HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

LAK/COL - Frolov for the 3rd

Old
06-22-2009, 04:25 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
come on, you cant even compare the two... it has nothing to do with points.. how many more points did he have anyways? 3-4? yeah and frolov had like 10 more goals in less games...oh yeah, frolov has averaged 30 goals over the past 3 years, poni has never hit 30...

frolov brings much more to the table then point production.. he creates so much space for his teammates and protects the puck better then anyone..
Frolov is definitely better, but by how much. I think if Toronto got the 30th overall pick from Pittsburgh (completely hypothetically here), they'd take that in a heartbeat for Ponikarovsky.

Is Frolov that much better than Poni that the difference is 27 slots in the first round? Absolutely not. I'd say pick wise Frolov is worth from 12-16, not top 3.

And by the way, I think the Kings are trying to add pieces to contend this year, not give them up for picks, so I'm not saying I would trade Frolov for a 12-16 overall pick, but I think thats what his value is at from a draft perspective.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Jwm1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Frolov is definitely better, but by how much. I think if Toronto got the 30th overall pick from Pittsburgh (completely hypothetically here), they'd take that in a heartbeat for Ponikarovsky.

Is Frolov that much better than Poni that the difference is 27 slots in the first round? Absolutely not. I'd say pick wise Frolov is worth from 12-16, not top 3.

And by the way, I think the Kings are trying to add pieces to contend this year, not give them up for picks, so I'm not saying I would trade Frolov for a 12-16 overall pick, but I think thats what his value is at from a draft perspective.
I agree that Frolov is not worth the 3rd overall pick...i also agree with you that no matter what picks Frolov is worth, it would be a bad deal for us...we do need to add nhl ready pieces because we are very close to making that postseason push..Frolov is a very important part of that in my eyes and i think most Kings fans agree with me...

We traded a good goal scorer last year for a mid 1st rounder and i really hope i dont have to see that happen in a long time, no matter how high a pick Frolov could fetch us..

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:01 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
come on, you cant even compare the two... it has nothing to do with points.. how many more points did he have anyways? 3-4? yeah and frolov had like 10 more goals in less games...oh yeah, frolov has averaged 30 goals over the past 3 years, poni has never hit 30...

frolov brings much more to the table then point production.. he creates so much space for his teammates and protects the puck better then anyone..
The point wasn't that Poni is better than Frolov (he isn't).

The point is that Frolov is as obviously not worth the 3rd overall pick as Poni is as obviously not worth the 5th overall pick. Many LA fans don't think that Poni is worth the difference between 5 and 7 in this draft. The irony here is that Poni (not worth moving up 2 spots in the draft) actually outscored Frolov (worth the 3rd overall pick?).

Of course, no one but the OP thinks this is a good deal (presumably). I just wanted to point out the irony and perhaps put the deal in perspective for the OP.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
backofthenet

So, what if the Kings added Priesing?

The Avs are in somewhat of the same boat the Kings are in...they are more than just one player away. Them trading the third for a player like Frolov will help them to get better.

Keeping the 3rd and developing that player into their system is a better "gamble."

Now, I bet they would be tempted if it was

Bernier and the 5th

for

3rd/and a second or third round pick.

But I would not do that as a Kings fan.

backofthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
No wonder you were such a terrible president
Winner!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by backofthenet View Post
So, what if the Kings added Priesing?

The Avs are in somewhat of the same boat the Kings are in...they are more than just one player away. Them trading the third for a player like Frolov will help them to get better.

Keeping the 3rd and developing that player into their system is a better "gamble."

Now, I bet they would be tempted if it was

Bernier and the 5th

for

3rd/and a second or third round pick

But I would not do that as a Kings fan.
As a Kings fan I would do that....but just because I think that Duchene would have much more value to the Kings than Bernier will. The Kings actually have a few good goalie prospects right now....in terms of impact centers....not so much.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Avs would be stupid if they made this deal

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:26 PM
MartinVanBuren

My reasoning for Fro being worth 3rd overall is that you're pratically guaranteed 25 goals from him each season. He's averaged that every season of his career. Poni has averaged 12 goals per season.

Per 82 games, Fro averages 10 more goals (27 vs 17).

MartinVanBuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Hejduk has averaged 32 goals per season. What do you add to the 5th overall for Hejduk? Keep in mind he's 7 goals better than Frolov.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Kingjordan

Kings are not trading Bernier to move up 2 spots and for a 2nd round pick.. thats just plain stupid.

And Frolov will not get us the #3 pick overall... would have to add something with Frolov to get that.

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
GeeoffBrown

This deal makes no sense from either side. Kings won't move Frolov unless it's a move that makes them closer to the playoffs. And while Frolov is solid at both ends of the ice, he's not an impact player and definitely not worth the 3rd overall pick. You're not gonna get a potential franchise player for a 2nd liner that's good on the PK. Otherwise, the Flames offer Langkow for the same pick

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:38 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVanBuren View Post
My reasoning for Fro being worth 3rd overall is that you're pratically guaranteed 25 goals from him each season. He's averaged that every season of his career. Poni has averaged 12 goals per season.

Thats all well and good that Frolov averages 25 a year thats awesome.

But that doesn't mean you trade him for a guy that is a good two-way player already, and has the ability to score 90 points in an NHL season. Sure Duchene may bust, but Frolov is nowhere near the value of the potential of Duchene.

69 players scored 25 goals this year. Woudl you trade 69 players for the 3rd overall? Stars such as Slava Kozlov, RJ Umberger, Petr Sykora (who couldn't even suit up in the playoffs for the Pens), Joffrey Lupul, Mike Knuble, Nik Antropov (who was traded for a second rounder mid year) make up the list of people who scored 25 goals. Just becuase you score 25 goals a year doesn't make you a stud and defintiely doesn't make you worth the third overall pick.

By the way, if you take out Ponikarovsky's first four years in the NHL, where he played 10 minutes a game and only played 116 games combined in those first four years youre counting, he averages over 20 goals a year. By the way I consider Poni just a little bit better of a defensive player as well in his own zone. Frolov is defintiely better there's no doubt, but its not as far off as you think.

Old
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

AHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAH AAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAA HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA HAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHA HAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA AHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAH AAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAA HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA

sorry.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post

By the way, if you take out Ponikarovsky's first four years in the NHL, where he played 10 minutes a game and only played 116 games combined in those first four years youre counting, he averages over 20 goals a year. By the way I consider Poni just a little bit better of a defensive player as well in his own zone. Frolov is defintiely better there's no doubt, but its not as far off as you think.
Now that is funny.....Frolov is the best defensive forward on the Kings....and probably in the top 20 in the NHL.....Poni is not even close to that.

Old
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Now that is funny.....Frolov is the best defensive forward on the Kings....and probably in the top 20 in the NHL.....Poni is not even close to that.
We can agree to disagree on that one. Poni led the Leafs forwards in blocked shots this year, and is a very solid PK guy, just like Frolov. Also, Ponikarovsky's size is a factor as well. He doesn't necessarily use it the way you'd like him too all the time with his checking, but he still is bigger than a lot of the guys out on the ice at 6'4" which causes problems because of his reach defensively. No doubt Frolov is better in the neutral zone, but Poni's shot blocking ability makes him a little better in his own defensive zone I think, which is what I was stating.

Old
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
milkshow

No way Colorado does this. They will go ahead and draft Duchene.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
blackcoffee

The Avs couldn't, wouldn't, and shouldn't do this trade.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforthegame View Post
No way Colorado does this. They will go ahead and draft Duchene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
The Avs couldn't, wouldn't, and shouldn't do this trade.
I am sure that 100% of Avs fans and 95% of Kings fans agree with you.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Creeping Death

Any thoughts on...

To COL
Tom Preissing
Jeff Zatkoff
Alex Frolov
5th pick

To LA
3rd pick
Ryan Smyth

Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Any thoughts on...

To COL
Tom Preissing
Jeff Zatkoff
Alex Frolov
5th pick

To LA
3rd pick
Ryan Smyth
As an Avs fan I'd decline without thinking for a second.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:13 AM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVanBuren View Post

Please! Stop the insanity. Do a big favor to your futur kids. Go get a vasectomy now!

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 04:54 AM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Any thoughts on...

To COL
Tom Preissing
Jeff Zatkoff
Alex Frolov
5th pick

To LA
3rd pick
Ryan Smyth
Pass. As much fun as it is for everyone in this forum section to say things like "Ryan Smyth has negative value", it's not true. He would have had more than 59 points this year if it weren't for playing 38 games with questionable centers.

And I know Frolov is more valuable than him, but not to the point where it's worth moving down two spots, in addition to taking on the contract of Preissing with only an unproven goalie as the sweetener.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote