.

I personally do not think that he will play again, maybe that's premature thinking, but it's a gut thing.

Good Luck Joel, feel better soon.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:11 AM
xevious

He may play again but not for the NYR. I liked Bouchard, too bad it didn't work out for him the second time around.

Get well soon Joel.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Agreed, I felt bad for him last night. He has no luck. Hopefully he can bounce back from this.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
Agreed, I felt bad for him last night. He has no luck. Hopefully he can bounce back from this.
If Bouchard recovers over the summer, I would not mind Rangers resigning. Who knows if he even recover, heck Tim Connoly has not played the whole season due to concussion symptoms.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:01 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
If Bouchard recovers over the summer, I would not mind Rangers resigning. Who knows if he even recover, heck Tim Connoly has not played the whole season due to concussion symptoms.
Jason Allison, Adam Deadmarsh.. its a serious problem

Old
03-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'm all for what JD was talking about last night - penalties for ANY hit to the head. Call it the 'Quarterback' rule, whatever...I like it. No more Shoulders, elbows, forearms to the head. I think it would make the game better in the long run. The head injuries are just too devastating.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
BigE

Although I'd hate to see our game become as 'contact lite' as the European side, frequently seen at WJC's, I wouldn't mind this.

Obviously, Lindros has had a few forearms, shoulders and elbows to the head and he's where he is now because of them.

I'm kind of split on this issue because you take a look at a clean hit like Phaneuf on Olesz at the WJC (which he was ejected for) and it was beautiful to see. However, Olesz still has not recovered and that's sad because he's a fairly talented kid.

I just hope that with all the suspensions going on right now, Gary Bettman doesn't go too far and remove all of the emotion out of the game. I certainly think that players need to get the message about the sucker-punches and the high-sticks but if we take everything away from the game, it becomes just like every other generic sport in the world.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:46 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Jason Allison, Adam Deadmarsh.. its a serious problem
Allison does NOT have concussion problems.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Allison does NOT have concussion problems.
Yeah, whiplash and occassionally his vision becomes blurred. Sounds like a head injury to me.

Closed Thread