HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

P.K Subban

Old
06-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

vCash: 500
P.K Subban

I was thinkin a first and maybe 3rd pairing dman plus a maybe a roster winger or something

Devils
Rights to Gionta
Bryce Salvador
1st 09

Montreal
P.K Subban

Omar Little is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils13 View Post
I was thinkin a first and maybe 3rd pairing dman plus a maybe a roster winger or something

Devils
Rights to Gionta
Bryce Salvador
1st 09

Montreal
P.K Subban
For a prospect?

06-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
For a prospect?
**** it dude i dont want salvador...1st rd draft pick for a defenseman hopefully turns out like subban and dont really have space for gionta on our roster

Omar Little is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
BrindamoursNose

I don't think Subban will be that good.....I don't see what the overpayment is for.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
**** it dude i dont want salvador...1st rd draft pick for a defenseman hopefully turns out like subban and dont really have space for gionta on our roster
I just don't think he, or very many at all, is worth that AND a first. I'm not too sure many prospects are.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:

Devils
Rights to Gionta
Bryce Salvador
1st 09

Montreal
P.K Subban
lol why? Subban is nothing special. Don't buy into the TSN world juniors hype.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Lapierre for captain

I hope the guy who just stated this as an over payment was joking cuz habs dnt want gionta nor Salvador and your draft pick is to high, if anything habs want to move up n subban is going nowhere anyways

Lapierre for captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Price31 View Post
I hope the guy who just stated this as an over payment was joking cuz habs dnt want gionta nor Salvador and your draft pick is to high, if anything habs want to move up n subban is going nowhere anyways
It doesn't matter whether the Habs want that or not, or what your opinion is on the matter (no offense), that's massive overpayment for a prospect.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Lapierre for captain

Dude I'm not buying into that I watched 75% of Belleville games this year and Subban is simply going to be a great #1-2 dman u c with pernell karl subban I kno him in n out bud he is going to be a top 10Dman in 5-6 years his SlapShot is a rocket manor was so fast in n out they had to watch in slow motion to he if it was a goal dude this kid is for reali

Old
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Dude I'm not buying into that I watched 75% of Belleville games this year and Subban is simply going to be a great #1-2 dman u c with pernell karl subban I kno him in n out bud he is going to be a top 10Dman in 5-6 years his SlapShot is a rocket manor was so fast in n out they had to watch in slow motion to he if it was a goal dude this kid is for reali
lol.

Subban's value is about a 2nd round pick and Salvador at best.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Next Best Thing*

Take out the rights to Gionta..

Take out Salvador...

Start over.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Lapierre for captain

I wouldn't trade him dude that's all I'm saying cuz if they do it'll be a mistake

Old
06-22-2009, 11:59 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Regardless of whether or not this is fair value, Montreal has no interest in a deal like this. If Subban is being traded it'd be revolving around a top-six forward, preferably a centerman.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway Schenn View Post
lol.

Subban's value is about a 2nd round pick and Salvador at best.
I think his value is a 1st and that's it. Which is slightly better than Salvador and a 2nd.

My reasoning is this: When he was drafted in the 2nd round, he was drafted as a project with tons of upside but alot of question marks as to whether he would get there. Well, everything he's done since his draft day has indicated that he will develop into an NHLer which is why I would argue that his value as a draftee would be higher today than it was 2 years ago. Thus if a team was dead set on acquiring him, the Habs would need their 1st in return. (lower end of course)

With that said, Salvador, Gionta's rights and a 1st is definitely too much for Subban alone.

Quagmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
embracedbias

If he was traded it would be to fill a need for Montreal, not to gain more prospects (i.e, the first rounder).

Having said that, he is a prospect. There is no way his value is that high. He is still at least a year away from the NHL is he not?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Say what?

Last edited by Sony Eriksson*: 06-22-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier View Post
I think his value is a 1st and that's it. Which is slightly better than Salvador and a 2nd.

My reasoning is this: When he was drafted in the 2nd round, he was drafted as a project with tons of upside but alot of question marks as to whether he would get there. Well, everything he's done since his draft day has indicated that he will develop into an NHLer which is why I would argue that his value as a draftee would be higher today than it was 2 years ago. Thus if a team was dead set on acquiring him, the Habs would need their 1st in return. (lower end of course)

With that said, Salvador, Gionta's rights and a 1st is definitely too much for Subban alone.
This.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

I'm not sure why the Habs would trade him unless he's in some sort of package to send a star to Montreal.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Karl Hungus

Why would the Habs want to move him as the best player in a deal?

He's much more valuable to the team as a piece of a larger package aimed at landing a top player through a trade or to move up at the draft.

Karl Hungus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I imagine Subban is probably one of those players who has a broader range of subjective value to individual GMs than some other players might have. You'd have to find one example of a GM who was really high on his odds of fulfilling his potential in order to get let's say a Salvador+1st kind of return on him. (i.e. generic solid NHL defenseman + mid-late 1st). I wouldn't be surprised if such a GM exists, however. No idea if Lamoriello would be one such.

But even then, that kind of deal is not going to interest the Habs. Higher end prospects rarely get dealt, and then they are indeed most frequently only given up as components of deals for really big name players. The Habs are better off just waiting to see how Subban pans out. A generic defenseman like Salvador is always available on the UFA market, and why reset the clock a couple years by taking a new prospect with the 1st? There's no motivation there for the Habs to deal Subban.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Pascal

Subban ain't going anywhere.. and even as a Habs fan I can say it's overpayment for him or for most prospects for that matter. However I do think Subban's potential ceiling (a Mike Green Jr.) makes him worth enough to keep because unless we get something like a #1 C back we're better off keeping him.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
For a prospect?
Would you want to trade your teams top prospect for Salvador and a late 1st rounder?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 12:54 PM
BattleGuy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Subban ain't going anywhere.. and even as a Habs fan I can say it's overpayment for him or for most prospects for that matter. However I do think Subban's potential ceiling (a Mike Green Jr.) makes him worth enough to keep because unless we get something like a #1 C back we're better off keeping him.
PK Subban has nothing on Mike Green. He was a late 2nd round pick in a weak draft. His value is a late 2nd rounder in this draft or a B prospect. He will never play on the top pairing unless a team is injury plaqued. IMO is upside is a solid 4-5 Dman. I know people like to over rate prospects on this board. People who think they will get a 1st + for this kid need to get their heads out of the clouds. One solid tournament doesn't raise your stock that much.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
PK Subban has nothing on Mike Green. He was a late 2nd round pick in a weak draft. His value is a late 2nd rounder in this draft or a B prospect. He will never play on the top pairing unless a team is injury plaqued. IMO is upside is a solid 4-5 Dman. I know people like to over rate prospects on this board. People who think they will get a 1st + for this kid need to get their heads out of the clouds. One solid tournament doesn't raise your stock that much.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but be aware that it is probably not the consensus. Just because you are only equipped to judge him on one tournament doesn't mean that the rest of the world is doing so. His overall prospect ranking here or by THN would suggest that his consensus value is considerably higher than a late 2nd rounder in this draft or a B prospect. If you get a chance to talk to Mr. Gainey, ask him if he would trade Subban for a mid-late 1st round pick. And I guess prepare to be surprised by his answer.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
Oh you are dead wrong about Subban. It's not even the one tournament, he graduated with top honours from Belville and was the highest rated D-man from his league. Next year he will play in Hamilton and get a call-up somewhere around the mid mark of the season if all goes well for him.

PK was an absolute steal in the second round.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote