HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Min

Old
06-21-2009, 11:19 PM
JL4L

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JL4L
Tor-Min

To Wild: 7th overall

To Leafs: 12th overall, Colton Gillies

If Burke isn't able to move up in the draft, Brayden Schenn doesn't slip to the Leafs at 7, and Burke is unhappy with what is left at that spot, I think it would be very logical to trade down in an effort to grab even more young talent. That's why this trade makes sense imo. The Leafs are still in contention to draft a nice prospect; Glennie, Kassian, Ellis, Shore etc...; and gain a nice young power forward in Gillies. From the Wild's perspective they upgrade to a prospect of MSP caliber who may be able to fill the hole Gaborik leaves behind should he leave. That said, I'm not sure if the Wild are willing to part with Gillies or not, so thoughts?

JL4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 11:23 PM
WTFMAN99

Theres a drop off after 7 in this draft, I wouldn't trade down.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 11:35 PM
JL4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Theres a drop off after 7 in this draft, I wouldn't trade down.
Brayden Schenn: 70gp, 32g, 56a, 88pts-- posC, ht6-0, wt192--iss 5
Scott Glennie: 55gp, 28g, 42a, 70pts--posC, ht6-1, wt182-- iss 20

Not a big difference.

Old
06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
The Wild traded up to grab Gillies just a couple years ago, and have been pretty happy with his development - granted those guys who drafted and coached him are gone, but Gillies is worth more than 5 spots up in the draft. So your proposal makes sense for the Leafs, but not for the Wild, who are already lacking prospect depth.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 11:46 PM
WTFMAN99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeleaf4life View Post

Not a big difference.

Scott Glennie could go as high as 9th-10th. There isn't much of a difference with numbers, although Brayden has a lot of intangibles on Glennie.

Personally speaking I dream of getting both somehow

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Jimmy McNulty

Interesting proposal, but I doubt the Wild are looking to trade up.

Last edited by Jimmy McNulty: 06-22-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Selanne08*

no way for wild. they are so thin with prospects already

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Crimson King

schenn and glennie is also a dream of mine. nice to see im not alone

Crimson King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I understand why Wild fans are not happy with this, but I do think it is at least fair, particularly when MPS may drop to 7th.

06-22-2009, 12:33 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I understand why Wild fans are not happy with this, but I do think it is at least fair, particularly when MPS may drop to 7th.
Agreed. There is no way we give up Gillies just to slide up to grab someone. It makes no sense at all for the Wild regardless if the trade is fair or not. The Wild are likely to trade down so they can attain more picks, not trade up and give away what few assets they have.

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:38 AM
wayne98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Scott Glennie could go as high as 9th-10th. There isn't much of a difference with numbers, although Brayden has a lot of intangibles on Glennie.

Personally speaking I dream of getting both somehow
i afree with you. i hope burke can pull off some magic so we can land both those guys, then we could have a 1 2 punch for years to come

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:59 AM
nickschultzfan

Big hell no from the Wild. The Wild are trading down, not up. And Gillies is the Wild's top forward prospect.

I am amazed about how Toronto fans over-value their assets. They just don't over-value their players; they also over-value their picks as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a Toronto fan offered a trade of the #7 for the #6, because, well, Toronto's #7 is soooo much better than any other team's #6.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:03 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
I think the wild have said that there are 8 or so guys they would be more or less equally happy about picking (reasonable expectations--no one there is counting Hedman, Duchene, or Tavares). I don't think in this case they would trade any assets though technically the last guy they were interested in could go at 11.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeleaf4life View Post

Not a big difference.
Ha ha ha. The very guy who posted the trade states their isn't a big difference between the #7 and the #12.

Congrats. You have successfully shot down your own trade, unintentionally, by the 3rd post.

If there isn't much a difference, why the heck would the Wild want to move up and give away their top forward prospect?

Old
06-22-2009, 08:26 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Big hell no from the Wild. The Wild are trading down, not up. And Gillies is the Wild's top forward prospect.

I am amazed about how Toronto fans over-value their assets. They just don't over-value their players; they also over-value their picks as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a Toronto fan offered a trade of the #7 for the #6, because, well, Toronto's #7 is soooo much better than any other team's #6.
The Minnesota board seems empty but atleast you keep it entertaining.

I wouldn't do it as a Leafs fan. I'd rather take MSP. Gillies isn't impressive at all.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Depends on how you project Gillies and the 7th overall pick imho. If you see Gillies as more of a grinder and not a top 6 forward, then I don't think that is severe overpayment for someone like MPS...who does have first line potential, perhaps even star potential. IMVHO I think Gillies is borderline 2nd/3rd line material, so perhaps TO needs to add a bit to make it fair. I think there is no comparing the upside of the 7th overall this year vs Gillies.

7th and 50th overall for 12th and Gillies shouldn't be too far off.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
JL4L

Quote:
Ha ha ha. The very guy who posted the trade states their isn't a big difference between the #7 and the #12.

Congrats. You have successfully shot down your own trade, unintentionally, by the 3rd post.

If there isn't much a difference, why the heck would the Wild want to move up and give away their top forward prospect?
There isn't much difference between stats, that still doesn't show why Glennie isn't ranked in the top 7. He did have injury problems, Schenn is better both ways then Glennie, and Schenn is actually ready to play this year in all likelyness while Glennie most likely will not. Most teams would rather trade up to grab schenn then take glennie. I thought maybe with some glaring holes in your roster, the Wild would wanna trade up to draft a prospect like MSP who is NHL ready.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:21 AM
JL4L

Quote:

Really? The 7th overall pick in the draft for the 12th and Gillies isn't really over-valueing the 7th pick imo. I see how this trade tips to T.O's side now, but keep in mind, if it is MSP that drops to 7 like supposed, he's considered a top 3 talent by a lot of people-which may bump up the picks value opposed to a year where there's virtually nothing at 7. If Gillies is that important to the Wild (which I actually asked in the proposal btw) why don't Toronto throw in one of their 2nd round picks, or a forward prospect like Jimmy Hayes.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:34 AM
embracedbias

Quote:

Still sore about being handled in the Zidlicky + Harding for Kaberle thread I see?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Grease Bits

Gilles plus 12th seems a little high to move up to the 7th spot. Seeing as the prospect pool is rather thin in Min it would be a horrible move for the Wild to come out of the draft one prospect shorter than it did when entering it. Most draft day trades involve moving 2nd and 3rd round picks around and seeing as the Wild have neither, it would make much more sense to move down in the draft than move up. The only reason I could see the Wild moving up was if for some reason MPs or someone who they were really high on fell, and that team was willing to do a Harding plus the 12th pick trade. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure moving down is the way to go for the Wild.

Last edited by Grease Bits: 06-22-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Grease Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Still sore about being handled in the Zidlicky + Harding for Kaberle thread I see?
Actually, I'm just pointing out that Toronto fans on this board can offer a completely one-sided trade in their favor, and then more Toronto fans will come in and claim that the trade is actually bending them over.

And somehow, even though all parties on both teams agree the trade shouldn't happen, the Toronto fan still tries to attempt to claim a moral victory by getting the other team's posters to admit that the trade doesn't work out because Toronto isn't getting enough coming back, not the other way around.

It's sad on so many levels.

Old
06-22-2009, 11:48 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Actually, I'm just pointing out that Toronto fans on this board can offer a completely one-sided trade in their favor, and then more Toronto fans will come in and claim that the trade is actually bending them over.

And somehow, even though all parties on both teams agree the trade shouldn't happen, the Toronto fan still tries to attempt to claim a moral victory by getting the other team's posters to admit that the trade doesn't work out because Toronto isn't getting enough coming back, not the other way around.

It's sad on so many levels.
Wait, let me think. What would Dubey do?

I've got it.

LOL, u mad bro?

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:59 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Wait, let me think. What would Dubey do?

I've got it.

LOL, u mad bro?
Probably the only Minny fan I've heard a peep out of.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Probably the only Minny fan I've heard a peep out of.
I hope you've realized by now that the Wild have their own message board that they use, instead of hfboards.

And stating the obvious doesn't mean I'm mad. I think it just means I'm stating the obvious. I could be wrong though. Maybe you Toronto guys are right, whatever your point was...

Old
06-22-2009, 12:41 PM
grabo84

Quote:
I hope you've realized by now that the Wild have their own message board that they use, instead of hfboards.

And stating the obvious doesn't mean I'm mad. I think it just means I'm stating the obvious. I could be wrong though. Maybe you Toronto guys are right, whatever your point was...
I was just having some fun. Obviously we have a different opinion of Gillies than you do, but there's really no need to go off on a big tangent about Leafs trade proposals.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote