HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Los Angeles

Old
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Dick Whitman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
Who said 7.5 for Heatly is a bad contract? Oh if you think Kopitar has a bad contract you need to watch him a lot more
It's a general argument heard in this thread and many other heatley threads. I didn't mean to imply you were saying that. My apologies.

I think 7million is the going rate for stud centremen. That's what Spezza signed for and I'm not at all disappointed with that contract. I've only see Kopitar play a few times in his career so I'm not really in a position to comment one way or another on his contract.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Sounds reasonable enough, unless he just wants Heatley gone. I doubt he gets traded and if he does it's not to L.A.
I think it's more and more likely that it'll be the Oilers. They're dying to get a stud forward and supposedly Heatley said he'd play there. No team is more desperate for star power than the Oilers.

With that said, if I were the Kings and I could move a guy 1 year away from free agency and the #5 pick for Heatley, I'd do it. On the flip side however, I'd want more assurances if I'm Murray that I'll have something to show from a Heatley deal in 2-3 seasons from now.

Old
06-18-2009, 12:29 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Alright, so if you believe that then you'll all also have to believe that he'll hold on to Heatley if he doesn't get a deal he likes. Can't have it both ways. Also, this is a general comment and not directed specifically at the original poster of this quote.
You do realize Heatley can sit out if he doesn't get traded? I mean he demanded a trade - in translation this means he wants out of the organization.

Now please remind me what kind of return players that demanded a trade got?

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
You do realize Heatley can sit out if he doesn't get traded? I mean he demanded a trade - in translation this means he wants out of the organization.

Now please remind me what kind of return players that demanded a trade got?
Then he doesn't get paid and his 7.5 comes off Ottawa's cap.

Heatley for Hossa

Yashin for #2(Spezza), Chara

Joe Corvo (and patrick eaves) for Mike Commodore and Cory Stillman

Those are just the ones Ottawa's been involved in.

Then there was Pronger for 2 1st round picks, Lupul and Smid and a 2nd rounder I believe.

Clearly the return isn't nearly as bad as people would have you believe.

Old
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Then he doesn't get paid and his 7.5 comes off Ottawa's cap.

Heatley for Hossa

Yashin for #2(Spezza), Chara

Joe Corvo (and patrick eaves) for Mike Commodore and Cory Stillman

Those are just the ones Ottawa's been involved in.

Then there was Pronger for 2 1st round picks, Lupul and Smid and a 2nd rounder I believe.

Clearly the return isn't nearly as bad as people would have you believe.
Wouldn't that (sit out) be even worse from a sens standpoint?
Oh and the Yashin trade = GM Mike Milbury

But I agree with your previous post that the Oilers seem to be desperate searching for a goalscorer so they might offer quite some package.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
Wouldn't that (sit out) be even worse from a sens standpoint?
Oh and the Yashin trade = GM Mike Milbury

But I agree with your previous post that the Oilers seem to be desperate searching for a goalscorer so they might offer quite some package.
Realistically, sitting out isn't an option for Dany Heatley. He sits out and he doesn't go to the Olympics. He sits out and he loses out on 7.5million dollars (You can be sure that Ottawa would go after him for the 4million dollar advance on July 1 if he doesn't suit up).

Heatley may be a suck, may be a head case but he does love to play hockey. There is absolutely no denying that. Worst case scenario, he showcases his talents until the trade deadline and probably gets moved then.

Old
06-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumjoo Wang View Post
I cannot believe how many times I hear this stupid argument. I guess we'll have to wait until after July 1st when Gaborik and Hossa sign for >7.5M a year (and they've accomplished less than Heatley), because 7.5M/year for a 50 goal scorer is below market value. At least 30 NHL GMs understand this.
You are going to keep on reading it because it is the truth. A 50 goal scorer that has requested a trade, despite having a NTC, because he doesn't like the coach.

We're not talking about 30 gm's are we? We're talking about a handful of teams that Heater would waive his NTC for. Teams that will not overpay to get Heater & his 7.5 cap hit. That's the reality.

For the 1,000,000 time, DL covets centers, not wingers. He will not pay Hossa, Gaborik or any other winger that is not named Ovechkin 7 mil. He will pay that amount for a center.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
You are going to keep on reading it because it is the truth. A 50 goal scorer that has requested a trade, despite having a NTC, because he doesn't like the coach.

We're not talking about 30 gm's are we? We're talking about a handful of teams that Heater would waive his NTC for. Teams that will not overpay to get Heater & his 7.5 cap hit. That's the reality.

For the 1,000,000 time, DL covets centers, not wingers. He will not pay Hossa, Gaborik or any other winger that is not named Ovechkin 7 mil. He will pay that amount for a center.
What is an overpayment for a top 10 winger in hockey, signed long term who is a multi 50 goal scorer entering his prime?

Old
06-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
What is an overpayment for a top 10 winger in hockey, signed long term who is a multi 50 goal scorer entering his prime?
his prime is 39 Goals ?????
he it 50 Goals 2 times.... everything else is underneath...

To much for 7.5 Millions....

please ask the Rangers

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
his prime is 39 Goals ?????
he it 50 Goals 2 times.... everything else is underneath...

To much for 7.5 Millions....

please ask the Rangers
Example #1 of what I was talking about earlier.

Old
06-18-2009, 02:39 PM
AdmiralSens

Quote:

Doesn't he already have a 7mil centre? Does he want two?

AdmiralSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
I'm not doubting his ability. He's elite. All I'm saying is, in the cap era, 7.5 mil is a lot for teams to take on.

And.... DL will not pay 7.5 mil or tie up 7.5 mil of cap space on wingers. Centers, yes.

Old
06-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
I'm not doubting his ability. He's elite. All I'm saying is, in the cap era, 7.5 mil is a lot for teams to take on.

And.... DL will not pay 7.5 mil or tie up 7.5 mil of cap space on wingers. Centers, yes.
Fair enough. I don't necessarily agree with you that 14million dollars for 2 centremen is the best idea either but I get what you're saying.

Old
06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSens View Post
Doesn't he already have a 7mil centre? Does he want two?
Yes. the kings have the cap space to add an elite 1a/1b center. They are ready to make such a move.

Old
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Fair enough. I don't necessarily agree with you that 14million dollars for 2 centremen is the best idea either but I get what you're saying.
Look at the Pens. They do it & they just won a Cup.

The kings are sitting at 17-18 mil under the cap. Of course that is without jj being signed.

Old
06-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Look at the Pens. They do it & they just won a Cup.

The kings are sitting at 17-18 mil under the cap. Of course that is without jj being signed.
There is a big list of stanley cup champions with 2 elite centremen but that generally happened before the cap era.

Richard and Lecavalier, I guess but they weren't signed to 7million dollar contracts.

Malkin and Sid, I think you'd agree are more the exception than the rule. But again, I see what you're saying. You always try to build your team like the champions.