HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Ott

Old
06-20-2009, 10:44 PM
DG

vCash: 500
Absolutely no clue why the Sens would even consider this. Dreadful offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod View Post
D. Sedin > Spezza
H. Sedin > Alfredsson
Make a poll and see how that goes.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 11:06 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Let me ask Canuck fans a question, would you trade this guy?

Patrick Wiercioch
6'5, 185lbs, defenseman
2008-09 U. of Denver NCAA 36 12 23 35 26

Has an absolute cannon of a shot, solid play in both ends of the ice, behemoth size and he's not even done growing yet. Puts up a PPG as a rookie defenseman in the WCHA.

You could offer us a lot more than Raymond, we will turn it down. Way too much potential in this kid.

I understand why you won't at the moment but probably down the road you'll have to choose between Wiercioch or Karlsson. And anyone who think's Raymond sucks go learn hockey.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod View Post
D. Sedin > Spezza
H. Sedin > Alfredsson
Kesler > Foligno
Burrows > Fisher
Demitra > Shannon

I think I'd rather have ours.
Time to bring out the big guns.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
I understand why you won't at the moment but probably down the road you'll have to choose between Wiercioch or Karlsson. And anyone who think's Raymond sucks go learn hockey.
Why would we have to choose between Wiercioch or Karlsson? It's not like we have Heatley and Spezza locked up at 7M+ on long-term deals

I wouldn't be suprised in 5 years these guys are teammates on the top pair, they both have so much potential and we would be stupid to trade them now

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
Fixed
God I hate our fans.

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 12:37 AM
The Vengabus

Those Senators must be the best non-playoff team EVAR, given how they're better than a division winner in every way, shape, or form.

The Vengabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 01:35 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Why would we have to choose between Wiercioch or Karlsson? It's not like we have Heatley and Spezza locked up at 7M+ on long-term deals

I wouldn't be suprised in 5 years these guys are teammates on the top pair, they both have so much potential and we would be stupid to trade them now
Oh I agree no point moving them if there is a solid chance that they live up to there potential. I am saying the same thing about Raymond. Unless the Canucks can have him as a part of a package for a young top 6 forward (ie. Bieksa + Raymond for Nathan Horton) I don't think it would be prudent to deal Raymond. Who at worst has shown to be a good 3rd line speedster who is not afraid of hitting and can actually pack a punch in his hits.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 01:39 AM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorial View Post
Those Senators must be the best non-playoff team EVAR, given how they're better than a division winner in every way, shape, or form.
No one is saying that.

Goaltending = Vancouver
Defnece = Vancouver
Depth = Vancouver

I'm a Sens fan, and I know Vancouver is a better team, but that doesn't change the fact that Ottawa has some very good players and if they start next season like they ended last season will make the playofss and could very well be 2nd in their division.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Spamhuis

judging by last year daniel and henrik sedin > heatley + spezza. Potential wise? who tops out higher? i'd take heatley and spezza... but for some reason it just didn't happen last year.

Spamhuis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 09:19 AM
trentmccleary

What's the goal for Ottawa here? Why would we want to acquire Raymond at all?

(C-Spezza, Fisher, Kelly, Winchester/Bass)
Alfredsson, Heatley, Foligno, Shannon, Ruutu, Winchester, Donovan, Regin, Zubov.

We have exactly 1 proven scoring winger (who wishes to return next season). Raymond certainly isn't a proven scoring winger by any means.

Foligno, Shannon... to close out last season, Foligno was on a 30-35 goals pace under Clouston and Shannon was on a 47 point pace. On a line together with Fisher they seemed to find a lot of chemistry and it's difficult to imagine them being broken up to start the season.

Regin, Zubov... our leading scorers in Bingo are 23/22 and ready to fight for roster spots. IMO, Regin is an all round NHL'er now who should be on our roster to start the season. Zubov is close and could provide an offensive spark.

What would Raymond bring over these 4 players and why would we want to collect half a dozen "offensive" wingers who aren't proven NHL scorers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kesler View Post
judging by last year daniel and henrik sedin > heatley + spezza. Potential wise? who tops out higher? i'd take heatley and spezza... but for some reason it just didn't happen last year.
B. Murray = 3 goals a game
J.Paddock = 3 goals a game
Hartsburg = 2.4 goals a game
CClouston = 3 goals a game

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
And anyone who think's Raymond sucks go learn hockey.
Where did anyone say that?

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:13 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

A few months ago, I suggested on the Canucks board that they should move Raymond, because there wasn't really a good fit for him in Vancouver... with Demitra and Daniel Sedin both taking up top 6 left wing spots, Raymond's ideal fit in the lineup wasn't available, and I thought that putting him in a bottom 6 role would not only be a poor fit for the team, but wouldn't be good for Raymond's development either, since he wouldn't be put in the right roles. I had thought a major mistake by the Canucks organization was bringing him up too early, and thus losing his waiver eligibility when he could still have used another year in the AHL with prime offensive icetime.

However, Raymond really stepped up his overall game near the end of the year, and was nothing short of excellent, especially for a young player like him, in the playoffs. Maybe developing him on the 3rd line in Vancouver helped him grow as a player, because he's a significantly better defensive player and becoming more of a physical player, despite his slight frame.

At this point, I don't think it's worth it for the Canucks to trade Raymond now. His value can't be all that high, and yet he's still a guy who can play on your 2nd/3rd lines, on a ELC that's easy to manage under a shrinking cap, while still having solid upside. He is easily the fastest skater on the team, and one of the fastest skaters in the league, and his playoffs showed he's got a solid defensive game and some grit in his game as well.

For me, Raymond has gone from a guy that I didn't think fit on this team, to a guy who you could build with moving forward. The fact he can play in a bottom 6 role effectively has really improved his value to the team IMO, and there's just no reason to move him at this point... considering his stage in development and the improved play he showed late in the season and in the playoffs, his value is only going to go up from here.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:17 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 1445
I getting tiews of threads like this

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Regin 43*