HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Idocy in Ottawa (non flame)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2004, 10:31 PM
  #76
TexSen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
You have to have an inferiority complex to work in radio to begin with (so says the graduate of the Algonquin College Broadcasting course).

TexSen is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 12:01 AM
  #77
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_TheGreat
Senators Fans and and Ownership have no class, I see it every day here. Thank good the Leafs are in town on the 3rd, I hope they kill the sens.
I realize that I'm probably one the the Sens fans with "No class"...but how exactly does the ownership have no class?

SensGod is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 02:36 AM
  #78
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,903
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml4life
We should make a road trip to Ottawa!


I would if i wasn't so swamped with school work at the moment... heck i lived in ottawa for three years while at school. I've encounter the SensGod vs. Skumm battles in person, hf is losing out on the entertainment value!!! GO SKUMM GO!!!

Porn* is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 02:37 AM
  #79
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,903
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
I realize that I'm probably one the the Sens fans with "No class"...but how exactly does the ownership have no class?
well... you are out of school wise guy

though the hate is strong in you my padwan... i see some light and could be persuaded to come to the light side....

your in my good books... you like many things that i like... beer, ladies and hockey witha side of beer.

Porn* is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 08:14 AM
  #80
SensGod
Registered User
 
SensGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Scotia Bank Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn*

your in my good books... you like many things that i like... beer, ladies and hockey witha side of beer.
Side? SIDE? SIDE? SIDE of BEER?

OH jesus...it's time for you to move back to Ottawa...your lessons have obviously gone by the way side and you have forgotten everything I taught you...

LOL...and you had the audactiy to call me "padawan"...my padawan.

SensGod is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 08:26 AM
  #81
SkuMM
Registered User
 
SkuMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hiding my shame.
Country: Canada
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSational
Bill Waters is also a leaf fan and so is Ron Mcleanenann and Bob Cole and Harry Neale and Don Cherry
Awwww Muffin. go back to yer whiny Sens board....

SkuMM is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 08:52 AM
  #82
Newfie Chick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
You are aware what they did is against the law? I'm sorry if media provoking someone to commit a illegal offense is not important enough to mention, comment or critize someone for in your eyes.
I live in Ottawa. I am a Sens fan. I do NOT condone idiots pulling over on the side of the busiest highway in Ottawa, to pull out a ladder and steal a Leafs flag.
BUT...to blame that on media prevocation???? That's the same lame excuse as murder because you listen to Metallica, or play video games, or watch violent movies. There are a very small few weak-minded individuals who may have taken the Team 1200's hints at removing the flag as a "challenge", or a "calling from God" or whatever goes thru the weakminded people of any society. However, please don't blame this on the media, or hold it against us Sens fans who have better things to do then hate the Leafs


Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
We need a Leafs Fan to hack their site and plaster it with Leaf stuff. Any takers?
I guess if someone does hack the the Sens site and plasters it with Leaf stuff, youre going to be to blame for it cause you provoked them

Newfie Chick is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 09:01 AM
  #83
SkuMM
Registered User
 
SkuMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hiding my shame.
Country: Canada
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Chick
I live in Ottawa. I am a Sens fan. I do NOT condone idiots pulling over on the side of the busiest highway in Ottawa, to pull out a ladder and steal a Leafs flag.
BUT...to blame that on media prevocation???? That's the same lame excuse as murder because you listen to Metallica, or play video games, or watch violent movies. There are a very small few weak-minded individuals who may have taken the Team 1200's hints at removing the flag as a "challenge", or a "calling from God" or whatever goes thru the weakminded people of any society. However, please don't blame this on the media, or hold it against us Sens fans who have better things to do then hate the Leafs




I guess if someone does hack the the Sens site and plasters it with Leaf stuff, youre going to be to blame for it cause you provoked them
Ok... Lets get this STRAIGHT.

The team 1200 almost BEGGED for someone to go steal it. I was listening when they did it. They said, laughing as they did so, "Well I wouldn't want to condone any criminal activity, BUT...."

Tell me it's not the media's fault again?

SkuMM is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 09:04 AM
  #84
Newfie Chick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuMM
Ok... Lets get this STRAIGHT.

The team 1200 almost BEGGED for someone to go steal it. I was listening when they did it. They said, laughing as they did so, "Well I wouldn't want to condone any criminal activity, BUT...."

Tell me it's not the media's fault again?

Do you go out and do everything the media tells you to do?????
Most strong minded people don't

Newfie Chick is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 09:10 AM
  #85
SkuMM
Registered User
 
SkuMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hiding my shame.
Country: Canada
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Chick
Do you go out and do everything the media tells you to do?????
Most strong minded people don't
\Of course not. Thats because I've been told i have a head on my shoulders. DO you not agree though that it is the responsibility of the media not to put stupid idea's into peoples heads? People of weaker mental prowess than say you or I love to follow whatever they hear on the tube or radio. JACKASS = case in point. People kicking eack other in the head or stapling their scrotum to their leg.... now every idiot out there with a camera and a stable gun is doing it. I have always believed that the media has to take responsibility for what they boradcast. People do (because they are idiots) as the media tells them. They consume because they are told to consume. They steal flags from the queensway because they were led to believe that it was a "good idea". See where I am going with this?

SkuMM is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 09:18 AM
  #86
Newfie Chick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuMM
\Of course not. Thats because I've been told i have a head on my shoulders. DO you not agree though that it is the responsibility of the media not to put stupid idea's into peoples heads? People of weaker mental prowess than say you or I love to follow whatever they hear on the tube or radio. JACKASS = case in point. People kicking eack other in the head or stapling their scrotum to their leg.... now every idiot out there with a camera and a stable gun is doing it. I have always believed that the media has to take responsibility for what they boradcast. People do (because they are idiots) as the media tells them. They consume because they are told to consume. They steal flags from the queensway because they were led to believe that it was a "good idea". See where I am going with this?
Jackass is nature's way of weeding out the weaker of the species - natural selection. If you staple your scrotum to your leg, we don't want you reproducing.

I agree that the media has to take some responsiblity for what they broadcast, but you can't put all the blame on the media, the same way that you can't blame all Sens fans for 1 fan's stupid idea.
People have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Newfie Chick is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 12:08 PM
  #87
Lobstertainment
Registered User
 
Lobstertainment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Chick
Do you go out and do everything the media tells you to do?????
Most strong minded people don't
I guess Sens Fans don't fall into that catagory then otherwise they would have stolen the flag and...oh wait.

Lobstertainment is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 12:32 PM
  #88
Newfie Chick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
I guess Sens Fans don't fall into that catagory then otherwise they would have stolen the flag and...oh wait.
If you had read the next post, you would have seen the following...
"you can't blame all Sens fans for 1 fan's stupid idea"

Do you think all the Sens fans in Ottawa got together and decided to steal this guy's flag? It's a big conspiracy!

Newfie Chick is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 12:34 PM
  #89
Lobstertainment
Registered User
 
Lobstertainment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Chick
If you had read the next post, you would have seen the following...
"you can't blame all Sens fans for 1 fan's stupid idea"
it was a Joke, that's what I do I make jokes.

But now you've gone and hurt my fealings and I must go on a Rampage through Tokyo Godzilla style.

Lobstertainment is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 12:53 PM
  #90
Newfie Chick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
it was a Joke, that's what I do I make jokes.

But now you've gone and hurt my fealings and I must go on a Rampage through Tokyo Godzilla style.

Sorry, I'm new here - didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Please don't go all Godzilla on Tokyo.

Newfie Chick is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 01:35 PM
  #91
SumOfUs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kanata Lakes
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
What's funnier than what Team1200 is actually doing is the fact that this little gesture has all of Leaf Nation upset, whining and complaining again. Apparently the fan 590 or whatever in TO was talking about this flag incident for over an hour this morning after some little ***** with nothing better to do heard about the incident on his rivals radio station and called in to report it. As an Ottawa fan, I can tell you that No one here gives a crap about what happens it Toronto and what your radio station says. We have an inferiority complex? The fact that you guys made this thread is extremely ironic.

SumOfUs is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 02:47 PM
  #92
Sil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sil Send a message via MSN to Sil
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumOfUs
What's funnier than what Team1200 is actually doing is the fact that this little gesture has all of Leaf Nation upset, whining and complaining again. Apparently the fan 590 or whatever in TO was talking about this flag incident for over an hour this morning after some little ***** with nothing better to do heard about the incident on his rivals radio station and called in to report it. As an Ottawa fan, I can tell you that No one here gives a crap about what happens it Toronto and what your radio station says. We have an inferiority complex? The fact that you guys made this thread is extremely ironic.
It's not under discussion because it really has us angry and up in arms. It's just under discussion because all the anti-Leafs garbage is such embarrassingly dumb stuff for radio stations/city councillors/vandals in Ottawa to be pulling.

Personally, I think any radio station petty enough to undertake an official 'Leafs Suck' campaign has pretty much made its own statement as to its credibility, but the manner in which they choose to embarrass themselves is no skin off my nose. The Fan 590 and Mojo 640, the 2 Leafs stations in Toronto, have absolutely no problem acknowledging that Ottawa has a great, talented hockey team while also saying that they don't like them as rivals and make both points known regularly, but the Ottawa station seems to have real problems admitting the same about a team filled with captains and future Hall-of-Famers. That's called foolish arrogance. And if New Jersey did it, it would be one thing, they're 3-0 against us in the playoffs lately. They've earned the right. Ottawa is 0-3, their latest failure being against half the St. John's Maple Leafs, it's just plain funny to watch them them do it.

Whatever. Let's hear the same "This isn't the same Ottawa team" line that we hear every post-season and have at it.

Sil is offline  
Old
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
  #93
King of Kelvington
Registered User
 
King of Kelvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
This is hilarious, i cant believe a radio station is trying to cater to leaf haters instead of appealing to real Senators fans? This is so Ottawa like...

King of Kelvington is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.