HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rights to Justin Pogge

Old
06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Liminality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
At this point it's safe to say Pogge is a bust. When Burke goes out and picks up Martin Gerber so he can play over you, that's when you know you suck.

With that said, some team looking for a cheap serviceable backup might offer a mid round pick for him.
He's very close to being a bust but isn't one yet. He's 23 years old still and has a couple years left to show what he can do. Add that Allaire might be able to jump start his development and he could be back on track in no time. I won't hold my breathe for that to happen though.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
At this point it's safe to say Pogge is a bust. When Burke goes out and picks up Martin Gerber so he can play over you, that's when you know you suck.

With that said, some team looking for a cheap serviceable backup might offer a mid round pick for him.
He is close to being a bust. If he isn't retained by Leafs than he is bust for Leafs, if he stays, bad-average year next season means he is bust.

And i doubt any team would want him as a backup right now, he had like 2 good games i can remember. There are other fa goalies that could play as backup. Gerber is a much safer bet than Pogge as a backup goalie. At least you can expect .900 save % goaltending.

I hope he gets 1 year contract. Having new goalie coach can't hurt when you are that close to being a bust.

suprvilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
He is close to being a bust. If he isn't retained by Leafs than he is bust for Leafs, if he stays, bad-average year next season means he is bust.

And i doubt any team would want him as a backup right now, he had like 2 good games i can remember. There are other fa goalies that could play as backup. Gerber is a much safer bet than Pogge as a backup goalie. At least you can expect .900 save % goaltending.

I hope he gets 1 year contract. Having new goalie coach can't hurt when you are that close to being a bust.
I think he's a little young for the "bust" label. If I'm a GM looking to acquire Pogge I'd be planning on having him play in the AHL for at least one more year. During Junior's reign the Leafs knew jack about running a development team and the organization suffered. A new organization and some decent coaching could do wonders for the kid.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
vecens24

Since my initial post got taken off the thread, I'll just say the rights to Pogge are worth nothing.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Pogge is worthless right now. He wasn't even impressive in the AHL. From the leafs point of view, makes more sense for them to just hold on to him. Why just throw him out for nothing?
Exactly, Pogge isn't worth the cost it takes the Marlies to print his name on his jersey.

Plus, we here in Toronto love to toss away our prospect goalies... aka..Rask

That all being said, i think Pogge with time could (and its a big could) develop into a decent NHL goalie...maybe someone comparable too Biron.

Also: The guy who starts these threads should having his account locked...i'm positive its a troll account.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:31 PM
JesusPrice

Its funny to see how all the Leafs fans are ******** on Pogge now when everyone last season was so high on him being great. I still think he has some good qualities but he needs to gain the most important thing to a goalie, confidence. Its hard when you play for the Leafs or Habs (Like Price last season), the pressure can really get to you if your a goalie. I think that a team that has a vet goalie who can teach him the do's and dont's could really help him alot. He needs a guy like Turco or Osgood to show him the ropes. He's at an all time low so why not throw a pick the leafs way to see if he can be something, which Im pretty sure he can. If the habs didnt have Halek as well id trade for him.

JesusPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusPrice View Post
Its funny to see how all the Leafs fans are ******** on Pogge now when everyone last season was so high on him being great. I still think he has some good qualities but he needs to gain the most important thing to a goalie, confidence. Its hard when you play for the Leafs or Habs (Like Price last season), the pressure can really get to you if your a goalie. I think that a team that has a vet goalie who can teach him the do's and dont's could really help him alot. He needs a guy like Turco or Osgood to show him the ropes. He's at an all time low so why not throw a pick the leafs way to see if he can be something, which Im pretty sure he can. If the habs didnt have Halek as well id trade for him.
What would be better for Pogge - A year backing up a veteran goalie in the NHL or another chance to play some huge minutes in the "A"? A number of folks seem to think that riding the pine would be his next step and I really wonder if that would really help or hinder him at this point.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Frankie Spankie

I wouldn't mind trading a late round pick for Pogge. Imagine bringing him to Boston and seeing him do well and in a couple of years watching how angry Toronto would be with a Rask/Pogge goalie duo against them.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:18 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Haul20 View Post
Doesn't look like he will be a Leaf next season with MONSTER likely on the way. So what is his value?
He has no value, he hasn't performed well at the AHL level and was brutal well atrocious in the NHL when he had his chances. Someone might deal their problem for him if a trade did happen.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote