HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Way too much to give up for just Sharp. Frolov is a better player, but Sharp is signed. I like the Vertseeg, Barker deal much better. Sharp, given his contract, would not be a bad replacement for Frolov, but adding anything more to the deal than maybe a 5th rounder would be bad. However, as with every Frolov trade that isn't for Kovalchuk, I'd rather resign Frolov.
notice it says Sharp along with Barker

Old
09-21-2009, 09:08 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
notice it says Sharp along with Barker
You sir are correct. Brain skippage.

Not sure whether I like Sharp or Versteeg more.

Old
09-21-2009, 09:13 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Sharp is a better fit for the Kings than Versteeg.

Old
09-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Sharp is a better fit for the Kings than Versteeg.
I just think he is very similar to Frolov in the first place, and if so, why trade for him? Frolov is a homegrown player, I would trade him for a younger player that fits with the core or a superstar, but Sharp is the same age as Frolov, has only broken 60 points once, has only broken 30 goals once, and has the same feel as Frolov just a little less puck control. The only benefit he has is two playoff years under his belt, but that doesn't seem enough to justify snuffing Frolov on a contract for no reason.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
09-21-2009, 10:00 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I just think he is very similar to Frolov in the first place, and if so, why trade for him? Frolov is a homegrown player, I would trade him for a younger player that fits with the core or a superstar, but Sharp is the same age as Frolov, has only broken 60 points once, has only broken 30 goals once, and has the same feel as Frolov just a little less puck control. The only benefit he has is two playoff years under his belt, but that doesn't seem enough to justify snuffing Frolov on a contract for no reason.
If as others believe Frolov could be on the move for reasons that are not just related to what we see on the ice, a trade of Frolov + ???? for Barker and Sharp would be a pretty good deal for the Kings.

I happen to believe that the ???? is Hickey. That would mean if all the speculation is true Chicago would be looking for the deal to be Frolov and Hickey for Barker and Versteeg. No way I would do that if I was Lombardi. If it's Hickey they want, it's Sharp we will take. The Kings might have to throw in a pick as well to make that deal, because Sharp has more value than Versteeg.

I think Barker is the player Dean is looking for though, he fits our needs.

Old
09-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If as others believe Frolov could be on the move for reasons that are not just related to what we see on the ice, a trade of Frolov + ???? for Barker and Sharp would be a pretty good deal for the Kings.

I happen to believe that the ???? is Hickey. That would mean if all the speculation is true Chicago would be looking for the deal to be Frolov and Hickey for Barker and Versteeg. No way I would do that if I was Lombardi. If it's Hickey they want, it's Sharp we will take. The Kings might have to throw in a pick as well to make that deal, because Sharp has more value than Versteeg.

I think Barker is the player Dean is looking for though, he fits our needs.
I like the idea of getting Barker, but I hate the price of Hickey. Obviously, as I stated earlier, I would rather offer Frolov a fair contract over acquiring Sharp, but if it had to go down, I wouldn't think that Sharp was a poor return, especially with Barker in the picture. Losing Hickey would certainly sting though, at that point I would rather leave things as they were and develop him through our system.

Old
09-21-2009, 10:42 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

i'd go for Fro, any spect D-man(except Hickey) and a 2nd for Barker and Versteeg.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:17 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

I just have to laugh at how untouchable Hickey is nowadays... my how folks have come a long way from "WHO??!!!!??" when DL drafted him.

Don't get married to players. I agree Hickey's probably a bit too high a price, but it's not that outlandish. If you're talking Barker AND Versteeg - Frolov ain't enough, and an upper-tier prospect is certainly a fair component of a trade for both of those guys.

- T

Old
09-22-2009, 12:23 AM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I just have to laugh at how untouchable Hickey is nowadays... my how folks have come a long way from "WHO??!!!!??" when DL drafted him.

Don't get married to players. I agree Hickey's probably a bit too high a price, but it's not that outlandish. If you're talking Barker AND Versteeg - Frolov ain't enough, and an upper-tier prospect is certainly a fair component of a trade for both of those guys.

- T
I don't think the price is too high so much that I think Lombardi won't trade Hickey.

I don't consider Hickey untouchable but I think DL does.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:24 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:

Don't get married to players. I agree Hickey's probably too high a price, but if you're talking Barker AND Versteeg - Frolov ain't enough, and an upper-tier prospect is certainly fair game.

- T
all things considered, including the circumstances surrounding WHY the Blackhawks would likely be compelled to even make this deal, it is FAR too high a price.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:30 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
all things considered, including the circumstances surrounding WHY the Blackhawks would likely be compelled to even make this deal, it is FAR too high a price.
It's a high price. "Far too high"? No.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Amazing that we are talking about a 5th and 8th round pick from the Hawks, no? Pisses me off. We could have picked those two up ourselves.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:34 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
It's a high price. "Far too high"? No.
everything else aside even, have you seen Hickey play yet?

it is far too high.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:36 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
I agree if it's Versteeg. If the Blackhawks have to get Hickey in this deal then Lombardi should be insisting on Sharp. We would have to throw in a pick, to even things out. We won't get Barker and Sharp for just a year of Frolov and a top prospect like Hickey.

What the hell do I know though. Lombardi is probably talking to Vancouver.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Amazing that we are talking about a 5th and 8th round pick from the Hawks, no? Pisses me off. We could have picked those two up ourselves.
Versteeg, yes, but are you talking about Barker? He went 3rd overall or something similar.

Now Duncan Keith in the 2nd round. There's my piss-off.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Versteeg, yes, but are you talking about Barker? He went 3rd overall or something similar.

Now Duncan Keith in the 2nd round. There's my piss-off.
Brainfart.

Who the **** was I thinking of?

Yeah, Keith hurts.

Old
09-22-2009, 12:55 AM
markisonfire

Most of the point of the trade I would think is that Chicago would let Frolov walk after this season, yet still be in a position to compete now. The D prospect they get will help them in a year or two, but not right now. I think Hickey is too high of an asking price when Chicago is looking to get rid of players to get out of cap trouble.

Old
09-22-2009, 03:15 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I don't think the price is too high so much that I think Lombardi won't trade Hickey.

I don't consider Hickey untouchable but I think DL does.
Agreed. I doubt that Dean trades Hickey, I bet he is more interested in dealing Teubert over Hickey, and I don't think he is really interested in trying to get rid of Teubert either. I would be willing to let Hickey go for the right price, but I can't help but think about the Doughty, Johnson, Hickey trio.

Old
09-22-2009, 03:29 AM
ru4reals

Just freakin resign Froloaf and be done with it. If you're gonna trade him then do it and get the season started already. Dang, it seems like it's taking forever to start. Gosh it's good to have hockey back.

Old
09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Agreed. I doubt that Dean trades Hickey, I bet he is more interested in dealing Teubert over Hickey, and I don't think he is really interested in trying to get rid of Teubert either. I would be willing to let Hickey go for the right price, but I can't help but think about the Doughty, Johnson, Hickey trio.
I'd have to believe Chicago is asking for either Hickey or Jack Johnson as part of that deal. If they want Teubert they can have him. You can have Barker now after he finally developed or you can have Teubert in 2-3 years IF he ever develops. That kind of scenario comes down to how long Dean Lombardi has a job with the Kings and right now he won't be here in 2-3 years. And I haven't seen anybody project Teubert as a 40 point scoring PP QB on D which is exactly what the Kings need right now.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Dang, it seems like it's taking forever to start. Gosh it's good to have hockey back.
When I read this I couldn't help but hear Napoleon Dynamite's voice saying it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
When I read this I couldn't help but hear Napoleon Dynamite's voice saying it.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're not the only one.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:50 AM
jimmy1100

My opinions-

1) DO NOT TRADE FROLOV. Re-sign him.
2) If Frolov is getting dealt, the D-man included better not be named Johnson or Hickey AND I better be hearing Patrick Sharp's name over Kris Versteeg coming with Cam Barker

Old
09-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Youngblood93

Question

Why does it seem that most Kings fans think Frolov is God? So many fans are against trading him, what has he really done? IMO he hasn't lived up to expectations. He's a very solid LW but goes missing for stretches. I like Frolov but if trading him makes the Kings a playoff team then it must be done. Do you really want him eating 4-6 million of cap space? I don't. I'd rather use that money for young players that need to be resigned or a proven top LW.

Old
09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Why does it seem that most Kings fans think Frolov is God? So many fans are against trading him, what has he really done? IMO he hasn't lived up to expectations. He's a very solid LW but goes missing for stretches. I like Frolov but if trading him makes the Kings a playoff team then it must be done. Do you really want him eating 4-6 million of cap space? I don't. I'd rather use that money for young players that need to be resigned or a proven top LW.
He is a proven top LW, unless you are referring to a superstar, but Frolov is a top line LW. He has the Kings tattooed on his butt, is the longest tenured Kings draftee currently on the team, his puck possession skills are highly valuable in the playoffs, he is defensively responsible, and he has signed a long term discount contract with us before. He is still one of the leading producers on the team year in and out. Of course if there was some deal that would improve the team then you do it, but so far I haven't found a rumor that fully accomplishes that. Barker and Sharp are a decent return, but I can't envision Lombardi trading Hickey or a top tier defensive prospect along with Frolov in that deal, we will see...

Closed Thread