HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was-phi

Old
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Flyersguru

vCash: 500
Dear HFBoards,

Claude Giroux is not getting traded.

Sincerely,

Paul Holmgren.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Alex28*

Was-phi

Alzner, Neuvirth, 1st for Giroux, Jones

Philadelphia gets one of the best defensive prospects in the league, goalie prospect who backstopped the Bears to the Calder Cup and was the AHL playoff MVP this year, and gets to move Jones' contract to provide some cap room.

Capitals would finally get a long-term 1-2 punch with Backstrom and Giroux at center. And Jones would probably fit in on their 2nd pairing.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Kaktus*

It's tough to say no from Flyers prospective.

Sign me up.

Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Alzner, Parent Sbisa plus two 1st round picks in 2009. Hell yeah.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:53 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

No from the Caps. Jones would be a total waste, and Giroux, while great, isn't more needed than Alzner. Not a chance.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
BTD5504

we can find a 2nd line center elsewhere, without giving up our top-2 best D and Goalie prospects, let alone a 1st round pick.

i'll pass.

giroux would be sick in DC, but not at that expense.

i can see Neuvirth being moved at some point though, but i'd hope they wait to make sure if Varlamov is the real deal.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
funny, i feel like both franchises would be better off right now if Philly had picked Varlamov and Washington had picked Giroux.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
teddykgb21209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Alzner, Neuvirth, 1st for Giroux, Jones

Philadelphia gets one of the best defensive prospects in the league, goalie prospect who backstopped the Bears to the Calder Cup and was the AHL playoff MVP this year, and gets to move Jones' contract to provide some cap room.

Capitals would finally get a long-term 1-2 punch with Backstrom and Giroux at center. And Jones would probably fit in on their 2nd pairing.

are you drunk??? alzner is not getting traded, and we would have to add a first, lol ok you are drunk.

teddykgb21209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
No from the Caps. Jones would be a total waste, and Giroux, while great, isn't more needed than Alzner. Not a chance.
yea, the caps are set a fwd already. Dmen are at a premium. However with your goalie depth we could make a good trading partner for a smaller deal.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Selanne08*

no way from caps

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
It's tough to say no from Flyers prospective.

Sign me up.

Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Alzner, Parent Sbisa plus two 1st round picks in 2009. Hell yeah.
I agree, the Flyers would do this. Too bad there's no way in hell that Washington even begins to contemplate this.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
BrindamoursNose

1. I knew there would only be bad news when I saw that it was a Phi-Was trade proposal

2. A Caps fan is the one wh started the thread...kind of funny since it seems like WSH would never do this trade.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
we can find a 2nd line center elsewhere, without giving up our top-2 best D and Goalie prospects, let alone a 1st round pick.

i'll pass.

giroux would be sick in DC, but not at that expense.

i can see Neuvirth being moved at some point though, but i'd hope they wait to make sure if Varlamov is the real deal.
Giroux isn't just a 2nd line center. He's a very complete player at 20 years old and, if he continues to develop, could become close to Backstrom's level. 2 elite, versatile centers would probably be enough to put us over the top.

It's probably an overpayment, especially with the 1st, but you have to give to get.

I like Alzner as much as anyone, but without him we still have Carlson. And our defense is somewhat underrated, we did take the eventual cup champions to 7 games with Green, Poti, Erskine and Morrisson all nursing serious injuries.

Old
06-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
WSH gets jobbed. I like it.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:31 PM
BTD5504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Giroux isn't just a 2nd line center. He's a very complete player at 20 years old and, if he continues to develop, could become close to Backstrom's level. 2 elite, versatile centers would probably be enough to put us over the top.

It's probably an overpayment, especially with the 1st, but you have to give to get.

I like Alzner as much as anyone, but without him we still have Carlson. And our defense is somewhat underrated, we did take the eventual cup champions to 7 games with Green, Poti, Erskine and Morrisson all nursing serious injuries.

i still don't make this deal. not with Defense being our most pressing area of concern.

i'm sorry, but a Stanley Cup Defense is not comprised of guys like Milan Jurcina, Jeff Schultz and Shaone Morrissonn. those guys need to be replaced/upgraded, and trading away Alzner doesn't help. i know Carlson is going to be good, if not better, than Alzner, but having 2 stud, young d-men will help us more than having 2 stud centers IMO.

and we can't worry about the injuries in the playoffs...every team has em.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
yea, the caps are set a fwd already. Dmen are at a premium. However with your goalie depth we could make a good trading partner for a smaller deal.
Yeah, but I doubt the Caps trade any of the goalie prospects (unless you want Machesney ) for another year or two.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Agree both teams need young(cheap) good defencman,to cover the cap loaded forwards on their teams.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
i still don't make this deal. not with Defense being our most pressing area of concern.

i'm sorry, but a Stanley Cup Defense is not comprised of guys like Milan Jurcina, Jeff Schultz and Shaone Morrissonn. those guys need to be replaced/upgraded, and trading away Alzner doesn't help. i know Carlson is going to be good, if not better, than Alzner, but having 2 stud, young d-men will help us more than having 2 stud centers IMO.

and we can't worry about the injuries in the playoffs...every team has em.
Pretty much every team that has won the cup in the last 10 years had a 1-2 punch down the center.

One line teams don't win cups unless their defense is better than Anaheim's was this year (Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin, Whitney, Wisniewski, Hedican). 5 of those 6 defensemen would be top pairing on our team. We can't hope to even begin approaching that.

I agree with you about Jeff Schultz, but keep in mind that we took Pittsburgh to 7 games while having FOUR seriously injured defensemen. If they're healthy, I think one of the 2 OT games we lost could have very well went our way. We can win the cup with Green and Poti on the top pairing and Erskine +Jurcina/Pothier on the bottom pairing if we have good forward depth and a decent, stable 2nd pairing consisting of Carlson and someone like Spacek, IF we're top 6 heavy. If we don't have a good support group for Semin, other teams would easily zone in on our top line, and even if Alzner is the next Niedermayer we won't have the transition game on the back-end to cope with that the way Anaheim does.

For us, most likely 1b center > what Alzner has to offer. Though Neuvirth is probably overpayment.