HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minn...Pitt

Old
06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Because, you know, Dupuis is such a hot commodity right now.
Dupuis is a valuable 3rd liner. He simply makes too much money for a team that has its nose pressed up against the cap for the foreseeable future.

He's very fast, has a good work ethic, he's a good PKer, he can pop in 10+ goals and 20+ points a season, and now he has Stanley Cup experience.

Contrary to popular HF belief, that's a compelling package.

But I don't want us giving up a cheap bottom pairing option like Lovejoy.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Gooch

I hope this is true.... getting rid of Dupuis would be huge. For one it gets rid of that stupid 1.4 million dollar contract and 2 (and probably the most important) it ensures that he will not be playing with Crosby next season.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 08:36 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Evidently the OP didn't realize the rules of the Trade Rumors forum were that only rumors of big name players and or Canadian teams could be discussed.
Curious what Minny could be willing to send, no qualms with Dupuis going, I like the guy and like his game (When M.T wasn't using him as a top liner) but he is surplus to our needs particularly at his price. Could make another team happy as a 3rd liner though I am sure.
I heard Fletcher and Shero called and got Burke's seal of approval to discuss trade possibilities that didn't involve him. So it's all good.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 08:45 AM
JTG

Fletcher would be doing Shero a favor.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Lovejoy is a good prospect for the Pens and will most likely be in their top 6 rotation next season. Moving him would be a mistake when you consider his potential and the Pens need for a talented and cheap blueliner...

Dupuis is a good role player that would fit into the Wilds new system.

Fletcher knows exactly what these guys bring to the table since he was part of their org.

I don't see how he is doing Shero any favors to be honest... unless he is throwing their #1 in the deal for giggles.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
By giving Shero a 2nd or 3rd round pick that might bust or at best not make it to the NHL for 3 years and taking 1 of Shero's better prospects that's close to NHL ready and a good 3rd liner?

Pens fans need to stop acting like Dupuis contract is Wade Redden bad or something. The guy only makes 1.4 million. That's about the average salary of a 3rd line player. He's a good 10-12 goal guy, pk'er, 3rd liner etc.

The Pens problem is they have Kennedy Staal Cooke as their 3rd line and nobody seems to be moving off of that line anytime soon since those 3 play very well together.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Realm

By the way, the Wild dont have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick...

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Greaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofnats View Post
I don't think you can say that his 1.4M cap hit is horrible... go talk to NYR fans and they'll show you horrible.
Well for us ... since we are hitting our heads on the cap ceiling... we can't fit him in. Shero either has to waive him, trade him or bury him in the minors. 1.4M for a 4th liner is steep for us anyway.

Greaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
By the way, the Wild dont have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick...
It doesn't have to be this years picks. The Pens traded away a 4th rounder in the draft 2 years from now to get Garon. Waist of a damn pick that was. I could have played as much as he did after he was acquired.

I don't buy the rumor. I could see Fletcher being interested in Dupuis, though. I know Minnesota fans aren't real high on him, but Fletcher was part of Shero's staff and they were very high on Dupuis and that's why they gave him the contract they did last summer.

Maybe, Dupuis for a 4th, 2 years from now? It could replace the pick the Pens lost to Edmonton for Garon.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaves View Post
Well for us ... since we are hitting our heads on the cap ceiling... we can't fit him in. Shero either has to waive him, trade him or bury him in the minors. 1.4M for a 4th liner is steep for us anyway.
That's kind of it, though. It's not hard to bury/waive/trade for future considerations a guy like Dupuis, so there's not all that much pressure on Shero to make the deal.

Fletcher, though, does know what he wants from our system, and since we can definitely find ways to make Dupuis' hit disappear (especially with Burkle's willingness to spend), we don't have to make a bad trade to get rid of him.

This isn't like trading Rozival, or even the CP salary dumps.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Pouliot's an RFA isn't he?

The Wild need to add a few bottom pairing defenseman which would explain why they might be interested in Lovejoy...but the Pens are in a similar position. I just don't see what would be coming back from the Wild besides cap relief.

It's probably just a rumor, but it's pretty realistic that these two teams could become active trading partners in the future based on the familiarity of the GMs.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Jimmy McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Dupuis is as a solid of a 3rd liner as you can get. Hes the kind of player that helps teams win Cups.
Yes and no. Having already watched Dupuis for a few years with the Wild, he is a useful player that every team has one or two of (and the Wild already have about four...). But at the end of the day, he's not a guy you jump for joy (Lovejoy?) when your team acquires, and he's not a guy you cry over when he leaves.

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Dupuis is a valuable 3rd liner. He simply makes too much money for a team that has its nose pressed up against the cap for the foreseeable future.

He's very fast, has a good work ethic, he's a good PKer, he can pop in 10+ goals and 20+ points a season, and now he has Stanley Cup experience.

Contrary to popular HF belief, that's a compelling package.

But I don't want us giving up a cheap bottom pairing option like Lovejoy.
Save your used car sales pitch for another team and another set of fans.

We knew what kind of player Dupuis was before you even heard he existed.

If we want a "very fast, has a good work ethic, he's a good PKer, he can pop in 10+ goals and 20+ points a season" guy, we will re-sign our own Veilleux.

We already have plenty of guys in the pipeline who can do what Dupius does for 1/3 the price.

Don't pretend that having his name on the Stanley Cup magically makes him a better player.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Lovejoy, Dupuis, conditional 2010 3rd for Benoit Pouliot and Stephane Veilleux's rights?

*condition being whether or not the Pens sign Veilleux.
Oh man, grabbing Pouliot would be a steal for Pitts, a cheap ultra-talented winger for Gino. He would shine in Pitts.

IMO they're already in great shape with Kevin Veuilleux and Tangradi in the future plans.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
By giving Shero a 2nd or 3rd round pick that might bust or at best not make it to the NHL for 3 years and taking 1 of Shero's better prospects that's close to NHL ready and a good 3rd liner?

Pens fans need to stop acting like Dupuis contract is Wade Redden bad or something. The guy only makes 1.4 million. That's about the average salary of a 3rd line player. He's a good 10-12 goal guy, pk'er, 3rd liner etc.

The Pens problem is they have Kennedy Staal Cooke as their 3rd line and nobody seems to be moving off of that line anytime soon since those 3 play very well together.
He's only a 10-12 goal guy when playing on the 1st line next to Crosby, which makes him absolutely horrible. He doesnt hit, he doesnt fight or stick up for teammates and he thinks he is a sniper.

1.4 million dollars for a guy that at 600k can do the job just as well if not better. The team needs to be grittier and having an overpaid soft 4th liner is not a good way of that. Theres a reason why Minnesota cringes at wanting him back, they know what he is.

Lovejoy is extremely overrated by pens fans. I honestly doubt he will amount to anything in the NHL. A journeyman/waiver wire Dman will provide whatever he does at a lesser cost.

So yeah Minnesota would be doing us a huge favor, if we can get anything out of getting rid of Dupuis that would be huge otherwise don't be suprised if you see him riding the waivers later in the season. When we have only 6 million or so to spend on 3 top 6 wingers his 1.4 million dollar salary does matter a lot.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
just wondering never heard of this Mark Madden guy... are his rumors more real and believe then Eklunds?
hes a jerk, but he know what hes talkin about when it comes to hockey. . i say, hess well respected round the burgh.

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:38 AM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofnats View Post
I don't think you can say that his 1.4M cap hit is horrible... go talk to NYR fans and they'll show you horrible.
hahaha beat me too it!

Old
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
If we give up Lovejoy I'll be quite upset. I haven't had this big of a mancrush on a minor league since Talbot.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
If we give up Lovejoy I'll be quite upset. I haven't had this big of a mancrush on a minor league since Talbot.
. . . . ok then!

Old
06-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Wes Mantooth

I like Lovejoy but dumping Dupuis could make Scuds easier to re-sign in which case makes Lovejoy easier to let go.

Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
SkullSplitter

Somehow I doubt this trade has been talked about by Shero and Fletch.

It just seems like someone putting together pieces- Shero needing to get rid of Dupuis and Lovejoy being Fletcher's guy.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I like Lovejoy but dumping Dupuis could make Scuds easier to re-sign in which case makes Lovejoy easier to let go.
This was my thought exactly. If we could sign Scuderi using money from the elimination of Dupuis, we don't need Scuderi II. Let's stick with the original. Oh, and please a couple young winger prospects back.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
It doesn't have to be this years picks. The Pens traded away a 4th rounder in the draft 2 years from now to get Garon. Waist of a damn pick that was. I could have played as much as he did after he was acquired.

I don't buy the rumor. I could see Fletcher being interested in Dupuis, though. I know Minnesota fans aren't real high on him, but Fletcher was part of Shero's staff and they were very high on Dupuis and that's why they gave him the contract they did last summer.

Maybe, Dupuis for a 4th, 2 years from now? It could replace the pick the Pens lost to Edmonton for Garon.
It's kinda hard to complain about the moves Shero made this season considering the result, don't you think?

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
Somehow I doubt this trade has been talked about by Shero and Fletch.

It just seems like someone putting together pieces- Shero needing to get rid of Dupuis and Lovejoy being Fletcher's guy.
It's possible it has been talked about...

Dupuis is probably a salary dump Fletcher would be taking on in this deal. I doubt he really wants him.

It is more Shero saying you want Lovejoy, I'll give him to you for such and such, but you need to take Dupuis in the deal.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 03:27 PM
oshjo75

As a Pens fan and watching Dupuis:

The only thing he is good for is speed. He has zero hands and is maybe a 10+ goal scorer per season. He is good on the forecheck and maybe on the penalty kill. He always comes down the left side of the ice and takes a stupid slapshot that is fast but almost never goes in. That is his only move and works about 5% of the time if that. I would love to see dupuis gone.

oshjo75 is offline   Reply With Quote