HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Rankings guy mentioned me

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 09:26 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
TSN Rankings guy mentioned me

Bolts lose 4 out 5, Sens have a dismal road record, Devils win a game then lose a game and they are all in the top 5. Flyers lose once against the Leafs and they are lower than these teams. Then along with Flyers, the Habs, Leafs, Bruins, Stars and Flames have been playing great hockey but they all below your precious top 4. I'm sorry, everyone thinks your rankings are ludicrous and that's being nice. They don't have any consistency at all. How is it possible to have teams that have lost a good amount of games over teams who have lost in a month? If your theory is true, then how in the world are getting these results with teams like New Jersey, Ottawa, Tampa Bay being the top 5? They are losing! They can't be doing too good in the stats column if they aren't winning games. It makes no sense. Furthermore, what's the point of which team would win a seven game series on a neutral rink? Playoffs aren't played on a neutral rink. They are played on the better team's home ice. I mean the Flyers should be further up according to your stats. Alexei Zhamnov took the place of JR or Primeau, take your pick. The guy has had 11 points in his last 8 games. Your rankings are absurd. You have losers in the top spots and winners in the lower spots. Then you aim to reflect what would happen if the teams met on a neutral rink for a playoff series and that will never happen. They are a joke. Also, if the hockey experts would like to get past the Bert incident and everything else, people like you and other "writers" need to stop mentioning it in their articles. Suzanne Wolfe, A Flyers fan

Suzanne, have you considered the possibility that as a Flyers fan you're just upset because I ranked other teams ahead of them? Bitterly referring to my top four as "precious" had me thinking as much. What you might take a look at is that your Flyers have played seven of 11 games at home in March, while Ottawa has played three of 12 at home and New Jersey has played four of 14 at home. Based on those numbers, are you actually surprised that the Flyers have a better record in March? This slides nicely into the point about ranking teams on neutral ice. I rank teams on neutral ice because, once I apply a value for home ice advantage, I can come up with an accurate puck line for any game. Ranking a team higher because they would have home ice advantage rewards circumstances rather than than the actual on-ice performance. Finally, as a writer, I barely mentioned the Bertuzzi thing in an article about recent violence in hockey, but I disagree with your "hide it under the rug" mentality. If people want to get past the Bertuzzi incident, the NHL needs to get rid of the senseless acts of violence that ruin a great game. Brushing it off as no big deal will never effect change. - SC

Always great to see a TSN guy call me a homer.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

You gave him a reason to because you said you were a Flyers fan. Of course he's going to say so, it's his only line of defense

Old
03-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Nice to see another personn to complain about Cullen. Well done Sue.
Seriously, this guy is a big joke. His rankings mean absolutely nothing. Sometimes, I wonder if he takes a look at the games...

Just to think that this guy is paid to write so many bullsh*t makes me sick...As an amateur journalist myself, it's incredible.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman
Nice to see another personn to complain about Cullen. Well done Sue.
Seriously, this guy is a big joke. His rankings mean absolutely nothing. Sometimes, I wonder if he takes a look at the games...

Just to think that this guy is paid to write so many bullsh*t makes me sick...As an amateur journalist myself, it's incredible.

Nice work....but gkj is right, let him guess who you cheer for.

Closed Thread