HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone scared of the Isles?

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Le Golie

vCash: 500
Anyone scared of the Isles?

Let me first say I am an Islanders fan first, but I do like the Habs as well. Not coming here to start anything, just curious as to whether any of you are worried about losing the 7th seed.

The Isles are 4 points back with a game in hand and one head to head matchup on the Island. You guys have a pretty tough schedule and the Isles play Carolina twice.

1. Do you think they might pass you?

2. Do you care? Personally I am just hoping the Isles play the Lightning in the first round, doesn't matter where each team finishes.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:06 AM
mcphee

I'm afraid of everybody though confident that we can beat anybody. The Islanders are the one team that seems to be not considered when possible upsets are being discussed and that's probably not fair. Hell, the Islanders ? I'm afraid of Buffalo until we get 1 more point. The team I'd least like to play is Ottawa. Too much talent.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
2. Do you care? Personally I am just hoping the Isles play the Lightning in the first round, doesn't matter where each team finishes.
Not really. 6th, 7th, 8th, doesn't really matter as every team in the top 3 (and top 6 for that matter) is going to be tough. Right now the Habs are concentrating on getting everyone healthy and rested and trying to mix and match lines to find some chemistry. It seems that our place in the final standings is taking a backseat to playoff preperation.

As for your Isles, I don't think many people are giving them much of a chance to win a round, which is exactly why they might win one. Whoever the Isles play might have a tendancy to take them too lightly, and if DiPietro can carry on with his recent hot streak they'll have a good shot at winning.

Btw, what's up with Czerk? I have him in a pool and noticed he's only playing 7-10 min a game lately. Is he in the doghouse or what?

Old
03-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Jacques Strappe

The team I'm most afraid of right now is Montreal! They had a great streak after the 4 game losing streak, now they've lost 2 in a row. Actually, maybe there's a pattern here. If they lose the next 2, maybe they'll go on another tear, winning 13 of 16...

Seriously, as noted by others, any team in the top 6 is going to be difficult to beat. I wouldn't wish for TB in the first round. 2nd round yes, but not 1st round. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Philly would be the best team to meet in the first round. Just the goaltending factor alone. B's would be the second choice.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:45 AM
oli500

Look if were in 8th place were probably going to end up playing tampabay. If theres any team I think we can beat its tampa. 2 years ago we beat boston when we finish 8th so anything is posible. We have a better goalie than what tampa has and also have a better defense. Were either playing tampa or philie so its youre pick.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Darz

Quote:
1. Do you think they might pass you?
I guess there is a chance, but I wouldn't bet on it. The habs, outside of a little two game slump, have played quite well the past while and will win the nessesary games to finish 7th.

Quote:
2. Do you care?
No. As long as we are in the playoffs, I really don't care if it's 7th or 8th or 6th for that matter. If it was 4th or 5th, I'd care, or 1st and 2nd, but don't see a big difference between 6th, 7th and 8th, outside of the first round opponent, and I don't have that crystal ball that tells me which I'd rather face, plus it isn't like the top of the division is all set as well.

Old
03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Buffalo is afraid of them.

Last edited by NWT Habs Fan: 03-26-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old
03-26-2004, 05:44 PM
tinyzombies

I'm afraid of Ottawa and hoping for a Lalime meltdown. The other guys I'm afraid of are Martin St-Louis and Eddie Belfour.

Old
03-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I'm not worried about the Isles as the only place we'd meet them are in the conference finals.

Old
03-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Blake is out for Isles (for a month) WOOHOO, and Dipeitro is not great, neither is snow. They are going no where fast, sorry.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:02 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I'm not worried about the Isles as the only place we'd meet them are in the conference finals.
exactly.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:09 PM
habitue*

I just hope Buffalo gonna tie or lose one in a near future. Because I don't feel overconfident that the Habs can get another point in their last four games against Boston , the Isles, Philly and Buffalo... I think the Isles, because of their easier schedule (+ because they have a game against the habs) will finish 7th. Hopefully, the Habs are gonna finish 8th... and unfortunately, they will have to meet TB.

Closed Thread