HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 Way Ott-Phi-LA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2009, 11:55 PM
  #26
LordLucic*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Right on queue.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 11:56 PM
  #27
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Queue mercury whining and crying about how this is terrible for the Flyers in 3....2....1....
That is one of the worst proposals I have EVER seen.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 11:59 PM
  #28
LordLucic*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
That is one of the worst proposals I have EVER seen.
Chalk that up as about the 100th time you have said that in the past week!

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:01 AM
  #29
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Chalk that up as about the 100th time you have said that in the past week!
It's an infection. People are losing their minds. If you think that deal is fair, you should turn in your hockey fan card. How on Earth is that fair?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:23 AM
  #30
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,645
vCash: 500
I would do either of those trades. Gagne? Check, quite a nice addition to the Sens. 5th overall? Check, excellent. Young prospect to replenish the farm? Check.

Done.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:34 AM
  #31
SteelCitySensFan
Registered User
 
SteelCitySensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Right on queue.
Haha Owned!

Anyways...I dont like this for the Sens. I dont want all the Flyer's injury risks.

SteelCitySensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:38 AM
  #32
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNightmareLong View Post
Haha Owned!

Anyways...I dont like this for the Sens. I dont want all the Flyer's injury risks.

That isn't "owned." It's not much of a prediction that I will call out a poster for a ridiculous proposal.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:42 AM
  #33
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkLOLund View Post
To Kings:
Heatley, Jones

To Flyers:
Johnson, 9th Overall, Moller

To Senators:
Gagne, 5th Overall, Hickey


Forget the value factor for a second. Why the heck would the Kings take on 11 mill in salary without giving up any significant salary from their team? This trade is atrocious on many levels.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:44 AM
  #34
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post


Forget the value factor for a second. Why the heck would the Kings take on 11 mill in salary without giving up any significant salary from their team? This trade is atrocious at many levels.
On the bright side, it's only $10.25 million in cap space.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:44 AM
  #35
SteelCitySensFan
Registered User
 
SteelCitySensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
That isn't "owned." It's not much of a prediction that I will call out a poster for a ridiculous proposal.
Didn't feel like arguing this..but that's a completely different situation. He called you yourself to complain about a Flyers proposal, which is exactly what you did. Not very debatable.

Proposals are ridiculous, and debatable...kind of like you trying to get awesome returns for your constantly injured players. Kind of ridiculous, but you'll still keep debating.

Clear?

SteelCitySensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:46 AM
  #36
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
On the bright side, it's only $10.25 million in cap space.
I wonder what people think while making up trades like these...

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
  #37
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNightmareLong View Post
Didn't feel like arguing this..but that's a completely different situation. He called you yourself to complain about a Flyers proposal, which is exactly what you did. Not very debatable.

Proposals are ridiculous, and debatable...kind of like you trying to get awesome returns for your constantly injured players. Kind of ridiculous, but you'll still keep debating.

Clear?

About as clear as cup of mud. First of all, I've never asked for an "awesome" return for anyone. Not even equal hockey value for Briere. Secondly, which players are constantly injured? Briere has had two major injuries the last four years, so he's a question mark. Hartnell has played 80, 82, 64, and 81 games since the lockout. Gagne has played 79, 25, 76, and 72. He had one major ab/groin injury a year and a half ago. Can I get an "owned" for you now?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:58 AM
  #38
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
let me try

Dany Heatley, Scott Hartnell

5th overall, Alex Picard

Simon Gagne, Colten Teubert, Oscar Moller, 35th overall
Wow, the Flyers get sodomized in that deal. IF they move Gagne and Hartnell in a proposed three way like this, they're getting more than just the 5th overall and Picard. The Alex they end up getting would be Volchenkov and I could see Justin Williams coming back to the Flyers as well. So, to correct the deal:

Dany Heatley, Scott Hartnell
5th overall, Alex Volchenkov, Justin Williams
Simon Gagne, Colten Teubert, Oscal Moller, 35th overall

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:59 AM
  #39
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Wow, the Flyers get sodomized in that deal. IF they move Gagne and Hartnell in a proposed three way like this, they're getting more than just the 5th overall and Picard. The Alex they end up getting would be Volchenkov and I could see Justin Williams coming back to the Flyers as well. So, to correct the deal:

Dany Heatley, Scott Hartnell
5th overall, Alex Volchenkov, Justin Williams
Simon Gagne, Colten Teubert, Oscal Moller, 35th overall

Lol, your deal isn't any better. JW is staying.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:06 AM
  #40
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Lol, your deal isn't any better. JW is staying.

It's slightly better. It gives the Flyers at least one incentive to be involved. Personally, I don't think reacquiring Williams is a good idea, although I really liked him when he was here. Also, trading Hartnell is just stupid.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:08 AM
  #41
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Lol, your deal isn't any better. JW is staying.
Ok, let's see. Los Angeles ends up with a 28 year old 50 goal/100 point scorer and a 30 goal/60 point grinder who is just beginning to enter his prime.

Ottawa ends up with 40 goal/70+ point winger with Selke-caliber defensive ability, a young rock 'em sock 'em defenseman, a potential 30 goal grinder and a 2nd round pick.

The Flyers end up with the 5th overall choice, a top 4 defensive defenseman and a winger, when healthy, can get 30 goals/70 points.

I don't know about you, but Los Angeles makes out like bandits in the deal. They probably get the two best players in the deal. Ottawa fares very well in that they get a winger to play with Spezza who is capable of scoring 40+ goals and playing Selke caliber defense as well as two very, very good prospects and a 2nd round pick.

When you really think of it, the Flyers are the ones who risk the most here. They end up with the 5th overall pick and they end up with an injury prone winger the past few seasons. Whether you like to admit it or not, that's two big question marks. The bonus they get is that they get a top 4 defenseman in Volchenkov.

I don't know about you, but I don't think the deal is that far off at all. I'm sure that maybe adding something else to the Los Angeles end like the Flyers first round pick might be the way to go, but for the most part, it's a rather fair deal.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:17 AM
  #42
twenty2
 
twenty2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Dramatization of original proposal:

To Los Angeles: Danny Briere, 3rd 2009

To Philadelphia: 5th Overall, 9th Overall, Jack Johnson

To Ottawa: Matt Carle

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:25 AM
  #43
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
It's slightly better. It gives the Flyers at least one incentive to be involved. Personally, I don't think reacquiring Williams is a good idea, although I really liked him when he was here. Also, trading Hartnell is just stupid.
Well, ya, I get the Hartnell part but I don't see why Dean would trade after just getting him. He has expierence that the Kings desperatley need. Hartnell looks better with the Flyers and fits. Not to sure why the Kings would try and get him besides the fact that he can put up goals and it is a LW, but there's a lot of guys that can do that too. So, ya, no to him

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:28 AM
  #44
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Well, ya, I get the Hartnell part but I don't see why Dean would trade after just getting him. He has expierence that the Kings desperatley need. Hartnell looks better with the Flyers and fits. Not to sure why the Kings would try and get him besides the fact that he can put up goals and it is a LW, but there's a lot of guys that can do that too. So, ya, no to him

I think they're may be a deal in here somewhere, but the Flyers aren't going to be trading two 30+ goal scorers for a draft pick and a defenseman. How much salary do you think LA needs to clear if Heatley were going their way?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
  #45
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Ok, let's see. Los Angeles ends up with a 28 year old 50 goal/100 point scorer and a 30 goal/60 point grinder who is just beginning to enter his prime.

Ottawa ends up with 40 goal/70+ point winger with Selke-caliber defensive ability, a young rock 'em sock 'em defenseman, a potential 30 goal grinder and a 2nd round pick.

The Flyers end up with the 5th overall choice, a top 4 defensive defenseman and a winger, when healthy, can get 30 goals/70 points.

I don't know about you, but Los Angeles makes out like bandits in the deal. They probably get the two best players in the deal. Ottawa fares very well in that they get a winger to play with Spezza who is capable of scoring 40+ goals and playing Selke caliber defense as well as two very, very good prospects and a 2nd round pick.

When you really think of it, the Flyers are the ones who risk the most here. They end up with the 5th overall pick and they end up with an injury prone winger the past few seasons. Whether you like to admit it or not, that's two big question marks. The bonus they get is that they get a top 4 defenseman in Volchenkov.

I don't know about you, but I don't think the deal is that far off at all. I'm sure that maybe adding something else to the Los Angeles end like the Flyers first round pick might be the way to go, but for the most part, it's a rather fair deal.
Well, I wasn't expecting all of this at 11:30 at night.

As for Justin, Dean got him on trade day, he has won a cup and has the expierence the Kings need blah blah blah. Plus, I think it would be a longshot to get Hartnell. I know none of these trades are even going to happen but I would like to make this a little realistic.

I don't see why you are being so nice. Why would you want Justin Williams? I can see why the 5th. But, Justin has been injured before and we already have the guy and it's going to be long shot to see if he can hit 30 goals again. He is still fairly young and I haven't seen him play a lot so I'm not sure exactly what his potential is.

I didn't mean it wasn't the same value. But, us getting Hartnell is like the Kings winning the Stanley Cup next season. Anything could happen but the most sane person will say no.

I don't mind the trade wise for Heatley. As for Hartnell, no thanks. I want to take a gamble at Justin Williams and see if he can come back and play a strong season.


Hopefully all of this makes sense....getting sleepy.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:50 AM
  #46
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkLOLund View Post
To Kings:
Heatley, Jones

To Flyers:
Johnson, 9th Overall, Moller

To Senators:
Gagne, 5th Overall, Hickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
5th Overall, Hickey, Johnson, Moller for Heatley

Johnson, 9th Overall, Moller for Gagne and Jones?

Hmm, Well the OP isn't a Flyers fan (at least he hasn't been seen on the Flyers board before) so I can't say he intentionally favored us but I think I'd have to jump on this one as fast as I could as a Flyers fan. I may not like giving up Gagne and we CAN just eat Jones' contract this season if we need to but getting JJ. Moller and the 9th pick for Gagne is pretty decent return.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:56 AM
  #47
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
let me try

Dany Heatley, Scott Hartnell

5th overall, Alex Picard

Simon Gagne, Colten Teubert, Oscar Moller, 35th overall
ROFL, you mean to tell me the flyers are going to gve up Gagne AND Hartnell just to get the #5 pick and a dman we didn't want LAST year??? We MIGHT trade Lupul and Jones in this proposal but not Gagne and Hartnell.

Thak you, you actually gave me a good laugh.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 04:00 AM
  #48
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hmm, Well the OP isn't a Flyers fan (at least he hasn't been seen on the Flyers board before) so I can't say he intentionally favored us but I think I'd have to jump on this one as fast as I could as a Flyers fan. I may not like giving up Gagne and we CAN just eat Jones' contract this season if we need to but getting JJ. Moller and the 9th pick for Gagne is pretty decent return.

I think that is a lot for LA to give up. Fair return for the Flyers, but the Sens win that deal.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 04:01 AM
  #49
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNightmareLong View Post
Haha Owned!

Anyways...I dont like this for the Sens. I dont want all the Flyer's injury risks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
That isn't "owned." It's not much of a prediction that I will call out a poster for a ridiculous proposal.
Not to mention that you posted your response BEFORE the ther guy saying you WOULD ***** about it.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 05:41 AM
  #50
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Wow, the Flyers get sodomized in that deal. IF they move Gagne and Hartnell in a proposed three way like this, they're getting more than just the 5th overall and Picard. The Alex they end up getting would be Volchenkov and I could see Justin Williams coming back to the Flyers as well. So, to correct the deal:

Dany Heatley, Scott Hartnell
5th overall, Alex Volchenkov, Justin Williams
Simon Gagne, Colten Teubert, Oscal Moller, 35th overall
So it's Williams, 5th, 35th, Teubert, and Moller for Heatley and Hartnell.

From a Kings POV, I'm not totally against it actually.

Heatley - Kopitar - Brown
Frolov - Stoll - Hartnell

That's not a bad top 6. And we still keep JJ. Don't see Ottawa trading Heatley and Volchenkov though. V is the cornerstone of their D.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.