HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Blade for the S15 hockey shaft

Old
06-29-2009, 03:24 PM
TheZherdev

vCash: 500
Blade for the S15 hockey shaft

So I just got 2 new S15 hockey shafts delivered and put in two rbk 2k wood curves in them (Its also the first time I have bought rbk blades). Problem is the part that goes into the shaft is just a bit too skinny so that when I use it, I can feel the blade wiggling a little in the shaft. Its the same problem with both sticks with two different blades so I doubt the blade or the shaft is defective. Anyone have any clue why this is happening?

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:27 PM
190Octane

Sometimes they can be off a little... if you're sure they are standard blades, try putting a strip of tape or two over them to get them to tighten up.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Hockeyfan68

Unfortunately the different companies do not offer exactly the same measurements for the hosel. Close but not quite ... may Bauer shafts fit bauer Blades perfectly and that is about all. The rest I have to put a strip of tape over the hosel piece and then I butter it up with hot glue from a hot glue stick.

that usually fixes it like the dude above this post said as well.

if your blade really wiggles I would bet that you bought Junior blades and are trying to use it in a standard shaft. A defensman on our team did that once and we all laughed at him .... hehe.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote