HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - Boston

Old
06-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purinton View Post
Kunitz and Goligoski are both overpaid, switch Goligoski with Letang and Boston might be interested.
We disagree about Kunitz and Goligoski being overpaid. Kunitz is a 50 + point guy and those guys get 3.5 - 4.5 per year. Kunitz is a really valuable player to a contender. I didn't get it when he was a Duck. I thought he was so overpaid then. It wasn't until the Pens traded for him that I got to see consistently what Ducks fans loved so much about him. He's a warrior that throws huge hits and also score over 20 goals and 50 points for you.

Tanger's not going to be cheap for long either. He's gonna get way more $ than Gogo after next year. He'll deserve it since he's a more complete D-man than Goligoski. He's much more physical, his defense is better and he's more of a gamebreaker offensively imo.

I think Goligoski's a better value, though. Goliogoski will be a great PP player. He was on pace for about 40 points last year as a rookie. The Pens or another team will have a 40 + point D-Man as early as this season for just 1.8 and that's a bargain nowadays.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
NastyNick

Giving up two roster players for one is not a good swap. Pitt is going to have to dress a lot of rookies as is.. adding one more to fill in Goligoski's slot is not good.

Besides, Kessel sounds like he has real personality issues in the lockeroom. There can't be any other reason Boston would be looking to trade a young talent. It would be a risk for Pitt to give up anything of value to bring him in.

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
The Depahted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenalty View Post
Giving up two roster players for one is not a good swap. Pitt is going to have to dress a lot of rookies as is.. adding one more to fill in Goligoski's slot is not good.

Besides, Kessel sounds like he has real personality issues in the lockeroom. There can't be any other reason Boston would be looking to trade a young talent. It would be a risk for Pitt to give up anything of value to bring him in.
to stay under the cap?

the personality issues highly talked about on draft day have not come up in his time with the bruins either, so thats moot

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenalty View Post

.... the issue is cap space. nothing to do with locker room. boston's whole thing is they dont think he derves much more money than krejci seein as krejci is more of a two way player. also in the future guys like lucic and wheeler will need to be resigned. now i imagine kessel comes before wheeler butj ust saying. also hunwick, a great and valuable d man to the team needs to be resigned.

nothing to do with locker room

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Jaded-Fan

Kessel is not affordable. He is reportedly seeking $5 million per year only through his RFA years. Then the price would only go up more. The Pens already are one of the top scoring teams in the NHL and have been for the past few years despite the revolving door of wings of lesser ability than Kessel. And Boston would want more even though they also have Cap issues with Kessel's demands. All in all a trade that would not happen.

Pittsburgh needs to stop looking for elite wings. That ship sailed, luckily for Pittsburgh in my opinion, with the attempted Hossa signing last year and the money has been spent elsewhere long term, on Orpik, Fleury and Staal. I like much better the money there than on a wing.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
We disagree about Kunitz and Goligoski being overpaid. Kunitz is a 50 + point guy and those guys get 3.5 - 4.5 per year. Kunitz is a really valuable player to a contender. I didn't get it when he was a Duck. I thought he was so overpaid then. It wasn't until the Pens traded for him that I got to see consistently what Ducks fans loved so much about him. He's a warrior that throws huge hits and also score over 20 goals and 50 points for you.

Tanger's not going to be cheap for long either. He's gonna get way more $ than Gogo after next year. He'll deserve it since he's a more complete D-man than Goligoski. He's much more physical, his defense is better and he's more of a gamebreaker offensively imo.

I think Goligoski's a better value, though. Goliogoski will be a great PP player. He was on pace for about 40 points last year as a rookie. The Pens or another team will have a 40 + point D-Man as early as this season for just 1.8 and that's a bargain nowadays.
I meant overpaid as in too costly for Boston. The Bruins have Chuck Kobasew who can roughly do the same job as Kunitz. They also have Matt Hunwick who is pretty much the same type of defenseman as Goligoski, and as good as him so far, and who will probably signed for less. Adding a Letang-type of defenseman is exactly what the Bruins should be looking for to go further than the 2nd round.I'd have no problem paying him 4-5 M on a long term contract.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin72 View Post
How about Kris Letang,Chris Kunitz, and 2009 1rst round pick for Phil Kessel and Andrew Ference!!!
I wouldn't trade Letang for Kessel straight-up.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I wouldn't trade Letang for Kessel straight-up.
I actually agree with that and I think that Kessel has a lot more value than Letang. Letang's contract is just too good for the Pens right now, who need to be cap conscious.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote