HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
  #351
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
From Matthew Barry's Blog - 6/29/09

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...ings/125/21838

I didn't want to start a new thread for this. It's an interesting thought. I do wonder what J-Bo's cap hit will be if the Flames sign him. Say it's 6.5 then Dion's 6.3. What does Iggy and Kipper make?

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 07:50 PM
  #352
piston
Registered User
 
piston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Denmark
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...ings/125/21838

I didn't want to start a new thread for this. It's an interesting thought. I do wonder what J-Bo's cap hit will be if the Flames sign him. Say it's 6.5 then Dion's 6.3. What does Iggy and Kipper make?
If the Flames sign J-Bo, Phaneuf is history in Calgary.

Johnson, Moller and Voinov? Not many teams can take on Dion's salary.

piston is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
  #353
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Calgary is not getting rid of Phaneuf. Period. I wish like crazy we could get him, but he's not going anywhere.

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 08:19 PM
  #354
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,326
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_weath.../rumourgen.htm

Talk about getting something for nothing.........haha
O'Donnell to Bruins? (e4)
According to sources within the Los Angeles Kings organisation, the Boston Bruins are willing to part with LW Marco Sturm and RW Phil Kessel to obtain the services of D Sean O'Donnell. Remember, you heard it here first!

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
  #355
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
O'Donnell to Bruins? (e4)
According to sources within the Los Angeles Kings organisation, the Boston Bruins are willing to part with LW Marco Sturm and RW Phil Kessel to obtain the services of D Sean O'Donnell. Remember, you heard it here first!
LMAO, best post of the day.

JMFJ 3 is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 09:29 PM
  #356
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,569
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Basically, if you're a Kings blogger (guy who never got a journalist degree) you just list every free agent and say you heard he might be going to the Kings. Then, if 1 of them do happen to sign in LA you can say "See, I told you so." I love how everybody has inside information now, like agents don't float rumors so that it appears there is interest therby driving up the price on his client.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 09:40 PM
  #357
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
STOP the press! A Blogger just guaranteed that Eric Lindros is close to a deal with the Kings ... (cbgb4) Remember, you heard it here first!

Puck U is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
  #358
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
STOP the press! A Blogger just guaranteed that Eric Lindros is close to a deal with the Kings ... (cbgb4) Remember, you heard it here first!
The same blogger that guaranteed Souray was a King!!

Maynard is online now  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:21 PM
  #359
dashingsilverfox*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin19 View Post
The same blogger that guaranteed Souray was a King!!
There's a report out of Edmonton tonight that The Kings and Oilers are working on a trade that would send Souray to LA for Simmonds and Jack Johnson.

Any word there?

dashingsilverfox* is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:36 PM
  #360
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
There's a report out of Edmonton tonight that The Kings and Oilers are working on a trade that would send Souray to LA for Simmonds and Jack Johnson.

Any word there?
The word here is that the reports out of Edmonton are hor$e****!

Face Wash is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:37 PM
  #361
lakings41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
There's a report out of Edmonton tonight that The Kings and Oilers are working on a trade that would send Souray to LA for Simmonds and Jack Johnson.

Any word there?
Other than a Canadian website living some fantasy ****ing pipe dream! I honestly never see a deal where we remotely even win or get a fair offer. So basically a 22 yr old kid and a 19 yr old kid that both have upside and already play in the NHL everyday compared to a mid thirties defenseman that has three years left on his deal.

It's not an attack on you so I apologize but it honeslty gets ridiculous. I know all about Sheldon having a fantastic year in Edmonton but it's overpayment on our end in my opinion. JJ still needs time to develop and his potential is still very, very high. And Simmonds....c'mon! I'd go blow up the Kings front office!

So yeah no thanks!

lakings41 is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:38 PM
  #362
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,424
vCash: 500
i've heard Dhalsim is coming to the Kings

KingPuckChoo is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:43 PM
  #363
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Other than a Canadian website living some fantasy ****ing pipe dream! I honestly never see a deal where we remotely even win or get a fair offer. So basically a 22 yr old kid and a 19 yr old kid that both have upside and already play in the NHL everyday compared to a mid thirties defenseman that has three years left on his deal.

It's not an attack on you so I apologize but it honeslty gets ridiculous. I know all about Sheldon having a fantastic year in Edmonton but it's overpayment on our end in my opinion. JJ still needs time to develop and his potential is still very, very high. And Simmonds....c'mon! I'd go blow up the Kings front office!

So yeah no thanks!
The Kings didn't wanna sign Souray when he was a UFA... they'd rather wait a year and give up two of their best prospects for him... and still have to pay the guy an average of $5.4 mil for 3 more years.

If you're gunna make **** up... at least take 5 minutes to think of something credible.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
  #364
piston
Registered User
 
piston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Denmark
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to piston
If there were a list of three totally untouchable Kings' players, it is hard to dispute that Wayne Simmonds is not on it. He represents everything that DL wants this team to become- heart, grit, effort, team first, sacrifice. Those are the kind of adjectives you just don't trade.

piston is offline  
Old
06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
  #365
riznat
Registered User
 
riznat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
i've heard Dhalsim is coming to the Kings
omg, amazing!

Yoga FLAME!

riznat is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 12:09 AM
  #366
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Strickland is saying the Blues want to make a splash this weekend. He mentioned Johnson from the Kings to STL. Not a rumor just him throwing it out there. He threw out Perron's name to go the other way. Again not a rumor just thinking out loud.

IF STL want JJ, How would the conversation go if DL asked for Boyes back in return.
How is this Value wise? Boyes is a center and would be a great addition to the top 6.
Strickland has passed the 50-mile mark on that donut he's been riding around on after blowing a tire with that whole Pronger deal.

wabwat is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 12:13 AM
  #367
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,326
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
i've heard Dhalsim is coming to the Kings
I'm holding out hope the Kings can sign Zangief. Sure he's a little slow, but he's strong as **** and is the power forward we've always wanted.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 12:13 AM
  #368
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Strickland has passed the 50-mile mark on that donut he's been riding around on after blowing a tire with that whole Pronger deal.
I like donuts.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
  #369
ca phe sua da
Craig's on it
 
ca phe sua da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Other than a Canadian website living some fantasy ****ing pipe dream! I honestly never see a deal where we remotely even win or get a fair offer. So basically a 22 yr old kid and a 19 yr old kid that both have upside and already play in the NHL everyday compared to a mid thirties defenseman that has three years left on his deal.

It's not an attack on you so I apologize but it honeslty gets ridiculous. I know all about Sheldon having a fantastic year in Edmonton but it's overpayment on our end in my opinion. JJ still needs time to develop and his potential is still very, very high. And Simmonds....c'mon! I'd go blow up the Kings front office!

So yeah no thanks!
Edmonton's only asking for Johnson and Simmonds, not like they're asking for Kopitar and Doughty. If the rumour's true LA rips off Edmonton in the deal

ca phe sua da is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 09:15 AM
  #370
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
Edmonton's only asking for Johnson and Simmonds, not like they're asking for Kopitar and Doughty. If the rumour's true LA rips off Edmonton in the deal
No, no they don't.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
  #371
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
The Sourray rumor has legs, but I dont think Simmonds is involved.

VictoryRose is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
  #372
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
The Sourray rumor has legs, but I dont think Simmonds is involved.

Rugged veteran Defenseman who puts up points. Fits the bill for what Dean needs right now.

Matt13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 10:02 AM
  #373
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Not just rugged, but can absolutely blast the puck

SS was one of the best defensemen in the league last season, and it wasnt a contract year. He had a better overall season than Phaneuf or JayBo, easily.

VictoryRose is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 10:03 AM
  #374
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Other than a Canadian website living some fantasy ****ing pipe dream! I honestly never see a deal where we remotely even win or get a fair offer. So basically a 22 yr old kid and a 19 yr old kid that both have upside and already play in the NHL everyday compared to a mid thirties defenseman that has three years left on his deal.

Look at the pipeline.

Trading JJ now for a player who is locked in for 3 years makes sense.

We already know that JJ is going to be a problem to negotiate with in the future, plus probably be unaffordable with all the other players we have.

Throwing in Simmonds doesnt make sense, but straight up or "Jack Johnson and Pick" I would do in a heartbeat.

Matt13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
  #375
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
Not just rugged, but can absolutely blast the puck

SS was one of the best defensemen in the league last season, and it wasnt a contract year. He had a better overall season than Phaneuf or JayBo, easily.

Didnt he break a 100 mph in hardest shot at the all star game?

Matt13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.