HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Pavel Datsyuk v. Henrik Zetterberg

View Poll Results: Pavel Datsyuk v. Henkrik Zetterberg
Pavel Datsyuk 69 68.32%
Henrik Zetterberg 32 31.68%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-21-2009, 02:07 PM
albo23

vCash: 500
Pavel Datsyuk v. Henrik Zetterberg

The overall package - who is better?

I'm not voting because I can't decide.

albo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Zetterberg is easily the better playoff performer. Datsyuk is more productive in the regular season. They are both amazing defensive players.

Take your pick, can't lose with either. Datsyuk will probably win the poll, but I'd rather have Zetterberg personally.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
WingsFan95

Who generally scores more goals and won the Conn Smythe last season?

Zetterberg.

WingsFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
maxdanno115

Datsyuk easily by a large margin, so much better at all facets of the game.

maxdanno115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
MetalMilitia

Henvel Zettsyuk.

MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I like Datsyuk a little bit more because of his flash but I think Zetterberg is the better player. Datsyuk is the better offensive player but Zetterberg the past two stanley cup finals has absolutely manhandled Crosby. I used to think Datsyuk was better but now I believe it's Zetterberg.

EDIT: I meant to vote for Zetterberg but I made a mistake and voted for Datsyuk.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:13 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
If I want flashy moves, a bit more points I would like Datsyuk

But I think Zetterberg is the better player, he gets to do alot of the tough work and still scores alot of points and is quite awesome in the playoffs

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Henvel Zettsyuk.
hahahahah

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:17 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

I'd go with Datsyuk but he was a joke in the playoffs and even though Zetterberg had a disappointing regular season he showed up in the playoffs and i hate russian homers.

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Nordic*

It's sssooooo close.

But I have to go with Pavel.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I really thought Zetterberg would win this poll. The man dominated Crosby these past two years it really shows his defensive value to a team. Pavel Datsyuk may be a little bit better offensively but just looking at the way Z shuts players down it puts him over the top imo.

Old
06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
I personally think Zetterberg is a little better. But Datsyuk is probably only 1-2 spots behind him on the rankings of top forwards.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
El Maestro

It's close, but I would choose Datsyuk without too many hesitation.

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Hard to choose but I voted Zetterberg to even things out hehe. Datsyuk is the kind of player you pay to watch though. Immensely talanted really and a funny fawker to boot.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I must say, I'm surprised to see so many posts choosing Zetterberg over the Selke winning, 3rd for the Hart, 2nd team all-star guy. This past playoff really poisoned Datsyuk's value, eh?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I must say, I'm surprised to see so many posts choosing Zetterberg over the Selke winning, 3rd for the Hart, 2nd team all-star guy. This past playoff really poisoned Datsyuk's value, eh?
It's not that. I just watch the way Zetterberg dominates on the defensive side of the puck and he's much better than Datsyuk imo. The guy has held crosby to nothing these past 2 playoffs. Datsyuk is a great player but his slight edge in offensive upside imo is not enough to be a better player.

Old
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I think it's pretty clear that Datsyuk is better.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Infinite Vision*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
It's not that. I just watch the way Zetterberg dominates on the defensive side of the puck and he's much better than Datsyuk imo. The guy has held crosby to nothing these past 2 playoffs. Datsyuk is a great player but his slight edge in offensive upside imo is not enough to be a better player.
Apparently he has an edge in defensive upside as well with his second Selke in a row, Zetterbergs better at shadowing people, Datsyuk is so smart at reading plays and always manages to come up with the puck in all three zones. Datsyuk is also better with his stick and knocks people off of the puck much easier, also he's the master at takeaways.

Infinite Vision* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I think it's pretty clear that Datsyuk is better.
Pretty much. Does everyone not remember Datsyuk played injured? I know everyone wants to act cool and say 'Well, injuries don't matter/shouldn't matter!' That is the most back-assward argument I've ever heard. Yes it does matter the situation your body is in when competing in a professional sport. Datsyuk is a defensive BEAST, while also contributing offensively.

One of the reason I hate playoff games is because people latch onto one performance and use it as leverage when arguing amongst themselves. Lidstrom actually looked human in Game 7, why isn't anyone busting his balls? Is Luongo now a Top-15 goalie because he choked away the most important game of his entire career? Honestly.

Give me Datsyuk, any day of the week.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Infinite Vision*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Pretty much. Does everyone not remember Datsyuk played injured? I know everyone wants to act cool and say 'Well, injuries don't matter/shouldn't matter!' That is the most back-assward argument I've ever heard. Yes it does matter the situation your body is in when competing in a professional sport. Datsyuk is a defensive BEAST, while also contributing offensively.

One of the reason I hate playoff games is because people latch onto one performance and use it as leverage when arguing amongst themselves. Lidstrom actually looked human in Game 7, why isn't anyone busting his balls? Is Luongo now a Top-15 goalie because he choked away the most important game of his entire career? Honestly.

Give me Datsyuk, any day of the week.

Someone already did that to him in the Chicago series, literally lol, he had testicle surgery before the final series, he was playing injured as well.

Infinite Vision* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan87 View Post

Someone already did that to him in the Chicago series, literally lol, he had testicle surgery before the final series, he was playing injured as well.
Oh, I know that. I'm just trying to say that Datsyuk shouldn't be getting any heat for being injured if Lidstrom wasn't.. granted, taking a spear in the balls is a pain I'd wish on no man.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
I really don't even know what to say. I have people tell me that Zetterberg is far superior to Crosby defensively, and they support it by the fact that Zetterberg gets Selke votes and Crosby doesn't. Now, Datsyuk not only gets a TONNE more Selke votes than Zetterberg, he wins the award, and people still contend that Zetts is superior defensively?

If that's the case, then these awards must certainly be awarded based mostly on reputation, not ability... moreso than I have previously suspected. And proves what we've been saying all along that there really is no substitute for actually watching the guys play, unless Wings fans who watch most/all of the games and support Zetts in this poll are just plain confused.

Old
06-22-2009, 01:13 AM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

datsyuk is the more talented player in all aspects other than goal scoring. he's the smarter player offensively and defensively, better offensive vision, better positionally, the better skater... so i chose datsyuk. but it was very close. skill-wise, while datsyuk is clearly better, he's not that much better at most things than zetterberg, and zetterberg almost makes up for it all because, when push comes to shove, i believe that he wants it more than datsyuk (not to say paint datsyuk as a heartless russian, or as heartless at all, just that zetterberg wants it more than almost anyone, which makes up for what he gives up in skill to most of this league's top players).

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
datsyuk is the more talented player in all aspects other than goal scoring. he's the smarter player offensively and defensively, better offensive vision, better positionally, the better skater... so i chose datsyuk. but it was very close. skill-wise, while datsyuk is clearly better, he's not that much better at most things than zetterberg, and zetterberg almost makes up for it all because, when push comes to shove, i believe that he wants it more than datsyuk (not to say paint datsyuk as a heartless russian, or as heartless at all, just that zetterberg wants it more than almost anyone, which makes up for what he gives up in skill to most of this league's top players).
This is one of the first valid and somewhat verifiable (through observation) arguments I've seen around threads concerning the two... if it is indeed the fact. Interesting to ponder the degree to which that factors in, and how much/little the environment (coach/system/teammates/linemates, etc) should be considered.

Old
06-22-2009, 09:32 AM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Datsyuk

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote