HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

toews

Old
06-19-2009, 02:06 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

vCash: 500
toews

First off congratulations on this past season. I do not know the contract situation on Jonathan Toews or anything but I love him as a player and would love to see him in a B's uni. This is why i'm a fan and not a GM but to me it is obvious kessel won't be back in Boston, how far off would a kessel for toews swap be? If not for kessel. What do Chicago fans think would start negotiations? I look forward to hearing back and will also respond when I am able to. Take care, enjoy the summer.

James in Boston.

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
First off congratulations on this past season. I do not know the contract situation on Jonathan Toews or anything but I love him as a player and would love to see him in a B's uni. This is why i'm a fan and not a GM but to me it is obvious kessel won't be back in Boston, how far off would a kessel for toews swap be? If not for kessel. What do Chicago fans think would start negotiations? I look forward to hearing back and will also respond when I am able to. Take care, enjoy the summer.

James in Boston.
You'd be way off pal. If we want Kessel we'll let Havlat walk and make Kessel an offer sheet. We're not going to trade our captain and best young player anytime soon.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 02:30 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
You'd be way off pal. If we want Kessel we'll let Havlat walk and make Kessel an offer sheet. We're not going to trade our captain and best young player anytime soon.
Isn't Kane your captain? I am probably wrong but I atleast thought he was. But yes I totally understand where you're coming from. I don't know call it fan admiration but I would love him in a B's uniform like I said and was just curious as to what people who see him everynight would think an even trade would be. If the answer is nothing than my apologies for starting a thread on it.

Old
06-19-2009, 02:35 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Ok before I get blasted I did look up the captain of your team and found out per usual that I was wrong. My bad.

Old
06-19-2009, 02:47 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
We appreciate the inquiry, but Toews isn't going anywhere. He is a RFA after the next season(09-10). He should be signed for a long term deal. Hopefully he'll get something similar to Mike Richards' deal (12 yrs. 69$ mil).

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 07:30 AM
bleedcubbieblue

interesting that you guys brought up kessel...

Cimaglia's article here states how:
Quote:
The Blackhawks could be a part of a significant trade or two. Certain general managers are more comfortable working together. Chicago general manager Dale Tallon has made deals with the Flyers and Bruins and both franchises have their own free agent salary cap dilemmas to work through.
then he goes on to say this:
Quote:
The Boston Bruins have a fine goal-scorer who they may be hard-pressed to re-sign. Center Phil Kessel is only 21 years old and was nemesis of Jonathan Toews while they were playing in college.

Kessel is not the most physical player but Joel Quenneville has a way of getting players to battle. Kessel is a restricted free agent who was a $2.2 million cap hit and will be due a raise for next season. If the Bruins look to spend in other places the Hawks could be interested in Kessel. Toews, Kessel and Dave Bolland would give Chicago solid depth at center.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/b...&name=cimaglia

bleedcubbieblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Blackwater13*

Toews and Kane aren't going anywhere.

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

What the heck could the Hawks offer that would even start the Bruins talking about moving Kessel... IMO they'd be asking for something too good - Seabrook, for instance - and everything is a non-starter.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
xicethug13x

toews is pretty much untouchable...i hope we sign him to a 12 year deal like someone posted earlier...
i would love to have kessel though...it would be great if we could sign him this off season....

id love to get kessel and lucic out of boston but not at the expense of toews

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
yellowtree

Toews and Kane are just the most skilled and talented forwards in the league.

yellowtree is offline   Reply With Quote