HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Corban Knight - Calgary Flames property (2009, 135th overall, Florida)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
  #1
Ohio Jones
Game on...
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
C Corban Knight - Calgary Flames property (2009, 135th overall, Florida)

Anyone get a good look at Knight in the AJHL with Okotoks this year?

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 02:38 PM
  #2
azsioux
Registered User
 
azsioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
didnt get a good look at him playing wise personally but he had a hell of a year and will be going back to AJHL then North Dakota the following season. sounds like he did great in many of the tests overall at the combine being in the top 10 of a few. cant wait to see him at UND in 2010 and he may have moved up the most of anyone in this draft not being ranked last year on any lists to a potential 2-4 round guy.

azsioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 11:35 PM
  #3
Ohio Jones
Game on...
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsioux View Post
didnt get a good look at him playing wise personally but he had a hell of a year and will be going back to AJHL then North Dakota the following season. sounds like he did great in many of the tests overall at the combine being in the top 10 of a few. cant wait to see him at UND in 2010 and he may have moved up the most of anyone in this draft not being ranked last year on any lists to a potential 2-4 round guy.
Thanks very much for the response. He's certainly someone I'm considering in the middle rounds. Anyone get a chance to see him live?

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 11:45 PM
  #4
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
I saw a bit of AJHL hockey this year (a bit in comparison to the piles of Dub hockey) and I just never came away impressed with Knight. I may have just got him on the wrong nights.

However, it seemed like he had just enough natural talent to dominate at the Tier II level, but not the hockey sense to be much more. He would do all sorts of fancy stuff in the slot because he had the skill and size to control the puck at will, but he'd lose it without generating a scoring chance. Again, I will fully admit it's not the first endorsement I'd take if I were you. But it's something. He did really well at the Combine.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
  #5
Ohio Jones
Game on...
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I saw a bit of AJHL hockey this year (a bit in comparison to the piles of Dub hockey) and I just never came away impressed with Knight. I may have just got him on the wrong nights.

However, it seemed like he had just enough natural talent to dominate at the Tier II level, but not the hockey sense to be much more. He would do all sorts of fancy stuff in the slot because he had the skill and size to control the puck at will, but he'd lose it without generating a scoring chance. Again, I will fully admit it's not the first endorsement I'd take if I were you. But it's something. He did really well at the Combine.
Cheers. In the absence of other information, it at least helps provide context for why someone like him would be rated so much farther down the board by most services... far enough that they don't bother explaining why.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:31 PM
  #6
Skinnyjimmy08
WorldTraveler
 
Skinnyjimmy08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,875
vCash: 500
Corban Knight

Saw that Flames just traded for him. Looked as tho he had a pretty impressive NCAA career... does anyone know much about him? comparisons?

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  #7
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
compared himself to e.staal back in '09 when he was drafted

big, two way center with good vision, going to be a good bottom 6 center

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:16 PM
  #8
DrSTaN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Corban Knight

Whats this guys potential, is he going to be a top 6 or bottom 6?

Just looking for some insight into his potential.

DrSTaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
  #9
F l a m e s
#winitforgio
 
F l a m e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 50
I think he will be a good 3rd line C. He should get a few looks with the big team this year (call-ups)

Just developing in Abby this year.

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:03 PM
  #10
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?
 
100 Third Graders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,458
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSTaN View Post
Whats this guys potential, is he going to be a top 6 or bottom 6?

Just looking for some insight into his potential.
Middle 6 IMO. I think his high end is an average 2nd line two-way centre. I think he will most likely end up being a good 3rd line two-way centre. I think the difference between him being a #2 and a #3 will be determined by how much he improves his footspeed and skating.

He has been playing well in Abbotsford so far this year, playing in all situation and doing well in each of the zones.

100 Third Graders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:54 PM
  #11
jarome
Registered User
 
jarome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Personally think he will be a well rounded, great 3rd liner that does everything right.

Really good at Face-offs, dependable, and has high hockey IQ. He won't blow you away or anything, but you won't be throwing **** at your TV screen cause he's doing something stupid either.

jarome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
  #12
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
3rd liner/4th liner.

I've never been High on Knight and i honestly doubt he becomes an NHL'r but w/e

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  #13
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Wins draws.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.