HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zubrus, Clarkson, Tedenby, 2010 1st

Old
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD-devil950003 View Post
IMO Pronger is the exact D-man the Devils need. He would automatically make this defense ten times better. Ducks might need to package a conditional 2nd or 3rd just for the shear fact that Pronger might not sign here when he reaches UFA status. He is UFA after this coming season right?
Yes he is, and that's why this package for Pronger would be absurd overpayment. And of course we must take into account what Mrs Pronger thinks of all this. No thank you, Captain Elbows can stay where he is.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 05:34 PM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but Lou has been making mistakes lately. Zubrus and Pandolfo leap to mind, and maybe Salvador as well. We'd still be complaining about Vishnevski too if he hadn't gone to Russia. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on White, at the time the contract was reasonable even if it looks bad now. Rolston... we'll see.
I agree that Pando and Zubie are overpaid. Pando moreso though, 2.5 for a completely one dimensional player is rediculous. Zubrus however, i dont have that big a problem with the dollar amount of his contract, just the length.

Pando isnt worth more than 1mil
Zubrus is worth around 3mil or so
Rolston isnt worth 5mil, more like 3.5 or 4mil

ADD-devil950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Ace88*

Tell you what. Take out Zubrus, change the 1st to '09, and you can have Kaberle and a 4th '10.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Our main problems are that we dont a true center that would be able to pony up the production that a 2nd line center should, also we are REALLY lacking on D. Stajan would be great imo, at 25 years old and having decent size, he looks to be turning a corner in his career. Would a Clarkson, and '10 1st for Stajan work?
HELL YES.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
HELL YES.

Haha a little too late, someone else has informed me that the 2010 first would be enough.

Old
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
JorgeRocks!

Did not read 2010 first, first time around ha ha

Flames could send

Langkow, Wahl, James Vandermeer...and we would want Brent Sutter to!

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 07:17 PM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
Did not read 2010 first, first time around ha ha

Flames could send

Langkow, Wahl, James Vandermeer...and we would want Brent Sutter to!

haha ok then....

How about Lou's permission for Brent to coach in Calgary, Clarkson, Corrente and 2010 first for Phaneuf

Old
06-17-2009, 07:21 PM
JorgeRocks!

Phaneuf is not going anywhere man....I hope....

Add in the rights to Oduya and Clemmenson, and you got a dealeo from my POV

Old
06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
ADD-devil950003

To Calgary:

Rights to Sutter
Clarkson
Corrente
Rights to Clemmer
2010 1st
2009 3rd

To New Jersey:

Phaneuf

(sorry i cant bring myself to trade Oduya's right, it would completely go against my avatar! haha)

Old
06-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Crimson Devil*

You guys do realize that even if you make a proposal that everybody likes, the chances of it happening are practically non-existent?

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
JorgeRocks!

Of course we do!

Old
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Crimson Devil*

Iunno. Just seems silly to get your hopes up like that.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
Iunno. Just seems silly to get your hopes up like that.

CD stop being a fun sponge, just because i want to be Lou doesnt mean I actually think I am him.....hahaha

Old
06-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
CD stop being a fun sponge, just because i want to be Lou doesnt mean I actually think I am him.....hahaha
Besides, half the fun is feeling smarter than the GMs when they inevitably do something else.

With regards to that trade, there's nothing wrong with throwing Oduya's rights in there too. With Phaneuf's cap hit being what it is, and no significant salary going back, we wouldn't be able to resign Oduya anyway.

Old
06-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Tyler Myers

kaberle + stajan + a pick? we could take pandalfo too

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Rugs by Resch

Quote:
A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but Lou has been making mistakes lately. Zubrus and Pandolfo leap to mind, and maybe Salvador as well. We'd still be complaining about Vishnevski too if he hadn't gone to Russia. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on White, at the time the contract was reasonable even if it looks bad now. Rolston... we'll see.
I agree they are bad contracts but by no means are they rediculous. They are 2.5-5 mil for average players. Would it be easier to put a role player on your team that gets paid around 3 mil or gomez for 8 mil

Rugs by Resch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:52 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
We'd still be complaining about Vishnevski too if he hadn't gone to Russia. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on White, at the time the contract was reasonable even if it looks bad now.
Two things:
1. Vishnevski wasn't really a bad signing.
If nothing else, the fact that he was in Russia allowed him to help convince Vasayunov to come over a little earlier. There was an article where Vas mentioned how Vishnevski told him about how good of an organization NJ was to play for and helped give him a nudge over here. That kind of thing is good for NJ, and it gets even better if he keeps it up with other Russian prospects.

2. While I still believe Lou is the Higgs boson I don't think he can see ahead in time (yet, but I'm sure he's working on it ). The fact that White got his eye busted made that contract bad. He was on track to be pretty good and that contract would have looked pretty awesome if Whitey were to keep getting better. Now he's just a solid 3-4 guy, which still isn't terrible.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Two things:
1. Vishnevski wasn't really a bad signing.
If nothing else, the fact that he was in Russia allowed him to help convince Vasayunov to come over a little earlier. There was an article where Vas mentioned how Vishnevski told him about how good of an organization NJ was to play for and helped give him a nudge over here. That kind of thing is good for NJ, and it gets even better if he keeps it up with other Russian prospects.

2. While I still believe Lou is the Higgs boson I don't think he can see ahead in time (yet, but I'm sure he's working on it ). The fact that White got his eye busted made that contract bad. He was on track to be pretty good and that contract would have looked pretty awesome if Whitey were to keep getting better. Now he's just a solid 3-4 guy, which still isn't terrible.
I know Vishnevski wasn't paid a ridiculous amount, but he straight up wasn't a good defenceman. He was a big hitter but always took himself out of position at bad times. Besides his size, I can't think of any redeeming qualities to his game. Waste of money, even if it wasn't that much. I didn't know he helped Vasyunov decide to come to North America though, that does help my opinion of him somewhat.

And regarding White, that's what I was talking about. That would be a great contract if White was healthy and still playing like he used to. But unfortunately he only has one eye now, and his contract has become unmovable, even if he didn't have a NTC.

Lou has far less flexibility than he has had before due to some errors in free agency, and that is what bothers me. The majority of our UFA signings have given us nothing useful, but have handcuffed up cap-wise. I suppose that is true for most GMs though.

Old
06-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Cool Hand Luke

Kaberle + Stajan

for

Clarkson
Cormier
1st 2009
2nd 2009
Rights to Oduya