HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Q&A with Christian Larrivee posted

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Q&A with Christian Larrivee posted

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6806

I'll post some comments on the game later.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Good stuff.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:05 AM
penopekoo

Thanks HollyG!

Lots of content, I like it.

Do you think Larrivee will be with the Dogs next season (if there is one)? There might be room, but with all the new players we need to sign it might be difficult to find him a spot. I suppose a lot depends on whether players like Higgins, Perezhogin, etc. can make the next step.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6806

I'll post some comments on the game later.
Chicoutimi

I think Larrivee can be a good depth player, will probably never play in the NHL, but could be a good AHLer. We will see, he may surprise me.. and a lot of people!

Old
03-28-2004, 11:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
Thanks HollyG!

Lots of content, I like it.

Do you think Larrivee will be with the Dogs next season (if there is one)? There might be room, but with all the new players we need to sign it might be difficult to find him a spot. I suppose a lot depends on whether players like Higgins, Perezhogin, etc. can make the next step.

Depends how he does at camp and what the roste looks like cause there's several players that aren't under contract in Hamilton, so it will be interesting to see who's resigned, and who's not.

Gratton, Dwyer, Traverse, Fichaud, Michaud, Damphousse, Hossa, Hainsey, Cote, Plante, Carpentier, Thinel, Marios, all are without a contract next season, I believe. So Larrivee should get a look for sure, but it depends on how he does at camp and who's in the lineup.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
Do you think Larrivee will be with the Dogs next season (if there is one)?
If he plays like he did last night, sure. But it does concern me that only once in six viewings did he look like he was bringing everything he had to the game (four of which were after Christmas btw). When he's playing well he's going into traffic, hitting, and pursuing the puck. When he's not, he's just merely there. It's all up to him. He has the skill for it, the question is if he has the desire.

Shasby was a scratch again. I don't think his play deserves it though.

Archer was OK, nothing spectacular. I bet he was pretty surprised to be on PP. He actually as a pretty good slapshot, nice and hard, though not always accurate. His assist was off a point shot that was put back on the rebound. He had some good hits, kept the puck in the zone well. He could stand to work on puckhandling and defensive zone coverage. Was paired with veteran Ruman Ndur most of the night.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
How is that kid for the Peterbourough Pete's doing? yeah Mark Flood and Yan Danis how are they doing how do they look... you think your next interview could be one of those guys?
I only cover the ECHL (and Thrashers prospects). Maybe someone else.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
How is that kid for the Peterbourough Pete's doing? yeah Mark Flood and Yan Danis how are they doing how do they look... you think your next interview could be one of those guys?

BTW for some reason, I think that Korneev, Flood both have the ability to be real good o-style D-men in the nhl... how far off are they... I'm sure we'd be happy to add both of them for PP reasons would be amazing for depth also... how good are there Hockey Senses?

I was reading the CHL Prospect magazines and they had Sickest prospects in the OHL for End to End rushes by a D and Flood was an honourable mention so how talented are these kids thanks man

Flood hasn't played a game yet, but has been with the team for around a week now. Danis hasn't played yet, but was the backup yesterday. Jarvis said he plans on using him at some point in the next few games. Danis has been working with Rollie the goalie all week according to Jarvis's pregame interview the other day. I tried to interview Flood, but that kid is hard to get hold of, so after many attempts I gave up (same with Danny Stewart) I will try and interview Danis when the season is over, as the playoffs are right around the corner, so I won't interview any players until their season is over. I have contact the Habs management about an interview with Trevor Timmins, and they said they will try and set one up when he gets back from the road (I told them there's no rush as I know he's busy with the draft not too far away)

Korneev and Flood both have a lot skill, but there's some concern for their size. I'd like to see them both in Hamilton next year to see how they handle the bigger, stronger players, that will be a real test for them both. But they are both very young at 19, so they have a few years to improve their game.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:40 PM
penopekoo

I think there's a possibility Jarvis will start Danis today.

This would be Damphousse's third game in as many days, and he didn't look too sharp yesterday. Seems like the perfect opportunity to give Yann a shot.

Closed Thread