HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks - Sharks

Old
06-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Moore Money

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
Ya Mason Raymond is not a good player. Canuck fans need to start accepting this.
Accept what? He is not worth Marleau? sure that's true but it doesn't make him a bad player.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
If he's going to be in San Jose "beyond the end of next season", then obviously he isn't going to be available for a trade this summer, San Jose won't be giving him away at all, and this entire thread is pointless..
Have I said any different then? I believe I've been saying the same thing in the countless other "Marleau for our garbage" threads.

I don't believe he will be traded, nor do I believe he should be. There, better?

His NTC is a large part of that too.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

If that's what San Jose wants for Marleau (one of my favourite players), I say '**** you, no take backs' and sign the damn agreement faster than you can say 'bent over'.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
As been said

Luongo is now a rentel as well--so--how about Matt Greene for Luongo?
Matt Greene is a 1st pairing defenseman like Marleau is a 1st line forward? I see your point, but bad example.

But to the OP's thread suggestion; Shark's would only think about dealing Marleau if a far more proven/established decent player was involved (and I said "think about").

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:51 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
why do we need to accept that a 23 YO player that has shown tremendous signs in his development, playing his best hockey of his career so far in the playoffs, is not going to develop any further than the player he is right now??

he might not have much value on the trade market, but you've got to be pretty new to hockey to assume that a player at that age, who's shown the talent that he has, is not going to develop any further at all.

He was one of the Canucks better players in his first playoffs ever. Writing him off now would be insane!
We just see so many players like him. Fast guys who show flashes of greatness (mainly in the preseason) that lead us to believe that they will become something great but it rarely works out that way.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:56 PM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donJones View Post
Lets try once more...

To Canucks:
Patrick Marleau 6,300 (2010 UFA)<- if he waive his NTC

To Sharks:
Mason Raymond 0,833 (2010 RFA)
1st round pick (22nd overall)

Please be gentle...
I don't think that's enough for Marleau - as i'm GM DW i want a higher first round pick (which i can get with LAK). If it's the 22nd overall, i'd want another player/prospect also...

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
We just see so many players like him. Fast guys who show flashes of greatness (mainly in the preseason) that lead us to believe that they will become something great but it rarely works out that way.
He showed his ''flashes of greatness'' near the end of the season AND in the post-season. Stop commenting, please.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:18 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
He showed his ''flashes of greatness'' near the end of the season AND in the post-season. Stop commenting, please.
Holy cow that means he is consistant!

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Holy cow that means he is consistant!
no, that means that he's not a write-off at 23 after playing a season and a half in the league.

Raymond has definitely shown enough to consider him a young player with still more upside. He's just shown too much improvement in the areas that no one thought he'd be able to contribute in, to think that he's hit his peak as a player.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:50 PM
God
Free Citizen

this is dumb cause losing Marleau and replacing him with Raymond doesn't get them out of the first or second round

neither does the first round pick

God is offline   Reply With Quote