HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Pavel Datsyuk v. Henrik Zetterberg

View Poll Results: Pavel Datsyuk v. Henkrik Zetterberg
Pavel Datsyuk 68 68.00%
Henrik Zetterberg 32 32.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2009, 08:48 AM
  #26
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe
 
Caballo Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Datsyuk is a top-5 forward in the league, I'm not even sure Zetterberg cracks the top 20.

Datsyuk hands down.

Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
  #27
Riddarn
1980-2011
 
Riddarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
and zetterberg almost makes up for it all because, when push comes to shove, i believe that he wants it more than datsyuk (not to say paint datsyuk as a heartless russian, or as heartless at all, just that zetterberg wants it more than almost anyone, which makes up for what he gives up in skill to most of this league's top players).
It's nice for Dats to win the Selkes, but going on those votes Ryan Kesler is a better defensive forward than Zetterberg. No disrespect to Kesler, he's my favorite canuck, but he isn't better.

Anyway, as you say, Zetterberg does a lot with what he has because he puts the effort in. Babcock said he thinks Zetterberg has the biggest "will-tank" he has ever seen. Which I think is pretty high praise.

However, I think Zetterberg while lacking in technical abilities like skating and stickhandling is probably equal to Datsyuk in thinking the game. As far as their defensive game, I think Datsyuk is better 5-on-5 and on transition plays. Zetterberg is better on the PK and as mentioned, he's better at shadowing people.

So, if I had to chose between the two, I'd have Datsyuk out 5-on-5, but if it was 5-on-3 with 30 seconds to go and you had to protect a lead, I'd put Z out there.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:00 AM
  #28
4rde
 
4rde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Datsyuk.

Zetterberg's defensive game is so overrated that people choose him over somebody else just because of that. His defensive game is great obviously, but for example in the playoffs his job was to shut out Crosby. He had all of his focus on Crosby, if Datsyuk had the same job he could have done it.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
  #29
4rde
 
4rde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purinton View Post
Datsyuk is a top-5 forward in the league, I'm not even sure Zetterberg cracks the top 20.

Datsyuk hands down.
Zetterberg was actually 8th in HF top 100 list

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
  #30
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purinton View Post
Datsyuk is a top-5 forward in the league, I'm not even sure Zetterberg cracks the top 20.

Datsyuk hands down.
Wow.. please name 20 forwards better than Zetterberg.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
  #31
DarkReign
Registered User
 
DarkReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,565
vCash: 500
Not considering age....

Datsyuk

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:28 AM
  #32
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 19,701
vCash: 500
I take Datsyuk.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:33 AM
  #33
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe
 
Caballo Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Zetterberg was actually 8th in HF top 100 list
Well, HF also ranks Nabokov as a top 5 goalie

Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:51 AM
  #34
albo23
Registered User
 
albo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purinton View Post
Well, HF also ranks Nabokov as a top 5 goalie
Why not? He had 41 Wins and a .910 SV%? His GAA was 2.44 which is great. Now you're probably one of those idiots who became bitter of Nabby because he couldn't steal a bunch of games for the Sharks during the first round. Well, it's not his fault that the Sharks played with no heart and had no defense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purinton View Post
Datsyuk is a top-5 forward in the league, I'm not even sure Zetterberg cracks the top 20.

Datsyuk hands down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Zetterberg was actually 8th in HF top 100 list
Win.

albo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
  #35
digitaljohn
Arnold Palmer LITE
 
digitaljohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Datsyuk.

Zetterberg's defensive game is so overrated that people choose him over somebody else just because of that. His defensive game is great obviously, but for example in the playoffs his job was to shut out Crosby. He had all of his focus on Crosby, if Datsyuk had the same job he could have done it.
Zetterberg did still put up almost a PPG (2g 4a) while shadowing Crosby.

I agree that Datsyuk is a slightly better player. He's due for a monster playoffs next year if he's healthy.

digitaljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:59 AM
  #36
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,910
vCash: 500
Zetterberg because he deserves more votes than he has. Also, Conn Smythe award > Selke Trophy

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:00 PM
  #37
silkyjohnson50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Datsyuk, but it's close.

In my opinion these are the two best 2-way forwards in the game today.

People always try to compare their games, but they play different styles (that mesh magically when put together). Even their defensive games differ greatly. While Zetterberg can shadow a forward as well as anyone in the league, there isn't a player that's better at disrupting the play than Datsyuk. Offensively speaking, Zetterberg knows where to be at all times and can bury the biscuit, but Datsyuk can create much more on his own. Both players are extremely strong on the puck.

At the end of the day, Datsyuk's ability to control the flow of game more so than Zetterberg does it for me.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
  #38
Fighter
Fighting my way
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trieste, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
I would take Zetterberg, but you can't go wrong with Datsyuk either.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
  #39
BBQorMILDEW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Crosby>>>

BBQorMILDEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
  #40
Luongo2008*
 
Luongo2008*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,870
vCash: 500
Pavel Datsyuk

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.