HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers-Sens (Heatley) on June 30th

Old
06-21-2009, 10:21 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
- Scoring in the AHL does not at all mean a prospect will score at the NHL level, just ask Josh Hennessy

- What is Giradi then? He is not a top 4 defenseman that's for sure, so he must be a 5th/6th defenseman. From my viewings he is a 6th defenseman, and I think Erik Karlsson looks like Paul Coffey. Doesn't mean he will turn into Paul Coffey overnight.
- Anisimov's offensive game is built like Eric Staal's. Anisimov will produce well.

- Giradi 82GP 4G 22Pts (28Pts last season)
207Hits 82Blocked shots 40TKaways
21:31 per game, just over 2:00 on both special team units

You don't think that's top four? You label him a six. I question your judgement.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
- Anisimov's offensive game is built like Eric Staal's. Anisimov will produce well.

- Giradi 82GP 4G 22Pts (28Pts last season)
207Hits 82Blocked shots 40TKaways
21:31 per game, just over 2:00 on both special team units

You don't think that's top four? You label him a six. I question your judgement.
Those minutes suggest that he's a top pairing defender on the Rangers, which he was at times this past season, and in 08 he most definitely was. Him and Staal made a great pairing, and hopefully they'll grow together.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:56 AM
OilerzFRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Alright, I know before I even say this that the deal is underpayment from the Rangers for Heatley. But if on June 30th the Sens are still committed to moving him and they want to avoid the $4M bonus, would they accept this deal to save some money?

To Rangers:

Heatley

To Senators:

Rozsival (3 yrs, 5M cap hit)
Zherdev (RFA, should be around 3.25-3.5)
Sanguinetti (.855)
First Rounder (I guess in 2010 since this is hypothetically after the draft)
I personally would be fine if that were our 2009 first rounder, but I figure they wouldn't accept that trade on draft day because they might still hold out for a better deal. Any thoughts?

i think rangers are looking for a more solid defenceman than rosvzival not that hes bad but hsi cap hit isnt that great for what he delivers not to mention hes kinda old. gilbert is a better offer from oilers. cheaper and already better. gilbert and o'sullivan 2nd rd pick and the deal is done.

OilerzFRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Duponttime*

There is no way Gilbert is better than Rosival. I watched Gilbert play at least 10 times last year. Essentially, he's a slightly better version of Poti. He would be deadmeat in the East vs. Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin. Shocking. Oilers fans making their defenseman out to be studs. There is a shock.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:22 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerzFRLife View Post
i think rangers are looking for a more solid defenceman than rosvzival not that hes bad but hsi cap hit isnt that great for what he delivers not to mention hes kinda old. gilbert is a better offer from oilers. cheaper and already better. gilbert and o'sullivan 2nd rd pick and the deal is done.
Not to go off topic but Rozsival is a much better defenseman than Gilbert. He can play in both ends of the rink as well as playoff experience in playing a significant role.

Rozsival has been the #1 defenseman on a team for 3 seasons, Gilbert has not.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Heatley for Staal, straight up.

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:42 AM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
That's terrible for us, I understand you like Anisimov and Korpikoski but that isn't even close

I'd take

Dubinsky
Roszival
Del Zotto
NYR 2nd round pick in 09

for

Heatley
Smith

i'd consider this. can we change it to roszival, girardi, callahan and a 3rd?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
jcflyy97

It seems everytime the rangers get a big name player the season is a big dissapointmen IMO

jcflyy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Obviously more extreme, but still demonstrates my point. Ignoring players that are available now for players that might be available in the future leaves you on the outside of the playoffs looking in. There's no guarantee they become available or even want to join your favorite team if they do.
The other side of that coin is that you go after a player that is available now because you have a need that you think you absolutely must fill, and you end up with a player that isn't worth the money you're paying him. See Gomez, Drury and Redden if you want examples.

There's no guarantee that Kovalchuk will be an UFA next year, or that the Rangers would have enough money to sign him, or even that he'd want to come to NY. But that doesn't mean we should do whatever we can to get Heatley now because he's available.

I want no part of Heatley. We have enough of our own problems without adding him to the mix. The Rangers need to fix their cap problems and be patient. If Kovalchuk isn't an option next year, so be it. The Rangers' problems aren't all going to be solved in 1 offseason. Trying to do so will only make matter worse.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:14 PM
IBLeaf*

Wow Ottawa gets hosed. The Rangers are in no position to trade for high priced talent. They already have their own poorer versions.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:15 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i'd consider this. can we change it to roszival, girardi, callahan and a 3rd?
No thanks.

Old
06-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post

Yeah, he has no value what-so-ever.

As for the OP's question, as a Ranger fan I don't want anything to do with that guy. Great player, but Torts would rip that guy to shreds and then he'd request a trade
Care to show me some playoff highlights?

Zherdev is highly skilled, but is a passenger. He has value to those you like shiny stats in the regular season and pretty highlights. He offers little in the way of substance. The Rangers would be best served to cut drek like him.

As for the proposed deal, I think Ottawa could get a bit more for Heatly, but if the market is not there its decent value. I would ask for for Gomez, who despite being "overpaid", is still a quality center and helps them build two lines.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Care to show me some playoff highlights?
Doesn't matter if your team doesn't make the playoffs.

Inc. Rage in 3...2....

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Senator67s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
in a cap world you cannot do that.
Why not?
The Sens aren't trading Heatley because we need the cap space. We're trading him because he's a whiny little baby.
We don't have to trade him. And I don't think we will unless we get an outstanding deal.
Right now I think it's at about 70-30 he gets dealt. If no deal is done by the draft I'd say it's about 70-30 he doesn't get traded.

Senator67s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by oteixeira View Post
I would counter with:
Dubi, Roszival, and a 2nd

for

Heatley, Smith
I don't believe the Rangers will end up with Heatley but---

Seeing how they don't want to pay Him the 4 million bonus which is due on the 30th.This isn't a bad deal but I would change the only one part to this trade.

Dubi(top 6 forward evn on the Sens)
Roszival(top 4 d-man)
and pick #19(which could be package with the Sens 2 round pick to move up in the draft or used for someone down the line)
We all know that this is a deep draft and you can't say that some good will not be there.

I find it hard to believe that the Sens will find a better deal out there based on their needs and find a team will the money to pay the 4 million bonus.

Why would any team in the league want to pay a player that isn't going to be on your roster.

Last edited by howztheglass: 06-22-2009 at 01:20 PM.
howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Egil

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post

Inc. Rage in 3...2....
Wow, miss the playoffs for the first time in 12 years and you still get snippy, pointless comments like this.

But seriously, we don't want a bad contract back unless you make up for it with a great contract. In the case of the NYR, that means we want one of Staal or Lundqvist to then eat one of your stupid contracts. And that is a non-starter from the NYR perspective, so I just don't see a trade here. I would still rather waive Heatley than accept most of these offers.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:20 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No thanks.
you're a fellow ranger fan, i wasn't asking you.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post

Inc. Rage in 3...2....
Funny thread. Zherdev didn't score in the playoffs? Oh my god what a garbage player.

Did this guy you're responding to watch the playoffs? Yeah Zherdev didn't play well but the Rangers weren't exactly producing goals like the Caps were. I find it difficult to single out any player on the team, when the collective goal scoring talent is near zero.

Too many indians, not enough chiefs.

Trade aside, I have no opinion either way. Arguing trades on this board is fruitless.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
you're a fellow ranger fan, i wasn't asking you.
Nevertheless, I feel it would be a bad trade for the Rangers. You'd give up about 8.5 million in salary from Rozy, Girardi and Cally and get back 7.5 million from Heatley.

Who replaces Rozy and Girardi? How much will they cost? Will they be as good?

Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make.