HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens fans are worried

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
Sens fans are worried

from sens fans:

"There is a good chance that we will meet the Leafs in the first round. The Sens will get eaten alive if they continue to play this way."

"failure this year will mean death to this team as we know it"

"as fans have come to expect more from this team."

"The thing that worries me a bit about them seemingly waiting for the second season to start is that they have not been good on the road this year. If there is no home ice advantage, then that weakness could come back to haunt them."

Old
03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
SkuMM

Well at least I can say one thing about Sens fans. They are consistant. When their team is bombing along they are all crass and smug, and when they are sucking hard, they all get a bad case of depression.

Old
03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuMM
Well at least I can say one thing about Sens fans. They are consistant. When their team is bombing along they are all crass and smug, and when they are sucking hard, they all get a bad case of depression.
sounds like any fan of any team...including the Leafs

Old
03-26-2004, 12:45 PM
richardn

If I where a Sens fan I would be pretty worried about playing the Leafs to. Thank god I am a Leaf fan, the thought of cheering for Ottawa turns my stomach.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuMM
They are consistant. When their team is bombing along they are all crass and smug, and when they are sucking hard, they all get a bad case of depression.

In that case I think they've all been reading the Leafs board too much... :p

03-26-2004, 01:25 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
from sens fans:

"There is a good chance that we will meet the Leafs in the first round. The Sens will get eaten alive if they continue to play this way."

"failure this year will mean death to this team as we know it"

"as fans have come to expect more from this team."

"The thing that worries me a bit about them seemingly waiting for the second season to start is that they have not been good on the road this year. If there is no home ice advantage, then that weakness could come back to haunt them."
You do realize that just about every teams fans have made comments like this about their team...

I made that first comment during the time the Leafs were playing well...and the leafs were on a bit of a roll if I'm not mistaken...

...and it's true...at the time I made that comment...the sens were sucking and would have been eaten alive.

If the sens play like they did last night tomorrow...it'll be a much more challenging game.

Do i want to play the leafs in the 1st round? no...I'm pretty sure you don't want to face the sens in the 1st either.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Schenn02

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
If I where a Sens fan I would be pretty worried about playing the Leafs to. Thank god I am a Leaf fan, the thought of cheering for Ottawa turns my stomach.
Yeah Ottawa has reason to worry, we meet them in the playoffs and history should repeat itself.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
I'm pretty sure you don't want to face the sens in the 1st either.
I do.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:31 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
I do.
Same here, bring the Senaturds on. Lalime can't stop a beachball, so we have nothing to worry about.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Im not too thrilled about playing the Sens either, to be honest. Ive seen a lot of Leafs fans underestimate them in the last few weeks with the prospects of playing them in the first round. If the series should happen, it should go the distance. So even if we DO win, what will we have left after the first round? Not to mention the fact that history may in fact 'repeat itself' - the Leafs getting eliminated every round after they beat the Sens.

Don't get too cocky.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.blue
Don't get too cocky.
Leaf fans too cocky? No Way!

The history between the Leafs and Sens in the playoffs mean nothing...zero, zilch, whatever. These are two very different teams...the Leafs getting even older and even wiser, while the Sens getting more experience while also adding some leadership.

There's no way Leaf fans can't be worried against playing the Sens. They still think it's the same team from 2-3 years ago I guess... If we were to bring up history, the Leafs never made it past the 1st round last year, whereas the Sens not only beat the Flyers but went to game 7 of the 3rd round. Most Leaf fans would say who cares, that's in the past. Which only proves my point it's a whole new ball game.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:27 PM
musdy

i think we can beat the snot out of them

Old
03-26-2004, 02:29 PM
sensfan18

I'm not "worried" about playing the leafs 1st round. However, it is a lose-lose situation. The series will be a war and whoever comes out may not have much left in the tank. Let's hope for a EC Final match-up instead.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:31 PM
wasting time

Calle Johansen will be in game shape by then. He and Leetch are major difference makers for the Leafs defense.

Bondra scares me. DeVries has been a little slow to take to the Sens so far, but he is a difference maker too.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:34 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrehedinrocks
i think we can beat the snot out of them
lol....right. good luck with all that.

-dutch-

Old
03-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
You don't think the Leafs can beat the snot out of Ottawa?

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Do i want to play the leafs in the 1st round? no...I'm pretty sure you don't want to face the sens in the 1st either.
Yes I do! I love the leafs vs sens playoff series. If we faced the sens in the first round I'd be thrilled.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch

-dutch-
Why would you say such a thing? The leafs have beaten the sens out of the playoffs every year that they've played them. HELLO?!?!?!?!?!? But then again being a Canadian Flyers Fan, you wouldn't be knowledgable as far as the leafs go.

Old
03-26-2004, 02:55 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

sens dont want to face us in the playoffs because they know even if they win theyll be too banged up after it to go on

Old
03-26-2004, 03:11 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer4Life
Why would you say such a thing? The leafs have beaten the sens out of the playoffs every year that they've played them. HELLO?!?!?!?!?!? But then again being a Canadian Flyers Fan, you wouldn't be knowledgable as far as the leafs go.
did all you guys forget that the Sens b*tchs-lapped the Flyers out of the Playoffs after Toronto couldn't even handle then in 7??

-dutch-

Old
03-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch
did all you guys forget that the Sens b*tchs-lapped the Flyers out of the Playoffs after Toronto couldn't even handle then in 7??

-dutch-
Did you forget two years ago when the Sens "b*tchs-lapped" the Flyers in the first round and we took them out in the second round?

-Leaf Army-

Old
03-26-2004, 03:23 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Did you forget two years ago when the Sens "b*tchs-lapped" the Flyers in the first round and we took them out in the second round?

-Leaf Army-
Yep, I remember the Sens beating the Flyers....but the Leafs made the 2nd round that year?

-dutch-

Last edited by CNote: 03-26-2004 at 03:27 PM.
Old
03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army

-Leaf Army-
lol This only further proves my point...they just don't get it. I don't know why it's so hard to understand...this is not the same team lol. The fact that they beat the Sens 2 years ago means nothing when things have changed so much.

But you keep thinking that

Old
03-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
sens dont want to face us in the playoffs because they know even if they win theyll be too banged up after it to go on
Thats a two way street though. An early series between these two teams would be very detrimental to both teams chances at a cup. The series would be extremely physical, emotional, and long. The fact keeps coming up that the leafs have knocked out the sens everytime they have played. Well, the leafs havent lasted more than that one round more than the sens, each time they have played. Just like philly wasnt at full capacity last year after playing the leafs, either team would be extremely softened up for the next opponent.

This is an eastern conference final series, not an early round. No true fan of either fan really wants this to be a first rounder. Not if they want to win the cup at least

Old
03-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Raging Bull

Either way, if they face eachother, there will be some broken hearts on this board..........I can't imagine what a Sens fan would say about their team if they lost to the "old and slow" Leafs.........

Closed Thread