HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We Clinched We Clinched!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 02:57 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
We Clinched We Clinched!!!

How about we stop all this player bashing and realize that these players just clinched a berth into the 2004 NHL playoffs. I don't know about youguys but I have box seats and I'm getting playoff fever!!

Old
03-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
I am happy about clinching a spot, but we have to play much better than we have been lately to make it past the first round.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:10 AM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
I am happy about clinching a spot, but we have to play much better than we have been lately to make it past the first round.
I'll say it again. A season is 82 games!! We can't be perfect in all of these games!!!!!!!!!

We were amazing during approx. 20 games and we have 3 normal games and suddenly, everything has changed!

This is getting lame. And this is one of the reason I've almost stop writing at these forums now. It seems that 4 people on 5 here are young people that are just here to bash everyone after one lost!

I remember, just after our 1st lost this week, seeing someone creates a thread about our main problems and that we have to fix them right now.... This was our 1st lost in regulation time in near 15 games and almost everyone agreed with him....

Old
03-28-2004, 11:13 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I'll say it again. A season is 82 games!! We can't be perfect in all of these games!!!!!!!!!

We were amazing during approx. 20 games and we have 3 normal games and suddenly, everything has changed!

This is getting lame.
So true, playoffs are another season same as two years ago when we entered the playoffs with two consecutive losses.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:13 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD
How about we stop all this player bashing and realize that these players just clinched a berth into the 2004 NHL playoffs. I don't know about youguys but I have box seats and I'm getting playoff fever!!
Right on!!! The Habs had a brutal schedule recently, lost their top D man and proceeded to go on a tear, lost twice in regulation ina 15 game span, clinched last night in a OT loss and yet some guys still can't seem to be happy??? Way to go Habs... Personally I am very happy, and I think Kovalev will pay dividends in the playoffs!!!

Old
03-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Bud The Spud*

Quote:

This is getting lame. And this is one of the reason I've almost stop writing at these forums now. It seems that 4 people on 5 here are young people that are just here to bash everyone after one lost!

I remember, just after our 1st lost this week, seeing someone creates a thread about our main problems and that we have to fix them right now.... This was our 1st lost in regulation time in near 15 games and almost everyone agreed with him....
Dude, relax. I am not saying that we suck all of a sudden. If you've ever read my posts, you'd notice I am always optimistic.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Bud The Spud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Right on!!! The Habs had a brutal schedule recently, lost their top D man and proceeded to go on a tear, lost twice in regulation ina 15 game span, clinched last night in a OT loss and yet some guys still can't seem to be happy??? Way to go Habs... Personally I am very happy, and I think Kovalev will pay dividends in the playoffs!!!
If you are referring to me with "some guys still can't seem to be happy, newflash I'm a female and secondly, I said that I was happy about clinching a spot.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:07 PM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
The days when getting into the playoffs was ho-hum are long gone. It shows how far the mighty have fallen when Hab fans are so exicted about making the playoffs since 16 teams out of 30 get there.
In my opinion, the Habs will not go far in the playoffs. As was witnessed last night against the Bruins, we are simply way too small up front. I think the Habs will lose their first series because of this lack of size up front. Of course, having Souray sidelined will show more deficiencies on the backside. Brisebois seemed to be reverting back to his former self giving the puck away several times.
I was really impressed by Ward, Theodore, Dowd, and Boullion's play all night. Kudos to Perreault for trying to take off Thornton's face. I felt that Julien should have had Komi out there to tussle with Thornton during the evening. It seemed to me that some our more creative players were trying to do too much on their own instead of using their comrades - Ribeiro, Ryder, Kovalev.
Has anyone heard how Souray is doing? Rumors have it that it's his wrist again? And how other fans felt like vomiting most of the night from the biased stench coming from the Bruin announcers?

Old
03-28-2004, 12:21 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD
I have to admit, the first thing I did this morning (after pouring a coffee, of course) was to check the standings on TSN just to see the little "X" next to Montreal (and now Vancouver too!). It made me feel whole again .

oh yes, one other thing: you have box seats?! Do you mean seats made from a cardbox box that you sit in while watching the game in your dank basement? Or do you mean "box" seats in the Centre Bell[e]?

Old
03-28-2004, 12:21 PM
tritone

Quote:
If you are referring to me with "some guys still can't seem to be happy, newflash I'm a female and secondly, I said that I was happy about clinching a spot.
We're all happy about clinching a spot. And I agree , a lot of people are doing a lot of bashing and that kinda sucks ....as for your reply to "some guys"

Hear me roar. I don't think the word "guys" was intended as a slur towards you not being important based on your sex. I walk into a room full of girls and I'll say how are you guys....it's hardly even gender specific anymore

Old
03-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Bud The Spud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
We're all happy about clinching a spot. And I agree , a lot of people are doing a lot of bashing and that kinda sucks ....as for your reply to "some guys"

Hear me roar. I don't think the word "guys" was intended as a slur towards you not being important based on your sex. I walk into a room full of girls and I'll say how are you guys....it's hardly even gender specific anymore
Yeah "you guys" and just "guys" is different...if it was "some of you guys" that would have a different meaning. Anyway, I don't really care. Woo Hoo, we got the point!

Old
03-28-2004, 12:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Congrats to the team and the oragnization!

Old
03-28-2004, 01:29 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
I realize there are some females on the board, and the term"guys" was used to reference everyone, no dis-respect meant to female posters... I was just referring to the fact that there are some posters here who would complain if we were to win round 1 in 7 games, and they would of wanted it in 4.... There are some pretty brutal "fans" on these boards.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:32 PM
habitual_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Congrats to the team and the organization!
Ditto. And whatever the reason are behind the Habs' recent slide, I think they'll be able to rectify the situation by Wednesday (knock on wood).

But although Gainey predicted that the Habs could (& would) make the playoffs with the current roster of players I think that the coming years' infusion of quality youth will bring consistent (and even ultimate) success. A nice change from the Houle Era.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Bud The Spud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
I realize there are some females on the board, and the term"guys" was used to reference everyone, no dis-respect meant to female posters... I was just referring to the fact that there are some posters here who would complain if we were to win round 1 in 7 games, and they would of wanted it in 4.... There are some pretty brutal "fans" on these boards.
It's not a big deal anyway. I shouldn't have posted while in a ****** mood.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
The reason many people don't reply to those kinds of posts is that people have realized that those pessimistic people can not be reasoned with. No matter how many people post they will still be pessimistic and still believe that Montreal is going to lose all their games and be knocked out of the playoffs by Buffalo (I know we clinched, but before yesterdays game).

I was happy yesterday when I was watching the game. Once they ended regulation in a tie, and I knew they had officially made the playoffs. I didn't care that much that Boston won the game; we will win the next games and hopefully lot's in the playoffs.

Also do you guys know what happen to Begin after he got hit. Did he come back and play? Or is he injured?

[edit] just wanted to add that even though we may disagree with the views of those kinds of people, they still have every right to say what they want. Other wise discussion boards like this would be very boring if everyone had the same opinion [edit]

Old
03-28-2004, 01:50 PM
chicpea*

Oh, come now Big M1ke, I don't think everyone agreed with them. In fact, I fondly recall a healthy bashing session directed at bandwagoners. See Dutchy's thread from the other day.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:00 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
The reason many people don't reply to those kinds of posts is that people have realized that those pessimistic people can not be reasoned with. No matter how many people post they will still be pessimistic and still believe that Montreal is going to lose all their games and be knocked out of the playoffs by Buffalo (I know we clinched, but before yesterdays game).

I was happy yesterday when I was watching the game. Once they ended regulation in a tie, and I knew they had officially made the playoffs. I didn't care that much that Boston won the game; we will win the next games and hopefully lot's in the playoffs.

Also do you guys know what happen to Begin after he got hit. Did he come back and play? Or is he injured?

[edit] just wanted to add that even though we may disagree with the views of those kinds of people, they still have every right to say what they want. Other wise discussion boards like this would be very boring if everyone had the same opinion [edit]
Begin came back in the third.... pretty surprising , I was sure he had a dislocated shoulder by the way his arm was hanging after the hit.

Old
03-28-2004, 05:13 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Begin came back in the third.... pretty surprising , I was sure he had a dislocated shoulder by the way his arm was hanging after the hit.
I am sure the rivalry between the habs and bruins will make a great first round matchup again.........habs need to use the motivation of seeing a cheap hit by Thornton hitting Begin from behind, Zednik being kneed......and beat Boston again in the playoffs.....it would be so sweet

Old
03-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
Ya i thought that it was either a dislocated shoulder, or a wrist injury. I didn't think he would be back so I wasn't watching for him to return. And i can't understand the french comentary, maybe they said something about it i don't know.

Closed Thread