HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik or the Sedins....

Old
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

vCash: 500
Gaborik or the Sedins....

Guess Gaborik bought a house in Vancouver. Lots of spec he may be headed there with Demitra. If he goes there, they can't afford the twins. Are they DL type players, would we want them. Could we keep Fro if we signed them, Not sure if I like them but could be interesting.

Frolov Kopitar Williams
Sedin1 Sedin 2 Brown

Pretty good top 6

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Guess Gaborik bought a house in Vancouver. Lots of spec he may be headed there with Demitra. If he goes there, they can't afford the twins. Are they DL type players, would we want them. Could we keep Fro if we signed them, Not sure if I like them but could be interesting.

Frolov Kopitar Williams
Sedin1 Sedin 2 Brown

Pretty good top 6
But ... but....what happens to guys like Stoll and Moller???

Personally, I'm against adding that much salary. One top 6 FA addition is enough.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:

Frolov Kopitar Williams
Sedin1 Sedin 2 Brown

Pretty good top 6
Dean could do that....but Stoll and/or Handzus would have to go (spending 40% of the cap on centers is a waste). I guess it really depends on what it would cost to get both.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
But ... but....what happens to guys like Stoll and Moller???

Personally, I'm against adding that much salary. One top 6 FA addition is enough.
Ya good point, than dang Stoll. Moller needs a year in Manchester, Stoll could be trade bait for all I care, does he a a NMC.

Old
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I bet they are going to Toronto.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:13 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Ya good point, than dang Stoll. Moller needs a year in Manchester, Stoll could be trade bait for all I care, does he a a NMC.
I really don't think Lombardi has any intention of trading Stoll any time soon after just giving him a handsome contract.

Old
06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
SFKingshomer

Move Handzus to Stoll's wing for 2 seasons until Lewis or one of the prospects is ready to takeover.

SFKingshomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:23 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Move Handzus to Stoll's wing for 2 seasons until Lewis or one of the prospects is ready to takeover.
That might work, would be a great 3rd line to.

Old
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I really don't think Lombardi has any intention of trading Stoll any time soon after just giving him a handsome contract.
Didn't we say the same thing about Visnovsky and O'Sullivan?

Old
06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Does anybody on this board relaize that it matters not what was said yesterday by the "smartest man in the room" because today he has all the answers he didnt have yesterday, just like tomorrow he will have all the ones he didnt have today.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Didn't we say the same thing about Visnovsky and O'Sullivan?
Visnovsky was never "DL's player" so you could say that a sign and trade was the plan all along. As for O'Sullivan, I can't remember when he received his contract. I don't recall it being too near the time when he was traded. My thinking is that Sully was underachieving in the eyes of Lombardi, and when the opportunity to get Williams presented itself, trade voila. Point being, Lombardi may eventually trade Stoll but I don't think it's any time SOON. And by soon I mean this summer, which is the idea behind getting the Sedins, isn't it?

Old
06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Visnovsky was never "DL's player" so you could say that a sign and trade was the plan all along. As for O'Sullivan, I can't remember when he received his contract. I don't recall it being too near the time when he was traded. My thinking is that Sully was underachieving in the eyes of Lombardi, and when the opportunity to get Williams presented itself, trade voila. Point being, Lombardi may eventually trade Stoll but I don't think it's any time SOON. And by soon I mean this summer, which is the idea behind getting the Sedins, isn't it?
Dean could have traded Visnovsky before he gave him an extension and a NTC and would have probably gotten more in return....So I do not agree with that theory.

O'Sullivan was traded within 6 months of signing a 3 year contract.....

As for the Sedins...if Dean signed both of them there is no reason to keep Stoll. Even if Dean traded Stoll for draft picks a team with both Sedins and no Stoll is better than one with Stoll and no Sedins.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:12 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Another question, would the Twins play in front of Kopi and Fro.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:15 PM
MxH0CKEY

Pretty good?
More like AMAZING!

It is possible to put the Twins with Kopi

Kopitar-Sedin1-Sedin2
or
Seding1-Kopitar-Sedin2

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:20 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Dean could have traded Visnovsky before he gave him an extension and a NTC and would have probably gotten more in return....So I do not agree with that theory.

O'Sullivan was traded within 6 months of signing a 3 year contract.....

As for the Sedins...if Dean signed both of them there is no reason to keep Stoll. Even if Dean traded Stoll for draft picks a team with both Sedins and no Stoll is better than one with Stoll and no Sedins.
All very true, but wouldn't trading Stoll so soon after acquiring him be another instance where Lombardi looks like he's backtracking and trying to make up for a mistake? How many more of these instances can his reputation take? I'm simply trying to see this through my GM goggles. Too much shuffling around can show that his plan has effectively gone to ****. Whereas, trading picks and stocked-up prospects for high-end talent shows a clear direction. That is what I foresee Dean doing, rather than trading away established players he has only just acquired.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Face Wash

The ultimate in cap inflexibility....

Spending $12 mil on the Siamese twins.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
I think you would want some beef out there with the Sedins. Brown or perhaps Williams.

I like the idea of adding 50 goals and 160 points or so. It would show that Deano is willing to start winning NOW.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
All very true, but wouldn't trading Stoll so soon after acquiring him be another instance where Lombardi looks like he's backtracking and trying to make up for a mistake? How many more of these instances can his reputation take? I'm simply trying to see this through my GM goggles. Too much shuffling around can show that his plan has effectively gone to ****. Whereas, trading picks and stocked-up prospects for high-end talent shows a clear direction. That is what I foresee Dean doing, rather than trading away established players he has only just acquired.
Well....I do not think that the Sedin twins are a realistic option anyway....but if for some reason Dean did acquire them it would obviously not be something that he planned for when he originally traded for Stoll.

It would like if Dean was offered Malkin in a trade....even though Kopitar was just signed for a long term contract Malkin would make Kopitar expendable.....and I am sure fans would understand Dean trading Kopitar away if he was given the opportunity to acquire Malkin.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:38 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Hey Capt, what do ya see happening this summer, some on here do value your opinion. I dont see the Twins coming in, do ya think we stand pat or make a few moves. I think we dont change to much.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Hey Capt, what do ya see happening this summer, some on here do value your opinion. I dont see the Twins coming in, do ya think we stand pat or make a few moves. I think we dont change to much.
Honestly I would like to see Dean amaze me and make a real go at getting either Gaborik or Hossa......but in the end I think he will get some 2nd tier players and we will be talking about next year being the pivotal year.....but I would love to be wrong about that.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Honestly I would like to see Dean amaze me and make a real go at getting either Gaborik or Hossa......but in the end I think he will get some 2nd tier players and we will be talking about next year being the pivotal year.....but I would love to be wrong about that.
I have a feeling you may be right, the GM breakfast did not sound to promising. I don't like Hossa to much. I will get blasted but he seems to be the piece you get when you are pushing for the cup, he just doesn't seem to fit, for me anyways. Are there good free agents next year that DL maybe targeting and he grads a 2nd tier this year like a Poni or Sturm.

Old
06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I have a feeling you may be right, the GM breakfast did not sound to promising. I don't like Hossa to much. I will get blasted but he seems to be the piece you get when you are pushing for the cup, he just doesn't seem to fit, for me anyways. Are there good free agents next year that DL maybe targeting and he grads a 2nd tier this year like a Poni or Sturm.
There could be....Ilya Kovalchuk and Rick Nash come to mind....but I think at least one...if not both will be resigned this season....so hoping for them may be a waste of time.

Old
06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Another question, would the Twins play in front of Kopi and Fro.
just make it a 1A, 1B lines. the Sedins get their points but they need secondary scoring to make a team good

since they arent dominant players

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:

Frolov Kopitar Williams
Sedin1 Sedin 2 Brown

Pretty good top 6
That's one of the best top six in the league, and no, we can't afford it.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:17 PM
MrOiler

Gaborik is a great player, but he only plays 60 games a year.

MrOiler is offline   Reply With Quote