HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribs needs to get back to basics!

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Ribs needs to get back to basics!

First off, this thread has NOTHING to do with the current loosing streak. In fact i even mentioned the habs would loose a few. Anyways does anybody else think Ribs is starting to get a little to fancy the last 5 games or so, because i do? When he kept things simple he was producing, but lately he has been trying to stick handle through everybody, something he was doing a little bit to much before his benching early in the season.

Ribs can be very effective, but needs to learn to keep things simple. Maybe Kovalev has had an infleunce on him? Maybe Ribs is trying to compete with Kovo in terms of stickhandeling, i dont know, im just throwing out theroies.What ever it is, i hope CJ does something about this, because if he tries to do this in the playoffs, were gona get murdered, badly.

Thoughts?

Old
03-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally posted by Mooch
In fact i even mentioned the habs would loose a few.
Well I think it is safe to say we all knew that :p

I think Ribs has carried the puck with him quite a bit all year, thats his game if you ask me, and he's damn well good at it.

Anyone notice that zednifer(in ottawa game)was trying to carry the puck up the right side and never got through, that was frustrating to watch :mad:

Old
03-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Rahan

Couldn't agree more.
Ribeiro either tries to stickhandle throughout everybody or doesn't try, and that's what I hate. He didn't do his job the last 5 games as you said, he was a complete non-factor and if you count the number of times he sucessfully got his line into the offensive zone versus the numbers of turnovers he caused, there's a huge gap between the two (favorable to the turnovers of course.).
I hope he will get back to basics as you mentionned and step it up a bit.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Mooch

Its fine to carry the puck, espicially if you got the skill, but trying to go thorugh the whole team is just wrong is what im trying to say!

As for Zednik, yeah hes gota think of some new moves. He often gets caught, because the defenders know where he is going, Outside.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
As for Zednik, yeah hes gota think of some new moves. He often gets caught, because the defenders know where he is going, Outside.
Well, maybe Zednik always tries the same move, but at least it doesn't cause turnovers. We are also often able to keep the puck in their zone even if he gets blocked, so we can't compare the two.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Mooch

Yes your right. Zednik often losses the puck on the boards deep in the opposing zone, where as ribs usually losses the puck at the blue line or centre ice. These are the zones that can mean big trouble if you mess around with the puck there.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:30 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Its fine to carry the puck, espicially if you got the skill, but trying to go thorugh the whole team is just wrong is what im trying to say!

I agree Zed does do the same moves all the time, but I will quote my high school football coach over here; "Who cares if they know were running on the outside all the time, they can't stop it anyways, so we gonna keep on doing it"

And most of the time it works for Zednik, so he sould keep on doing it until he's constantly stopped.

P.S. We won the Bol D'or that year, and our running-back got over 300 yards in the final with outside runs, so I guess my coach was right

Old
03-26-2004, 11:45 PM
HF-Addict

Or Maybe Zednik is getting ready for the play-off. He will make the D think he is always going outside, but then in the play-off, will change and go in the inside. He is gonna score plenty of goals

Zednik is a tactical genius, he is faking being predictable and will fool the "poor" D he will face and win the series by himself.

A bit like for his fighting abilities, nobody would think he is a good fighter, so when he does fight, the ennemy doesn't really know what he is fighting. BOOM BOOM and Zednik can walk away victorious under the loud applauses of the crowd going crazy.

All Hail that play-off warrior Zednik

Old
03-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Joe Maximum

we all saw vs boston how dangerous he could be when he cuts to the inside, and I can only hope that he's saving it for the playoffs

Old
03-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Maybe he's scared of cutting inside since the concussion he got 2 years ago in playoffs. If you can remember, he was cutting inside when he got a cheap shot from Mclearen.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boutmania
Maybe he's scared of cutting inside since the concussion he got 2 years ago in playoffs. If you can remember, he was cutting inside when he got a cheap shot from Mclearen.
It's his style of play. He was that way with Washington. It is quite effective unless he goes up against a very strong defenseman who can contain him. Not that many can. As someone pointed out, the worst that happens is he gets tied up in the corner. Better than a turnover in the neutral zone while dipsy doodling.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
A bit like for his fighting abilities, nobody would think he is a good fighter, so when he does fight, the ennemy doesn't really know what he is fighting. BOOM BOOM and Zednik can walk away victorious under the loud applauses of the crowd going crazy.
OMG that reminds me... do you remember when he fought some dude this year(don't know who it was but I remember the fight like it was yesterday) and they started fighting. Zednik received about three punches to his face(I was like ahhhh nooo fight back), and then all of a sudden Zednik DESTROYS HIM! AHHH NOW I'M PUMPED FOR TONIGHTS GAME THX!!

Closed Thread