HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Fourth Line

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Leaf Army

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Not particularly....what about him?
You don't remember him running around pounding our best players?

Did you watch the series?

Old
03-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
It doesn't make your opinion and more valid than a person who does not get out to the game. I don't discredit someone because of how many or how few live games are under their belt.
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you.

If you have a person who understands the game and is at the game vs a guy that is guy that understands the game and is watching it on TV I'm of the belief that the person that attended the game in most instances will have the more objective and valid points because he gets to see everything on the ice. A person watching TV gets to follow the puck and in some rare instances they'll show a replay of a bad or good play in the neutral zone.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:00 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

i wouldnt take reichel ahead of francis either

i'd go with stajan as the 3rd line center

Old
03-26-2004, 03:11 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
i wouldnt take reichel ahead of francis either

i'd go with stajan as the 3rd line center
Nah, I would put him on the wing with Ronnie Franchise at center and Nolan opposite wing stajan. With this line up you have three good face off man incase someone gets waived. Ronnie should stay as the third line center.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:17 PM
McFly

Leaf Army: I see your point, but I don't see Domi pounding anybody come playoff time. He may lay out one guy with a big hit but he hasn't hit anybody all year. He doesn't draw penalties the way he used to and has shown that he is almost completely useless now.

My playoff lineup would resemble...

Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny
Ponikarovsky - Nieuwendyk - Antropov
Tucker - Francis - Nolan
Kilger - Fitzgerald - Renberg

These guys would form a great energy line who can hit, cycle well, forecheck, and play well defensively. Tie Domi has no business in this lineup.

I feel bad for Tie, we all love him, but he has played himself out of our hearts and soon, Quinn's lineup.

Do you people agree with these lines?

Old
03-26-2004, 03:26 PM
albathegreat*

The thing about Rengerg is that he cant produce unless he is playing with Sundin and Roberts, hes not going on the first line, I think he is a waste of a roster space.

My third and fourth lines:

Tucker - Francis - Nolan
Fitzgerald - Reichel - Stajan

This wont happen because Quinn will put

Domi - Reichel - Renberg l

Old
03-26-2004, 03:29 PM
McFly

I'd like to see Renberg get a chance as a fourth liner. He may prove to be a valuable player. The only reason he should get Domi's spot is because he's great at recovering pucks and controlling the puck in the corners and behind the net. He's as soft as a pillow though.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:29 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo
Leaf Army: I see your point, but I don't see Domi pounding anybody come playoff time. He may lay out one guy with a big hit but he hasn't hit anybody all year. He doesn't draw penalties the way he used to and has shown that he is almost completely useless now.

My playoff lineup would resemble...

Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny
Ponikarovsky - Nieuwendyk - Antropov
Tucker - Francis - Nolan
Kilger - Fitzgerald - Renberg

These guys would form a great energy line who can hit, cycle well, forecheck, and play well defensively. Tie Domi has no business in this lineup.

I feel bad for Tie, we all love him, but he has played himself out of our hearts and soon, Quinn's lineup.

Do you people agree with these lines?
No Stajan wow, my fourth line look like this.

Tucker - Reichel - Domi

With Stajan on the third line wing with Francis and Nolan

Old
03-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo

I agree to an extent. I, like most people, have been entirely unimpressed with Domi's play this year. I wouldn't be outraged if he were a scratch.

But it's not fair to say he's useless. He's still a very good policeman and can be an effective forechecker when he's in the mood.

I can't help but recall our series against Ottawa a couple years back. The Sens were kind of taking it to the Leafs in the series. Then Jaques Martin decided to pull Andre Roy from the lineup in favour of Peter Schastlivy.

It was a turning point in the series. The momentum shifted as the Leafs ran rampant over the Sens that game and there was nothing Ottawa could do. Martin realized his mistake and re-inserted Roy the next night- but it was too late.

I'd hate to into a series against a guy like Brashear and watch him manhandle our top players. Domi is a guy who will stand up to him. Domi may not be an elite fighter anymore, but he can hold his own against most guys in the league- Brashear included.

Ken Hitchcock has won a Cup and he dresses enforcers on a regular basis. Even a sweetheart like Jaques Martin realizes the importance of dressing a guy like Chris Neil.

My point is I would be careful before I label Domi as being useless. Enforcers do play a role in the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:33 PM
OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringITon
Since Riechel always disappears in the playoffs and the tough gets going in the playoffs I propose this. Based on Kilger's performance last night, why not keep him in the lineup on the fourh line for the playoffs. He's got speed, throw's the body around, has some scoring touch and is a big guy. Not to mention lokked impressive in killing penalties with Fitzgerald.

New fourth line should be:

Domi-Fitzgerald-Kilger

When Tucker gets back all lines should look like this in the playoffs:

Roberts-Sundin-Mogilny
Ponikarovski-Niewendyke-Antropov
Tucker-Francis-Nolan
Domi-Fitzgerald-Kilger

Riechel gives you insurance for center ice position, Stajan gives you some fresh legs to start in certain games, Renberg gives you the same, Perott replaces Domi in case of another dumb ass suspension (we hope not).

What do you think????
Ummm Reichel was the leafs best player in last years playoffs

Old
03-26-2004, 03:39 PM
McFly

Domi may turn it up in the playoffs. Maybe the intensity will bring out his best qualities. I think if we play Philadelphia, Domi should play, because he can stand up to Brashear.

One thing I've just noticed is that without Domi in the lineup, we lack a true enforcer or a player who can fight the guys like Niel, Brashear, Fedoruk, Doull, etc.

Although there aren't many fights in the playoffs, you still need that intimidating player to stand up to the other tough guys. Domi may be stuck in the lineup for that reason. That means Renberg should sit, but for some reason Pat won't scratch the guy!

Old
03-26-2004, 03:42 PM
OldTimeHockey

Sorry guys, Francis stays with Nolan. Whether it's Tucker on the wing...renberg, whomever, Those two stay together. Nolan has been feeding off of Francis and it's working. Keep that stuff together

1st line-Roberts-Sundin-Mogs
2nd line-Poni-Joey N-Nik Antropov
3rd line-Nolan-Francis-Any of Stajan/Tucker/ Renberg
4th line-Fitz-Reichel-Domi or Renberg

Look like last nights line up? it pretty much is. They played great together. Keep it that way.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Mike1

I thought Reichel played pretty well in that playoff series last year. I don't see why he won't offer something similar this year. He's not an impact player but the guy isn't a liability out there.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1
I thought Reichel played pretty well in that playoff series last year. I don't see why he won't offer something similar this year. He's not an impact player but the guy isn't a liability out there.
I like Reichel even when he is not scoring. He still has other assets to offer. The way I look at it is any extra scoring from him is a bonus.

Closed Thread