HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Chicago We Trust

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 07:25 AM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
In Chicago We Trust

Boy oh boy, as much as I hate to say it..and even though we have a H2H vs. STL, I think our fate rests pretty much on CHI. They have 2 games each against NSH and STL. I'm hoping either they sweep one team and lose the other two games to other. Doesn't matter which team at this point. Or they win one game against each team.

If they can only win one game out of those four, which team would you pick to get the loss?

I'd say STL. They lose, then their game in hand no longer becomes a factor. Making our H2H game all that important. It could rest on that game.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Italian Oiler

Send a message via ICQ to Italian Oiler Send a message via MSN to Italian Oiler
To be honest, I BELIEVE in the Oils... but not so much in the Hawks... :p

Old
03-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Mr Sakich

of all the bad scores last last, the wild spanking the hawks had me the most concerned. The only good part was that the hawks started a rookie named Munro. I think thibeault is back so they have a better chance vs the blues and preds.

Sutter won't let the hawks roll over 5 games in a row.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:40 AM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
Boy oh boy, as much as I hate to say it..and even though we have a H2H vs. STL, I think our fate rests pretty much on CHI
Its tempting to look at Chicago as being the key because they have so many games. However, really, the issue always boiling down to how well their opposition does against the Oilers'.

It seems to be:
NSH: CHI CHI MIN DET
STL: CHI CHI CBJ COL
EDM: PHO VAN LA DAL

with STL and NSH splitting points by playing each other. Yeah, if Chicago went on a streak it would really help the Oilers, but there's MIN and CBJ that can help them out as well. And of course Detroit and Colorado have to do much better than Dallas.

As for who to hope Chicago wins against if they can win only one game: it depends upon the other outcomes.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
Its tempting to look at Chicago as being the key because they have so many games. However, really, the issue always boiling down to how well their opposition does against the Oilers'.

It seems to be:
NSH: CHI CHI MIN DET
STL: CHI CHI CBJ COL
EDM: PHO VAN LA DAL

with STL and NSH splitting points by playing each other. Yeah, if Chicago went on a streak it would really help the Oilers, but there's MIN and CBJ that can help them out as well.

As for who to hope Chicago wins against if they can win only one game: it depends upon the other outcomes.
The way I look at it. Because they play each other (and pray for no tie or OT Loss) if one team takes 2 pts from the other, hope fully it is St louyis, then we should have a better chance at passing Nashville...

Old
03-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Obsessed

Good news is that Thibault will be back on Saturday. That will be a huge boost for CHI. GO HAWK GO!!

More importantly though GO OILERS GO!!

Old
03-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Blatherblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
The way I look at it. Because they play each other (and pray for no tie or OT Loss) if one team takes 2 pts from the other, hope fully it is St louyis, then we should have a better chance at passing Nashville...
Actually, it's better if for the team with more points to win, be it Nashville or St Louis. That way, the better team solidifies 7th or 8th and the Oilers can slip in!

Old
03-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Matts

Yes

I look upon next Sat's game between Nsh/Stl with as much dred as I'm sure Nsh looks at the Blues/Oilers game this coming Tuesday, ie the dreaded 3 point game.

Closed Thread