HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

FA game #7

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Last Eklund Update Of The Night

Eklund Update
The Philadelphia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks have began preliminary discussions regarding All-World Goaltender Roberto Luongo. Roberto would fit right in in Philadelphia and be the goalie that they have searched for for a decade plus. I'm told that big names are being thrown around on the Philadelphia side to get this deal done. My guess is that Jeff Carter, the 24 year old 46 goal scorer, will be going to Vancouver in any such deal. Keep checking back for updates as this is definitely a blockbuster.

The Florida Panthers are close to dealing either Nathan Horton or Stephen Weiss. If the deal is agreed upon a top 10 pick will be heading back to Florida. I am not sure at this time if anything else is involved in the deal but it is certainly a possibility

Peter Kalus is currently making his decision if he will return to the NHL. I am uncertain if he will make his decision tonight.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
06-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Re-Sign 4 RFA's

Lukas Krajicek- 3 year , 1.75 M per year
Matt Smaby- 5 Year, 1.25 M per year
Karri Ramo- 2 year, 0.850 K per year
Troy Brouwer - 3 Year, 1.4 M per year

Old
06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
CaptPantalones

Islanders have resigned Nate Thompson, Blake Comeau and Jeremy Colliton to new deals. Financial terms not available

Old
06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Heaters not lazt*

News out of Boston:

Petr Kalus has agreed to return to North America. Last season he lost a lo of his offensive touch, garnering just 2 assists.

Since leaving Boston, he just hasn't been the same player, or the player we expected him to be. We're very happy to get him back at this point in his career, as we feel that it's not too late to get back to the player he once was.

*This means a pick goes to the Minnesota Wild

Old
06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Philly is looking to add a physical top 4 defenseman, and a 3rd line winger with good two-way capability, veteran experience, and scoring touch.

Old
06-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Washington Capitals resign some RFA's

Eric Fehr- 2 years, .85 million per, this is slightly above his QO.
Kyle Wilson- 2 years, .825 million per, 2-way contract
Steven Pinizzotto- 2 years, .7865 million per, 2-way contract
Christopher Bourque- 3 years, .725 million per, 1-way contract
Andrew Joudrey- 2 years, .638 million per, 2-way contract for the first year, 1-way contract for the second year

Old
06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Jeff Schultz, Shaone Morrisonn, Sami Lepisto are on the trade block. Also Chris Clark, Michael Nylander and Brain Pothier can be had.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:05 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Philly is looking to add a physical top 4 defenseman, and a 3rd line winger with good two-way capability, veteran experience, and scoring touch.
You need Jeff Finger ......please?

Old
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
You need Jeff Finger ......please?
Did you get my trade offer?

Old
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
grabo84

Lisin, Miettinen, Harding packing their bags

The Minnesota Wild have completed a substantial trade, sending Josh Harding, Antti Miettinen, and their 1st and 4th round picks to the Phoenix Coyotes for Enver Lisin, Vladimir Ruzicka, David Hale, and the Coyotes 1st overall pick.

We feel that we can get an extremely talented player with the 6th overall pick, and are excited about the raw talent that Enver Lisin brings to the table. Vladimir Ruzicka is another interesting prospect, and we hope to see him suiting up for the Wild sometime in the future. We feel that he has a great deal of upside.

We wish Josh Harding and Antti Miettinen the best of luck in Phoenix, and fully anticipate that Josh will become a number one goalie in the near future. We're excited to give him this opportunity, and didn't wish to hold him back.

Last edited by grabo84: 06-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old
06-16-2009, 11:10 PM
RR

Lisin and 6th overall headed to the Midwest; Miettenen, Harding and 12th overall off to desert sun

The Phoenix Coyotes and Minnesota Wild agreed to a deal tonight that will send the 6th overall pick to the Wild along with winger Enver Lisin in exchange for two-way winger Antti Miettenen, goaltender Josh Harding, Minnesota's 1st round (12th overall) and 4th round (#99) picks in the 2009 draft.

Phoenix also shipped defenseman David Hale and prospect Viktor Ruzcika to the Wild.

Coyotes GM RousselRising was looking to add a two-way forward and potential #1 goalie and believes he accomplished that in one deal. Miettenen immediately steps onto the Coyotes 2nd line while Harding will compete with Ilya Bryzgalov for the #1 goaltending job this season.

Lisin did not figure in the Coyotes plans this season and was likely destined for San Antonio. The Coyotes respected Enver's desire to play in the NHL this season and agreed to explore trade possibilities. We wish him well in Minnesota. He's a young and exciting player, but with an opportunity to get a more polished forward, especially in the defensive zone, like Miettenen made this a sensible deal.

Trading down to #12 was the toughest part of the deal, but we had about 4 or 5 guys we really liked at #6, and expect 1 or 2 to still be there at 12. So we decided to roll the dice.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:13 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

CANES RE-SIGN FOUR

CAROLINA- The Carolina Hurricanes have solidified their forward corps for years to come with the re-signing of forwards Jussi Jokinen, Tuomo Ruutu and Dwight Helminen. Financial terms of the deals were not available, though Jokinen's deal is reputed to be three years, while Ruutu has recieved a term of two. Helminen is believed to have agreed on his qualifying offer. Ruutu, 26, is coming off his best season as a Cane, scoring 26 goals. Jokinen, 26, only had 27 points in the regular season, but was a key contributor in the Canes run to the Conference Finals. Helminen, 25, had 2 points in 23 regular season games

Further, the Hurricanes have locked up defenseman Anton Babchuk. The Ukranian defenseman, 25, is coming off a career year where he deposited 16 goals, and 35 points. Babchuk's deal is believed to be a three year pact.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:24 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Commish/Philly is going to sleep, continue to send in RFA contracts, and please make sure they follow the QO rules. I will answer all PMs in the morning.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
ESY16

Send a message via MSN to ESY16
I'll be answering the PMs I have received regarding RFAs shortly.

As for Colorado, we are looking to acquire a starting goaltender, top 6 D with affordable contract, and a top 6 winger. Players such as Hensick, Clark, Salei, Jones, and Budaj are available. Wolski or Svatos could be available in the right deal.

The 3rd overall pick is not untouchable, but would require a hefty payment to land.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Now taking offers for Martin St.Louis, Valcav Prospal

Vinny is a maybe, unless the offer blows me away, don't even try

Old
06-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Marco Sturm will be gone by tommorrow. Make your offers.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Jarmac

The New York Rangers have traded Wade Redden, Aaron Voros, and a 4th rounder to the New York Islanders in exchange for Freddy Meyer.

Rangers GM Glen Sather was seen personally driving the two players out of Manhattan and dumping them in a ditch next to the Uniondale Walmart. He then played a celebratory round of golf before remembering he had a team to run. Then he played more golf.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
grabo84

Kim Johnsson is available to a team looking for a veteran D. Get your offers in, I have no issue with matching salary coming back, so long as I like the player involved.

Benoit Pouliot is also available, I'm looking for a youngish D in return.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:59 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmac View Post
The New York Rangers have traded Wade Redden, Aaron Voros, and a 4th rounder to the New York Islanders in exchange for Freddy Meyer.

Rangers GM Glen Sather was seen personally driving the two players out of Manhattan and dumping them in a ditch next to the Uniondale Walmart. He then played a celebratory round of golf before remembering he had a team to run. Then he played more golf.
Oh wow. HH wasn't making that up.

You enjoy that round of golf, you've done your work for the day.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Peter Griffin

The Vancouver Canucks are taking offers on goaltender Roberto Luongo. If you are interested contact me via PM and I will let you know if Roberto is willing to join your team. At this point we're not looking to dump him, we are just trying to see what type of team we can put together without Roberto. Need a youngish(28 and under) top 6 forward, preferably a center, as part of any deal.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:

Great job.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Heaters not lazt*

Marco Sturm will be gone in 5 minutes... Last offers.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

I dont think Redden would waive his NTC to go to The Islanders. In his contract he has a NTC where he can choose 8 teams he will not accept a trade to. I doubt he would waive to go to the worse team in the league

Quote:

Old
06-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
I dont think Redden would waive his NTC to go to The Islanders. In his contract he has a NTC where he can choose 8 teams he will not accept a trade to. I doubt he would waive to go to the worse team in the league
For some reason, I don't really think he cares as much about winning as he does the money.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Walcott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaters not lazt View Post
For some reason, I don't really think he cares as much about winning as he does the money.
Was his agent contacted as to discuss his limited NTC?

Closed Thread