HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

HOT 3-Way (Heatley)!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2009, 11:54 AM
  #1
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
HOT 3-Way (Heatley)!!!

Assuming NYI drafts Hedman...

To Ottawa: 2nd overall, Higgins

To Montreal: Lecavalier

To TB: Heatley, Plekanec, McDonagh, 18th overall

Even?

Edit: Added McDonagh to TB


Last edited by sensfan83*: 06-20-2009 at 12:18 PM.
sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:01 PM
  #2
Lemons
Registered User
 
Lemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
as a habs fan i'd do it. but Tampa gets *****.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:03 PM
  #3
It Kills Me
Registered User
 
It Kills Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 500
Lol, a hot three way?

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:03 PM
  #4
Jared Cowen
Registered User
 
Jared Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sens Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
terrible for Tampa, maybe if they get OTT's 9th overall and OTT gets the 18th instead and maybe a 2nd tier prospect.

Jared Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
  #5
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,006
vCash: 500
tampa loses out huge giving up lecavalier for heatley... then you also want to shaft them by saying plekanec is enough to jump from 18 to 2 in the draft????????

you think heatley with his overpaid contract and demands to be dealt is not only worth the second but also higgens too?

definitely works for ottawa...

im certain montreal would do the deal

you really are screwing tampa over big time though

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
  #6
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,250
vCash: 500
So let's say Heatley for Lecavalier is relatively even, that means Tampa gets Plekanec + 18th for 2nd overall? Yikes.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:05 PM
  #7
cedouimet
Registered User
 
cedouimet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ville-Emard LaSalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
Well despite not beeing a centre, i think HEATLEY is comparable to lecavalier...Lecavalier is more of a leadership and presence, but Heatley will put up more pts on the scoring board.

So it Bring it down to 2nd overall for Plekanec and 18 OA...not THAT bad, but definitly think they can get a better offer for the 2nd.

HOWEVER, if they make a better deal for the 2nd OA, they won't probably get a player like HEATLEY for Lecavalier...

SO overall i think that might be a deal for all three teams.
Let's see what everyone thinks!

cedouimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:06 PM
  #8
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 500
mon needs to add more to going to Tampa
Higgins+Plekanec + 18th overall isnt enough for Lecavalier....

but lets look at why tampa wants to trade Lecavalier.... his contract is it big and long.. Heatley's isnt much better so way they do this...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:06 PM
  #9
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Why does Ottawa do this, exactly? Higgins is overrated and isn't he a FA going to the Island anyway?

Plus, as a practical matter, why do we want Tampa's #2 overall at the price of Heatley; when apparently we could get, at worst, Gilbert/O Sullivan/10th overall.

Like... really.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:08 PM
  #10
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
hmmm... fans from every team hate it... i think we have a winner!!

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
  #11
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Why does Ottawa do this, exactly? Higgins is overrated and isn't he a FA going to the Island anyway?

Plus, as a practical matter, why do we want Tampa's #2 overall at the price of Heatley; when apparently we could get, at worst, Gilbert/O Sullivan/10th overall.

Like... really.
Yes, why do we want another potential franchise centre when a team with two franchise centres just won the cup?

Also, Higgins may be overrated, but he's still better than O'Sullivan.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
  #12
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
ottawa: Heatley for 2nd overall and Higgins
tampa: Lecavalier for Heatley, Plekanec, 18th overall
montreal: Plekanec, Higgins, 18th overall for Lecavalier

how the hell is montreal getting vinnie for a 2nd liner, a 3rd liner, and a mid 1st round pick?

Honestly, i think the habs should be adding maxpac going to tampa.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
  #13
evilstanley
Registered User
 
evilstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: montréal, stie
Country: Hungary
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
crack kills

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:12 PM
  #14
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
hmmm... fans from every team hate it... i think we have a winner!!
If you want a three way trade, do it with teams that make sense. The whole concept of a trade involving Montreal with Ottawa/Tampa involved doesn't.

Especially since, as a practical matter, Ottawa/Tampa could always just flip Lecavelier and Heatley, both similar ages and similar status; and Heatley is a winger (whereas Lecavelier, being a center), does theoretically help Tampa out.

If that doesn't appease either team, much more likely is them making individual trades. If you absolutely have to see them making a trade with each other, remove Montreal from the mix.

Reality is Montreal doesn't really make things "interesting" for either team, and, it's not like the either the Sens or Habs will look forward to improving a divisional rival.

Teams like LA or Chicago make sense to be involved in three way trades, where they have lots of young assets.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:13 PM
  #15
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Honestly, i think the habs should be adding maxpac going to tampa.
Consensus seems to be Habs aren't giving up enough and TB is getting the shaft, so maybe this could work...

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
  #16
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
as a habs fan i'd do it. but Tampa gets *****.
Well, that's what happens during a hot 3-way

Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:17 PM
  #17
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
To Ottawa: 2nd overall, Higgins

To Montreal: Lecavalier

To TB: Heatley, Plekanec, 18th overall

Even?
so Montreal gives up basically nothing of value and gets VL??? That's pretty retarded. Why not just take the Habs and the picks out of it and just make it DH for VL. That's probably fair but I still don't understand why TBL would do it, they want to shed salary and big named players, not take on more.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:17 PM
  #18
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Consensus seems to be Habs aren't giving up enough and TB is getting the shaft, so maybe this could work...
Your proposal:
To Ottawa: 2nd overall, Higgins

To Montreal: Lecavalier

To TB: Heatley, Plekanec, 18th overall

What this means, in people terms:
Tampa loses 2nd overall, Lecavelier
Montreal loses Higgins, Plekanec and 18th overall
Ottawa loses Heatley

For you to "buy" this is a fair trade, you need to basically assume that from Ottawa's perspective Heatley is worth 2nd overall and Higgins (which, I don't think you can - especially if it's Tavares, who at best can one day hope to become as good as Heatley); for Tampa Bay (who, while Heatley and Lecavelier might be a wash, is giving up the 2nd round pick) and for Montreal (who managed to give up 18th/Plekanec/Higgins for Lecavelier; something they probably wouldn't be able to achieve in a straight up trade).

I think the big winner here would be Montreal, while Ottawa, due to the improvement to its divisional rival, is the big loser. Tampa loses too.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:20 PM
  #19
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
tried to even things out... see edited OP

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
  #20
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
ottawa: Heatley for 2nd overall and Higgins
tampa: Lecavalier + 2nd overall pick for Heatley, Plekanec, 18th overall
montreal: Plekanec, Higgins, 18th overall for Lecavalier

how the hell is montreal getting vinnie for a 2nd liner, a 3rd liner, and a mid 1st round pick?

Honestly, i think the habs should be adding maxpac going to tampa.


There, I fixed what TBL gives up to get Heatley foe you, you forgot that they had to include their #2 pick too.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
  #21
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Why does Ottawa do this, exactly? Higgins is overrated and isn't he a FA going to the Island anyway?

Plus, as a practical matter, why do we want Tampa's #2 overall at the price of Heatley; when apparently we could get, at worst, Gilbert/O Sullivan/10th overall.

Like... really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
If you want a three way trade, do it with teams that make sense. The whole concept of a trade involving Montreal with Ottawa/Tampa involved doesn't.

Especially since, as a practical matter, Ottawa/Tampa could always just flip Lecavelier and Heatley, both similar ages and similar status; and Heatley is a winger (whereas Lecavelier, being a center), does theoretically help Tampa out.

If that doesn't appease either team, much more likely is them making individual trades. If you absolutely have to see them making a trade with each other, remove Montreal from the mix.

Reality is Montreal doesn't really make things "interesting" for either team, and, it's not like the either the Sens or Habs will look forward to improving a divisional rival.

Teams like LA or Chicago make sense to be involved in three way trades, where they have lots of young assets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Your proposal:
To Ottawa: 2nd overall, Higgins

To Montreal: Lecavalier

To TB: Heatley, Plekanec, 18th overall

What this means, in people terms:
Tampa loses 2nd overall, Lecavelier
Montreal loses Higgins, Plekanec and 18th overall
Ottawa loses Heatley

For you to "buy" this is a fair trade, you need to basically assume that from Ottawa's perspective Heatley is worth 2nd overall and Higgins (which, I don't think you can - especially if it's Tavares, who at best can one day hope to become as good as Heatley); for Tampa Bay (who, while Heatley and Lecavelier might be a wash, is giving up the 2nd round pick) and for Montreal (who managed to give up 18th/Plekanec/Higgins for Lecavelier; something they probably wouldn't be able to achieve in a straight up trade).

I think the big winner here would be Montreal, while Ottawa, due to the improvement to its divisional rival, is the big loser. Tampa loses too.
I get it, you don't like the trade... quit cluttering up my hot 3-way with the same opinion over and over

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:23 PM
  #22
Tyler Myers
Registered User
 
Tyler Myers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
the whole point of trading vinny is because tampa cant afford it, trading for heatley makes sense?

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:26 PM
  #23
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
tried to even things out... see edited OP
Honestly, I think you're missing the one big problem:
Ottawa sees zero benefit in making this trade. It improves a divisional rival, does not address organizational needs (even if the Islanders don't take Hedman), and is placing too much faith in a prospect.

For this deal to work, you would need to do something like this:

Habs give up: Ryan McDonough, Alex Tanguay, Jan Halak (or Carey Price), 18th Overall
Tampa Bay gives up: Vincent Lecavelier, 2nd Overall
Ottawa gives up: Dany Heatley, Alexander Picard

Habs Get: Vincent Lecavelier, Alexander Picard
Ottawa Gets: Alex Tanguay, Jan Halak (or Carey Price), 2nd Overall
Tampa Gets: Dany Heatley, Ryan McDonough, 18th Overall

That's probably what you'd be looking at.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:27 PM
  #24
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
the whole point of trading vinny is because tampa cant afford it, trading for heatley makes sense?
35mil (31mil if Ottawa pays bonus) < 85mil.

TB also gets an affordable 2nd line center and a potential cheap #1 dman.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:30 PM
  #25
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
tried to even things out... see edited OP
That's a little bit better but you still havent answered why TBL would do this. If they want to trade VL because they looking to rebuild and want to shed high priced vets then why on gods green earth would they trade VL just to get back another high priced vet??? Also trading the #2 pick is counter productive to a rebuild don't you think???


The point is that TBL can probably get JJ + #5 pick + another good prospect from the LAK for VL if they want and TBL would STILL keep the #2 pick. Even if TBL could then turn around an trade DH to LAK for the same package they could get for VL it would still be better for to keep the #2 pick than trade it for the #18 pick, Plekanec and McDonagh.

Last, the Sens can most likely get far more for Heatley than just the #2 pick and Higgins so they wouldn't do this either.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.