HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Recall Pair

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 04:31 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Recall Pair

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1175

Nycholat and Valliquette both called up. I was hoping for Grenier since we got games against Flyers, Devils and Caps coming up. But this is not a bad move. I think Nycholat can help, maybe more relaxed since no pressure and u never know he might get his first point tomorrow.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Why is Valiquette up? And who will back-up in Hartford tonight? Is Osear back already?

Old
03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Dunham was shaken up last night by a Slap Shot he took near the head, might have something to do with it.

Old
03-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Janerixon

I know im the only one but i like nycholat alot, he has good wheels, he makes a good outlet pass, has a decent shot but shots low for deflections on the PP, and isnt flawed defensively (ie poti)

he may be a bit older (in prospect terms, 24?) and not that big, but he is willing to actually fight and stick up for teamates and himself, i think if he gets a fair shot in camp next year he can defintely be our #7 guy

i just hope he has a good game tommorrow

as for lampman, i have a feeling he was sent down to get more icetime and not to ruin his confidence which may be a bit down since he wasnt as strong in his last 2 outings as his previous ones

regardless im very happy with the kids we have for our defense, signing liffiton should be a priority but with
tyutin
kondratiev
rachunek
kasper
lampman
pock
nycholat
possibly mironov will return
we have some young hungry guys with 2 vets to teach and play mean hockey

notice poti isnt listed, i think the signing of pock, a player who was signed for his offensive game and will most likely be a better defensive player than poti if developed properly, signals poti could be moved (even though id keep him)

also the fact umberger still isnt signed at all and we are focusing elsewhere, i wouldnt be shocked if sather is going to take the pick and moved alot of these 2nds with say a poti or a lundmark or our other 1st to move up or just try and get 2 top ten picks

sather is clearly planning, im just not sure where he wants to go

i wonder if he would even try and deal umberger's rights to pitt with cash in a larger deal soon? just food for thought

Old
03-26-2004, 10:02 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Why is Valiquette up? And who will back-up in Hartford tonight? Is Osear back already?
well u must not know about valiquette then , he is 26 and always posted good numbers in the nhl games he wass in maybe like 10 or so but even in ahl he put up good #'s give him a shot you never know what he can turn out to be he deserves a shot and in all honesty wouldnt mind seeing him up with nyr next year i think he can be real good even when he was with nyi i liked him

Closed Thread