Evander Kane's Actual Size

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Evander Kane's Actual Size

Thought this was important enough for its own thread since it seems to be floating around a bit.

As of the Draft Combine on May 25th he is 6' 1.25" and 176 lbs. That seems a bit light until you realize he was also 2nd lowest in the entire combine for total bodyfat at 7%. That should put any theories that he's going to be undersized to bed for awhile since he has picked up 2.25 inches and 16 pounds of pure muscle in under a year.

Here's the source:

http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3...m&app=rankings

8 more days until it's official. Cross your fingers for no trade announcements!

Old
06-17-2009, 11:32 PM
pitseleh

He's also one of the youngest players in the draft at just over a month away from the eligibility cutoff. He's got lots of room to grow.

Old
06-18-2009, 01:10 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
He's also one of the youngest players in the draft at just over a month away from the eligibility cutoff. He's got lots of room to grow.
Sounds like another recent 1st round Thrashers draft pick.
Good for us.

Old
06-18-2009, 06:01 AM
hydromel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Thought this was important enough for its own thread since it seems to be floating around a bit.

As of the Draft Combine on May 25th he is 6' 1.25" and 176 lbs. That seems a bit light until you realize he was also 2nd lowest in the entire combine for total bodyfat at 7%. That should put any theories that he's going to be undersized to bed for awhile since he has picked up 2.25 inches and 16 pounds of pure muscle in under a year.

Here's the source:

http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3...m&app=rankings

8 more days until it's official. Cross your fingers for no trade announcements!
if he grew 2.25" then he didn't pick up "pure" muscle and there will still be talk that he is undersized, regardless, because he is not full sized yet.

Old
06-18-2009, 04:29 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydromel View Post
if he grew 2.25" then he didn't pick up "pure" muscle and there will still be talk that he is undersized, regardless, because he is not full sized yet.
Ok, he picked up 16 pounds of not fat.

Old
06-28-2009, 01:16 AM
monster_bertuzzi

This guy will end up at 205-210 at a little over 6'1'' (may get taller, hell isnt even 18 yet) so you're looking at a powerforard.

Old
06-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i really hope he puts on 15 lbs before training camp and makes the team. i sure he could do fine as a 3rd liner for his first year. maybe bump him to the top 6 if he plays well

Old
06-30-2009, 04:17 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
i really hope he puts on 15 lbs before training camp and makes the team. i sure he could do fine as a 3rd liner for his first year. maybe bump him to the top 6 if he plays well
I think 15 pounds is a little too much. The time between training camp and the combine is less then 4 months which isn't alot of time. That would be like 50 pounds in a year, yikes. And even if he was able to put on 15 pounds by camp, it would not be healthy.

Old
06-30-2009, 08:30 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
I think 15 pounds is a little too much. The time between training camp and the combine is less then 4 months which isn't alot of time. That would be like 50 pounds in a year, yikes. And even if he was able to put on 15 pounds by camp, it would not be healthy.
Indeed correct... 15 pounds in such a short period of time isn't healthy, nor should it be reasonable to expect that sort of thing. However, I think everyone wants to get a glimpse at what Kane could bring to the table, and whether or not he'll be sent back to juniors.

Old
06-30-2009, 08:49 AM
The Sneak

I cannot wait for the day when we can allow drafted players to mature in juniors/college/minors instead of rushing them up to the big club. Kane would benefit from such maturity. I'd hate to see him called up to early and have him change his game because he is not physically ready. He's a power forward. If he doesn't have the body to be a power forward against men in the NHL then he needs to stay in the development chain. What a waste if he cannot play his best game for us.

Old
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
NWAvs

Do you guys think he will be in the NHL next year?

Old
07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Do you guys think he will be in the NHL next year?
I know he'll get a serious look in pre-season, and possibly in a handful of games at the start of the regular season. He looks like the kind of player (skill-wise and attitude-wise) that could definitely be impressive enough to make the team out of camp.

But I'm hoping that if the team has any doubt about him sticking around next year, they send him back to juniors. Our line-up looks solid enough that we don't absolutely need him. And he'll get another year to play full time and bulk up; hell, he's young enough that he might put on another inch in height before he's finished. I'd much rather him be more physically mature when he plays for us regularly; no need to throw him in the fire when his body isn't ready for it.

But ultimately, we won't know any of this until September at the earliest.

Closed Thread