HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

Which is better hockey?

Old
06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Redfox77

vCash: 500
Which is better hockey?

Tier 3 Jr. A, 18uAAA, Prep School, Or Jr. B?

Redfox77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:10 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Are we talking Canadian Jr. B or American Jr. B? Theoretically a Tier III Jr. A team would be better than a Tier III Jr. B team. Hell, even teams in the EJHL and AJHL are lightyears ahead of the likes of the NPHL, WSHL, and the CSHL.

That said, I believe Midget Major U18 AAA is probably the best route for the players. With schools like Shattuck close behind. I'm not sure what would be considered the "best hockey" from a fan perspective.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Redfox77

Sorry about the confusion, American Jr. b. I would obviously think Jr.A is higher. But What about compared to Prep, and 18uAAA? How does it compared in level?

I would have this
1. Jr.A
2. Prep/18uAAA?
3. Jr. B

Old
06-23-2009, 01:29 PM
xicethug13x

us jr B would definitly be at the bottom....as for the prep schhols it depends on which team your playing on at the school...the top teams are basically 18u aaa as they play against them...as far as tier3 jrA it depends on which one the ejhl is very good then the others are a step behind....i would say a good AAA team is best

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:21 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
us jr B would definitly be at the bottom....as for the prep schhols it depends on which team your playing on at the school...the top teams are basically 18u aaa as they play against them...as far as tier3 jrA it depends on which one the ejhl is very good then the others are a step behind....i would say a good AAA team is best
Yeah I agree with xicethug! my ranking is: Jr. A on top (although if your talking III Jr. A, the quality varies greatly amoung the leagues. 18uAAA is a close second to Tier III Jr A. With Prep schools it depends on the region of the country, what school it is, and what team at the school your playing on; for example SSM would be closer to 18u levels while some prep schools aren't much better than Jr. B or top public high schools.

1. Jr.A
2. 18uAAA?
3a.Prep
3b. Jr. B

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Redfox77

The prep level i would be talking about is New England D1 Prep, such as your salisbury, berkshire, Kent etc...Then where would they fit in?

Old
06-26-2009, 11:00 AM
The Exiled One

USHL > NAHL = EJHL > Shattuck = Midget Major AAA = NE Prep Schools > AtlanticJHL = EmpireJHL

*Minnesota high schools can vary from the Midget Major AAA level down to below TierIII Junior B.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 02:17 PM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exiled One View Post
USHL > NAHL = EJHL > Shattuck = Midget Major AAA = NE Prep Schools > AtlanticJHL = EmpireJHL

*Minnesota high schools can vary from the Midget Major AAA level down to below TierIII Junior B.
This is pretty much dead-on.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:01 PM
AmericanJedi

ive seen a lot of AJHL and empire, they arent close. AJ is farrrrr better. I would also contend that though the prep schools may have more top end players, the league lacks the physicality of juniors. Its a different game, tough to compare.

AmericanJedi is offline   Reply With Quote