HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Losing Streak a blessing in disguise...

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 11:16 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Losing Streak a blessing in disguise...

IMO this losing streak is a blessing in disguise. No team can or could keep the pace the Habs were going at for a long period of time especially heading into the playoffs. I would much rather see Montreal hit the wall right now instead of hitting it in the playoffs and getting swept 1st round.

If anything this is a wake up call to CJ and the boys to show that hard work is needed game in and game out to win. The past two games have been two of the worse I have seen played by the boys in sometime.

CJ will get the boys working hard in practice and to get back to the system that has gotten them this far, plus he has to stick to his lines and quit the juggling act...chemistry will need to be the biggest thing focused on for the team to do well in the playoffs.

No one likes to lose, but we have done extremely well and we have been one of the hottest teams in the 2nd half. A little lapse is common and will happen to every team. Like I said it is a blessing in disguise, we couldn't and no other team in the league for that matter could keep up that winning pace heading into the playoffs and have to do it for 2 more months to win the Cup.

If you think about it we have been playing for a playoff spot for about 3 weeks and playing hard every game, we had to fall flat sometime...it has happened to Colorado & Tampa Bay! Why not us?

No one looked good tonight, you could see that we played and traveled last night. One win or tie is all we need, then some rest for some vets is needed and some good strategy sessions and practices for the Postseason is going to be the main focus for the Habs.

Its a blessing, trust me...the best is yet to come!

Stay true, don't lose faith.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:21 PM
4shelley4

hi

Well put, I can already see the people jumping off the Hab train thinkin they are done... we'll fool them when the habs raise lord stanley

Old
03-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Guy Caballero

Keep in mind, best and third-best defensemen out of the lineup, and Begin out. (Non-Hab fans may scoff at this, but those in the know realize how important this guy is to us every night.)

No biggie. We're in, and that's what matters. The first period we played tonight should have been enough to get us that first goal, and when we get it we're tough to beat. We faced an unexpectedly hot goalie, so we didn't get that first-period lead, but on any other night we might have and rode it to victory.

Don't freak, people. This has been a good team just about all year, and two losses aren't going to change that.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Keep in mind, best and third-best defensemen out of the lineup, and Begin out. (Non-Hab fans may scoff at this, but those in the know realize how important this guy is to us every night.)

No biggie. We're in, and that's what matters. The first period we played tonight should have been enough to get us that first goal, and when we get it we're tough to beat. We faced an unexpectedly hot goalie, so we didn't get that first-period lead, but on any other night we might have and rode it to victory.

Don't freak, people. This has been a good team just about all year, and two losses aren't going to change that.
another loss maybe just what we need. after losing streaks of three games or more, we have went on some pretty impressive runs. i still want to see a win over boston.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:35 PM
RE-HABS

Too many people over react to a loss or a two in a row...how fast they forget that we just went 14-1-1 in the last 16 before that!

What more can you ask for? Too much sometimes from some fans. 110% everynight would be great, but its hard to get that from 20 + players every game.

Another thing could be said here that not only did the team look bad and tired, but when Theo gets such a long layoff he plays bad too...the game wasn't his fault but he needs to play more like a Broduer or a Luongo(getting his 70 games per year)...after all he is the #1 and the go to guy for this team, CJ will see this soon enough. We all know no one else is going to be starting any playoff games right! So go with him, rest is Theo's worse enemy.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:40 PM
not quite yoda

It's true. Might as well get your losses now when the games don't mean a thing.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Aarex

Good thread

Old
03-25-2004, 11:46 PM
NWT Habs Fan

At last, a little sanity amongst the swarm of emotional reaction to only a second loss in a row. The sky is NOT falling, and the Habs will cruise into the playoffs. The team will rest up its few folk that are nursing some little aches and pains, and all will be normal again in Habland. Until then, I sure hope folks stop crying about CJ, who has individually done more than anyone else on the CH payroll to re-establish credibility to this franchise. And I, for one, am very thankful. Thanks CJ, keep up the good work for many years to come

Old
03-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Very nice thread RE-HABS. It's nice to people who can look at the big picture instead of just focusing on one game. I'm not really worried myself because as already mentioned our entire lineup was not intact. It's better to work out the kinks now as opposed to when you are down 2-3 games in the first round.

CJ will just use these last couple of games as more motivation and he will find a way to get the guys rolling for the long battle ahead!

GO HABS!!

Old
03-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Zednik

It might be a blessing for the Sabres... take a look: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=65069

Old
03-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Gros Bill

Good thread, Re-Hab, I agree whole-heartedly. The important thing is to be prepared, and hopefully rested when the playoffs start.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
IMO this losing streak is a blessing in disguise. No team can or could keep the pace the Habs were going at for a long period of time especially heading into the playoffs. I would much rather see Montreal hit the wall right now instead of hitting it in the playoffs and getting swept 1st round....

...Its a blessing, trust me...the best is yet to come!

RE-HABS, you make sooo much sense with this thread!

Old
03-26-2004, 08:26 AM
HabsoluteFate

I was telling people at work i dont care if montreal loses 2-3 of the next 3 games. as i told them i would rather see them get losing out of their systems now. They can start to pick it up again the following 3 games.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Darz

Gotta agree with RE-HABS on this. A team ain't gonig to go 71-5-5-1, so more than likely you are going to hit a couple 2 game losing steaks along the way. Let's iron out the bugs now instead of have this hit us for game #1 and game #2 of the playoffs.
My faith is never shaken!!!!!

Old
03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
NWT Habs Fan

2003-04: 40 wins and 90 points with 4 games to go

2002-03: 30 wins 77 points after 82 games

...and people are crying the blues!! Meanwhile, in the frozen North, my Habs pride has not run this strong in a long time. Great job BG, wonderful coaching CJ, and nice to see the players taking pride in the CH again. Superb season and looking forward to those playoffs and the exciting years to come!!

Old
03-26-2004, 12:30 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Great job BG, wonderful coaching CJ, and nice to see the players taking pride in the CH again. Superb season and looking forward to those playoffs and the exciting years to come!!
Exactly!

Old
03-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Corey

Quote:
IMO this losing streak is a blessing in disguise. No team can or could keep the pace the Habs were going at for a long period of time especially heading into the playoffs. I would much rather see Montreal hit the wall right now instead of hitting it in the playoffs and getting swept 1st round.

No one looked good tonight, you could see that we played and traveled last night. One win or tie is all we need, then some rest for some vets is needed and some good strategy sessions and practices for the Postseason is going to be the main focus for the Habs.

Its a blessing, trust me...the best is yet to come!

It's hardly a blessing. It comes at a time when injuries are starting to crop up, putting a strain on the team.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:02 PM
jacklours

I totally agree with you Re-Habs, and I was totally hoping that something like that would happen to us pretty soon, I believe it's perfect timing.

Old
03-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Well as much as I believed in that idea of "losing may be a good thing right now" I think that winning is better lol but ya, i know what you guys mean

P.S. OK we know habs rock, stop repeating the same general message & talking about how great this thread is :p doh! I just did

Closed Thread