HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs Coaches fired

Old
06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
I definitely think Guy Boucher is coming..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Boucher groulx combo in hamilton

*drools*
Why would Groulx go from head coach of the Panthers farm team to assistant-coach to Boucher? Or do you think Boucher would be the assistant to Groulx? When Boucher admitted having some NHL offers on top of that?

I just feel that if Boucher doesn't have the head coaching job in Hamilton, he's not coming.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would Groulx go from head coach of the Panthers farm team to assistant-coach to Boucher? Or do you think Boucher would be the assistant to Groulx? When Boucher admitted having some NHL offers on top of that?

I just feel that if Boucher doesn't have the head coaching job in Hamilton, he's not coming.
stop spitting on my fantasm

--------------

*drools*

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
dcyhabs

Waste.

Bleah. Letting good people walk.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Meh, I guess this is the last thread I'll get to post this in.

That said. Who cares.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Meh, I guess this is the last thread I'll get to post this in.

That said. Who cares.
LOL @ Niniimaassistant-captain

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:32 AM
not quite yoda

i think boucher would great in hamilton. but if he s so great why don t people suggest him as an assistant to martin?

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 05:52 AM
dcyhabs

But they are keeping Muller...

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:51 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
i think boucher would great in hamilton. but if he s so great why don t people suggest him as an assistant to martin?
He is still very young, he has to make his class in the AHL just like the others and he is the first one to admit it..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:42 AM
neofury*

One thing I will say though and I'm not on either side but I feel it's a good point. For all the talk about how good Lever was with our younger players etc, where has it all gone? They seem to have a lot of trouble making the AHL to NHL transition. Not saying it's lever's fault, but practically every player we draft seems to have this transitional issue. It could be just poor luck at who we draft, it could be upper management bringing players up too early, but for all the talk about how great this guy is with our youth, it certainly hasn't translated to the NHL level imo. I guess you could name a few guys who have made an impact but the ones who have people expected much more from and the ones that didn't were at least expected to be decent. Maybe management didn't like something the hamilton coaching staff was doing who knows, all I'm saying is that for a guy that people talk the world about, I don't see any players living up to expectations really, granted us fans do have high expectations, but when you see the Getzlaf's and the Kopitar's and the Carter's of the NHL, it's hard not to.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:21 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
I wasn't impressed as much with Lever/Wilson as most Dog fans. When things didn't work Lever didn't adjust, maybe he was told certain prospects had to play regardless. although having a good record when Lever left, things seemed to be very confused at the defensive end of the bench. Don't know anything about Boucher other than his record but he will provide a french connection that was missing last year. So lets move on.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:34 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I was never the biggest Lever fan but he did win a cup so I stopped complaining, just didn't like how he would call out players in the media, he has really ripped a few players in the past (like Locke, Milroy and others)

Once I heard about Lever and Wilson being told they can look for another job, it became clear they wouldn't be back, with a new headcoach, I don't see a problem with this, plus all the rumors of the Habs wanting to get Boucher in Hamilton. Hopefully whoever is the replacement staff in Hamilton can do a good job, I got to think management wasn't too happy with the lack of success in the playoffs this year and with the regression of all the young players from Hamilton, but that's just a guess.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:40 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I was never the biggest Lever fan but he did win a cup so I stopped complaining, just didn't like how he would call out players in the media, he has really ripped a few players in the past (like Locke, Milroy and others)

Once I heard about Lever and Wilson being told they can look for another job, it became clear they wouldn't be back, with a new headcoach, I don't see a problem with this, plus all the rumors of the Habs wanting to get Boucher in Hamilton. Hopefully whoever is the replacement staff in Hamilton can do a good job, I got to think management wasn't too happy with the lack of success in the playoffs this year and with the regression of all the young players from Hamilton, but that's just a guess.
do you mean the guy in montreal? (kostitsyns,obyrne,price,higgins,plekanec,ect) so i dont know how this is Lever fault`?

i tought the young guys in hamilton developped well this year (weber,maxwell,white,pacioretty ect)

anyway, i hope boucher get the job

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:51 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
do you mean the guy in montreal? (kostitsyns,obyrne,price,higgins,plekanec,ect) so i dont know how this is Lever fault`?

i tought the young guys in hamilton developped well this year (weber,maxwell,white,pacioretty ect)

anyway, i hope boucher get the job
Yes the guys in Montreal. They were developed under Lever (not Higgins/Pleks and I'm not counting Price) so I don't see why he wouldn't get some of the blame.

It was a good year for the guys in Hamilton, but clearly Gainey felt something was wrong since he is going in a different direction.

Old
06-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Go Habs Go

I don't know much about Boucher but why do some guys here have such a huge chubbie for this guy?

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I don't know much about Boucher but why do some guys here have such a huge chubbie for this guy?
He's recognize for his innovative PP methods and a new way of coaching.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
What a turnaround the Volts had this year, to go from one of the bottom teams in the Q to winning the QMJHL championship the next year. Plus he looks like a very intense coach, I watched him in the playoffs and his eyes would get real big when he talks to his players, and his players seemed to get the message.

Since other NHL teams are interested in him, I think it would be good to get him in our system now and groom him as a possible coach for us down the road.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Domenic

Seems the only person not losing his job in Montreal is...

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yes the guys in Montreal. They were developed under Lever (not Higgins/Pleks and I'm not counting Price) so I don't see why he wouldn't get some of the blame.

It was a good year for the guys in Hamilton, but clearly Gainey felt something was wrong since he is going in a different direction.
I don't follow this logic at all.

If the players performed well in Hamilton and only regressed once reaching the NHL, then surely the blame rests squarely on teh shoulders of our NHL coaching staff.

It seems Lever did his job, which was to develop players to the point where they were ready for the NHL. At that point it's someone elses job to help them make that "next step", and that's where we've failed completely.

It just seems odd to me to blame Lever, like it's his fault that players are not performing once they're out of his control? I would think at least 95% of the blame must go to carbo, and our assistant coaches, not to Lever who got them to an NHL level in the first place.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Partly because he had a good season and partly because he would fill the french connection which was missing last year.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:00 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I don't follow this logic at all.

If the players performed well in Hamilton and only regressed once reaching the NHL, then surely the blame rests squarely on teh shoulders of our NHL coaching staff.

It seems Lever did his job, which was to develop players to the point where they were ready for the NHL. At that point it's someone elses job to help them make that "next step", and that's where we've failed completely.

It just seems odd to me to blame Lever, like it's his fault that players are not performing once they're out of his control? I would think at least 95% of the blame must go to carbo, and our assistant coaches, not to Lever who got them to an NHL level in the first place.

My take is that Lever gets some of the blame as well as Carbo, Gainey and Timmins. Since Lever is out of a job, I assume that management is not happy with him or he'd still be here, unless JM really wanted a say in who was the AHL coach, not sure if that would even work out that way.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Puckhead58*

They weren't fired....they just didn't have their contracts renewed....so they were let go.

The whole Lever being upset crap was blown out of proportion. He was told months ago that he was free to look for a job elsewhere. He should have known that meant he likely wouldn't be back in Hamilton or with the Habs.

The media made a much bigger deal about this than there should have been. The Habs decided to go in a different direction....thats a good enough reason for me and Lever should have seen it coming a month ago when he was given permission to find another job.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote