HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

HankPank's Mock Draft- Rumors/ Trade Thread-READ THE RULES 1st POST B4 POSTING

Old
06-20-2009, 03:42 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Franchise Centre

vCash: 500
Again please send me your offers for the 6th overall pick ! And no I am not interested in Jason Spezza Boss_7

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Darren Dregger: My sources tell me that Scott and Rob Niedermayer would like to be playing for the same team next season much like the Sedin twins. I hear Rob is looking for a deal roughly around 2 yrs/2.8 million while Scott is expected to go for the same amount of years at around 6.75 million. They would both like to stay in Anaheim and feel they can contribute on a high level to a contending team, but sources say the Ducks just might pass up on the brothers.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:50 PM
AlexMaz

Eklund: Apparently Ovechkin may be on the move.

AlexMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Chris Pronger may be on the trade block

Old
06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

vCash: 50
There is something up with HFBoards, Vancouver we made a better offer. We will put it on the table in 20 minutes, it will not involve the 9th pick. Change that to the 22nd pick. Also we will give you 81st pick along with it. Thank you, PM me, I will check back in 20 minutes.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Is anyone experiencing difficulties with HFboards, I can't send PMs or anything.

Old
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Yeah seems to be messed up.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

have ended talks with Phoenix Coyotes, Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks and the Washington Capitals. Either asking price was too low or too high or lack of interest. Spezza is back on the market due to trade offers that are coming in.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Doug Weight wants one last run at the Stanley Cup before he retires. Isle's will be looking for a draft pick to come along their way.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Bob Mackenzie: Yeah I'm hearing rumors of Doug Weight going to the Ottawa Senators. I guess if it's true, there's no rebuild in the near future for Ottawa. I guess the Spezza rumors were all bogus.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

are happy to add veteran leadership to their team and a 56th pick from the Islanders. We do intend to make a Cup run next year, we are confident. It would have been great for the organization to bolster their defense over this trade period, but we feel confident that Karlsson will come help us next season.

2008-2009 was a disappointing season for the Ottawa Senators, but we expect great things next year. Doug Weight makes our top two lines stronger than ever, now we will be looking for Gagne to move on the Hodgson line, and we will promote D. Weight to the first line to play along with Alfy and Spez.

We would have liked to have acquired a first round pick this year, we will still make that our goal. However, if we do not, we will not be disappointed. Our owners are happy, our coach is happy to see a new team put together. A great day to be a Senator's fan.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Al Strachan: I'm hearing all kinds of rumors, after the great acquisition by Murray to acquire Cody Hodgson that they plan on inserting him into the lineup for the upcoming season. Cody is a great talent but it's obvious he isn't NHL ready and this would definately ruin his development.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Morrison: Word from Anaheim is that Francois Beauchemin has been offered a 4 yr contract at 3.7 million per year by the Ducks. Although there are no UFA signing until after the draft, I think that is a quite accurate number.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Senators GM: People are saying Hodgson's development will be ruined if he plays for the Ottawa Senators next year. However, we certainly do not think so. We will see how he does over pre-season, he has had 6 points in 11 games in the AHL playoffs, and that to us shows something. A new player coming into the post-season and accumulating that many points shows us great signs. It shows that he does have potential, and secondly it shows that coaches put trust in him to allow him to play in big games. We are confident that he will be able to play, and having Gagne and VanRiemsdyk on his line will help a lot in the future. He gets a young skilled player and an All-Star along his side. However, throughout the year, we will try to switch lines to get the best combination.

Last edited by Tonka: 06-20-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old
06-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Darren Dregger: What is going on in Ottawa folks? No wonder the team plummeted in just a few years. They make this great acquisition of getting Cody Hodgson, all of a sudden Murray says he will play in the NHL next year. That to me is horrible and will ruin this kid's career. To top it off The Senators think he's played in the AHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_7 View Post
he has had 6 points in 11 games in the AHL playoffs.
We all know he has played in the OHL, but AHL?

Bob Mackenzie: Yeah I totally agree Darren. 1 step forward 2 steps back for the Ottawa Senators. I mean it just doesn't make any sense to rush this kid. I mean if you want to go for the cup, get other pieces but don't ruin this kid.

Old
06-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Pierre McGuire: I totally disagree. Look, Cody Hodgson he has gotten the CHL player of the year award! He has done well in the AHL post season! This kid has pure talent! He will boost the Ottawa line up! This kid is a monster! It makes no sense why people argue Jonathan Tavares is ready next year, and not Hodgson. People argued Hodgson played better than Tavares in the WJ and that is debatable. As far as I am concerned, good for Ottawa! Good for the fans! They want to see this kid in a Sens jersey next year!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96546

Old
06-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Bob Mackenzie: Performing in the juniors is one thing. The list of players who were stars in junior and then NHL no bodies is longer than Yonge St. We know Hodgson will be an impact player in the NHL, one day, but he has to adjust his size and game for it. And that takes time. I mean what happens when he's on the ice, everything's faster and all of a sudden Ryan Hollweg plummets you from behind?

Last edited by Poggemon Destiny*: 06-20-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old
06-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Pierre McGuire: Well Bob, look at Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuk and when they came into the league. Ottawa has strong support, and Hodgson is a big man. Stamkos came in last year, he struggled at the beginning, but look what happened! If anything, this will be a learning year for Cody Hodgson. Perhaps, he will be a key player in the playoffs next year for the Senators.

Old
06-20-2009, 06:16 PM
danishh

Wayne Scanlan, Ottawa Citizen interviews Cory Clouston

Scanlan: Cory, what do you think of the work your GM has done for you here today.
Clouston: Well, Dany wanting out was disappointing, but I love the return he got for him. Combined with trading our pick for more NHL-ready talent, i'm very happy.

Scanlan: Where do you see your new players fitting into the lineup?
Clouston: Well, i dont think it's a good idea to leave the young guys on their own. If Cody plays, I think we'll play him with (3rd year LW) Foligno and Alfie. They should be able to teach him a bit and take some of the pressure off of him. Simon will replace Heatley on Spezza's wing, and either James or Dougie will be on Spezza's other wing. If the chemistry works out, i expect fisher, regin, and shannon to play on the 3rd line in a checking role, but shannon could be replaced by weight if james proves to be NHL-ready.

Scanlan: There are a number of extra guys on your roster. How do you think this works out after training camp?
Clouston: Up front we have a ton of depth now. Regin, James, Cody (bass) and Cody (hodgson) can be sent down to binghamton if need be. I like the idea of keeping schubie around as a swingman, as when he does play as a forward, he is still useful on the PK as a defenceman. I'm sure we'll find some space for Sean as well, as he brings a vetran presence to our bottom 6. On defence, we're a little thin, but i've asked our GM to go out and get some help in free agency.

Scanlan: Any guesses on line combinations?
Clouston: sure

Gagne-Spezza-Weight
Foligno-Hodgson-Alfredsson
Regin-Fisher-Shannon
Winchester-Bass-Donovan
ex. Schubert, JVR (minors)

Kuba-Campoli
Phillips-Volchenkov
Picard-Bell

Leclaire
Auld
(emery buyout)

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 06:23 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Franchise Centre

Bob McKenzie: The Pittsburgh Penguins may be considering moving Malkin or Crosby to not only make cap space but to also solidfy some other parts of the hockey team .

We are considering moving the 30th overall picks and other picks and prospects or young players for wingers guys ! offerplease

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Wayne Scanlan, Ottawa Citizen interviews Cory Clouston

Scanlan: Cory, what do you think of the work your GM has done for you here today.
Clouston: Well, Dany wanting out was disappointing, but I love the return he got for him. Combined with trading our pick for more NHL-ready talent, i'm very happy.

Scanlan: Where do you see your new players fitting into the lineup?
Clouston: Well, i dont think it's a good idea to leave the young guys on their own. If Cody plays, I think we'll play him with (3rd year LW) Foligno and Alfie. They should be able to teach him a bit and take some of the pressure off of him. Simon will replace Heatley on Spezza's wing, and either James or Dougie will be on Spezza's other wing. If the chemistry works out, i expect fisher, regin, and shannon to play on the 3rd line in a checking role, but shannon could be replaced by weight if james proves to be NHL-ready.

Scanlan: There are a number of extra guys on your roster. How do you think this works out after training camp?
Clouston: Up front we have a ton of depth now. Regin, James, Cody (bass) and Cody (hodgson) can be sent down to binghamton if need be. I like the idea of keeping schubie around as a swingman, as when he does play as a forward, he is still useful on the PK as a defenceman. I'm sure we'll find some space for Sean as well, as he brings a vetran presence to our bottom 6. On defence, we're a little thin, but i've asked our GM to go out and get some help in free agency.

Scanlan: Any guesses on line combinations?
Clouston: sure

Gagne-Spezza-Weight
Foligno-Hodgson-Alfredsson
Regin-Fisher-Shannon
Winchester-Bass-Donovan
ex. Schubert, JVR (minors)

Kuba-Campoli
Phillips-Volchenkov
Picard-Bell

Leclaire
Auld
(emery buyout)
Very in depth discussion Ottawa Senators were in search for a defensman, but as of now we are unsure of who to move and who not to move. We do not want to give up too many assets. We'd like to bring Karlsson and influence him to play in North America. We will try to bring him into spring training camp and see how he does in the AHL. At first we were trying to see if we can bring him into the NHL next year, but it seems uncertain.

Last edited by Tonka: 06-20-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old
06-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Anaheim's GM approached Senators with a deal involving Chris Pronger.

Last edited by Tonka: 06-20-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old
06-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

52nd overall, 84th overall, and Mitch Fadden

26th overall

Old
06-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankPank View Post
Morrison: Word from Anaheim is that Francois Beauchemin has been offered a 4 yr contract at 3.7 million per year by the Ducks. Although there are no UFA signing until after the draft, I think that is a quite accurate number.
Don't count Ottawa Senators out of the race.

Old
06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Pierre McGuire: Wow TB has just acquired their 4th 1st rounder in this talented draft year. It's cost them some 2nds and 3rds but they've definately front loaded. Not to mention they still hold the 2nd overall. Monster.