HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton vs St Johns 3-26

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 07:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Hamilton vs St Johns 3-26

I'm switching from the Rocket game to the Hamilton game. (radio only)

I think it's Damphousse in nets, none of the new guys are playing according to theahl.com, but they should have Jarvis's pregame comments soon.

Edit: Jarvis on Danis in pratice, "very quick, quick reactions". He says he plans on getting Danis into some action at some point this season, but it's unclear when he'll put him in as he wants to take it game by game.

Also said the same for Flood and Robinson.

Last edited by montreal: 03-26-2004 at 07:14 PM.
Old
03-26-2004, 07:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Vydareny gets his first as a dog, unless it was deflected.

It was tipped. Perezhogin 19 (Vydareny Pleks)

Old
03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
They gave it to Perez.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Whats your thoughts on Vydareny Montreal. You seem to be the prospect guru around here

Any chance he will make an impact in nhl. I could see him as a fith or sixth offensive D, being used on the pp.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
They gave it to Perez.
I like

Old
03-26-2004, 07:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Whats your thoughts on Vydareny Montreal. You seem to be the prospect guru around here

Any chance he will make an impact in nhl. I could see him as a fith or sixth offensive D, being used on the pp.

Can't really say, only seen him once. Great skater with good speed. Not very physical. Seems a tad shaky in his own end. Plays somewhat like Dykhuis perhaps, but that's from one game when he was with the Moose.

Dogs 2-0 Carpentier (Gratton)

Old
03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

3-2 Dogs. Plekanec (Somveri Plante)

Pleks now has 55 pts this year, after getting 47 last year.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Perezhogin gets his 20th of the year!!!

Perezhogin 20 (Pleks Traverse)

2 goals for Perezhogin, 3 points for Pleks.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
congrats to Perez, what an amazing tear he has been on.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

If he can carry this hot steak in the play-off and at the beginning of the next season, maybe he will be able to win a spot with the Habs...I would like that!

Bravo to him...

Old
03-26-2004, 09:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
If he can carry this hot steak in the play-off and at the beginning of the next season, maybe he will be able to win a spot with the Habs...I would like that!

Bravo to him...

If there's a season, Perezhogin should see a few games with the Habs at some point.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Razorblade

Last night's game for the Dogs was quite good, looked like a better all around team since the last home game, despite no new players in the lineup. Perezhogin's goals were nice, but Plekanec's goal was a lazer beam, wow what a shot.

The Dogs could easily have blown out the Leafs, as their goalie (Racine) was not sharp at all. On that note, the way Damphousse played last night was incredible, definitely one of his best games of the year. Very solid, I'm pretty sure he will be the no.1 in the playoffs, but if he does falter, Danis could take over, as it sounds like Jarvis is quite high on him.

I though Vydareny played really well last night, he's an excellent skater, looked a lot more confident then previous games, may just be finding his spot. Somervuori and Ovelstad were buzzing as usual, always creating chances, as well as Dwyer, who is playing extremely well. The only guy who frustrated me last night was Hossa, you can see the potential is still there, but the effort isn't consistent.

The game was definitely one of the highlights of the year, a 15000 + crowd, a slew of alumni (inlcuding the great Pat Quinn ), and a good win for the Dogs, definitely good motivation for the playoffs.

Old
03-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
Last night's game for the Dogs was quite good, looked like a better all around team since the last home game, despite no new players in the lineup. Perezhogin's goals were nice, but Plekanec's goal was a lazer beam, wow what a shot.

The Dogs could easily have blown out the Leafs, as their goalie (Racine) was not sharp at all. On that note, the way Damphousse played last night was incredible, definitely one of his best games of the year. Very solid, I'm pretty sure he will be the no.1 in the playoffs, but if he does falter, Danis could take over, as it sounds like Jarvis is quite high on him.

I though Vydareny played really well last night, he's an excellent skater, looked a lot more confident then previous games, may just be finding his spot. Somervuori and Ovelstad were buzzing as usual, always creating chances, as well as Dwyer, who is playing extremely well. The only guy who frustrated me last night was Hossa, you can see the potential is still there, but the effort isn't consistent.

The game was definitely one of the highlights of the year, a 15000 + crowd, a slew of alumni (inlcuding the great Pat Quinn ), and a good win for the Dogs, definitely good motivation for the playoffs.
Good game. The ambiance was terrific as was the play. Usually there are less than 5000 in the stands. Nice to hear all that noise from the 15000 on hand.

I agree with you about Hossa. Talk about enigmatic...Why do I get the feeling he would rather be elsewhere? He didn't seem all that interested. I'm no GM but maybe something should be done with him this summer one way or another...

I had seen Vydareny quite a few times with Manitoba and he seems to have integrated fairly well with his new team. His defensive zone play is still something of an adventure though, IMHO. If Jarvis got Hainsey to listen, I'm sure Vydareny will too.

Old
03-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Corey

So Balej's departure doesn't mean the Bulldogs are left weaponless. Good.

Old
03-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
So Balej's departure doesn't mean the Bulldogs are left weaponless. Good.
I wouldn't say weaponless but the team looked and played different without him. Balej was a constant threat and gave a solid effort. Hossa could be that kind of player if he had half of Balej's heart...

Closed Thread