HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What might the lines be if...?

Old
06-23-2009, 06:50 AM
abstrusezincate

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to abstrusezincate Send a message via Yahoo to abstrusezincate
What might the lines be if...?

Hi,

I'm working as a GM in a fantasy league here, and I've substantially altered the Flyers roster through trades and salary moves. What I was wondering if some of you could give me suggestions what lines you think might result with the roster below, and any ideas as to what I need to add are most welcome.

The thought is to get tougher defensively while retaining a solid core. Briere and Gagne are both gone, as are Carcillo, Asham, and picks. I have a little over six million with which to sign a backup goalie, four forwards, and a defenseman. Finding two wings for the top lines is my priority now, though I'm thinking Giroux can move up, potentially.

Thanks!

Quote:
Philadelphia Flyers Roster

What Colors Mean
Signed Through 2010 Season or Later
Unrestricted Free Agent
Restricted Free Agent
Added through Trade

2009 Draft Selections

Forwards
Mike Richards (5.75)
Jeff Carter (5.0)
Joffrey Lupul (4.25)
Scott Hartnell (4.2)
Mike Knuble
Andreas Nodl (.850)
Claude Giroux (.8217)
Nigel Dawes (.5875) from Phoenix
Riley Cote (.550)
Darroll Powe (.520)

Defensemen
Kimmo Timonen (6.333)
Chris Pronger (6.25) from Anaheim
Matthew Carle (3.438)
Randy Jones (2.75)
Braydon Coburn (1.3)
Andrew Alberts
Ryan Parent (.855)

Goaltenders
J.S. Giguere (6.0) from Anaheim
Martin Biron
Antero Nittymaki

Top Prospects
forthcoming

Additional Notes

Approximately $49.5 million is committed in cap space, not counting unsigned free agents.

abstrusezincate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:54 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
FA forward*-Richards-Knuble(re-signed)
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Powe-Giroux-FA forward**
Dawes-FA forward***-Nodl

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Carle
Parent-FA defenseman

Giguere
FA goalie

First of all, waive Jones if you can. He wastes cap space, and sucks.
FA forward*-sign a guy like, well there are no top line LW in FA except Sedin, so you're ****ed there.
FA forward**-sign a guy with veteran experience and scoring ability. Powe will forecheck, Giroux will set up, you need someone to shoot. Think Recchi or Kotalik.
FA forward***-sign a guy cheap that can win faceoffs and kill penalties to take some time off Richards & Carter. Think Stephane Yelle or Mike Zigomanis.
FA defenseman-If you can waive Jones, do so and sign a veteran guy to play with Parent. Guy that is an all around defenseman, playing both offense and defense.
FA goalie-I'd sign Conklin or Boucher.

Overall, I think you gutted too much of the offense. You shouldn't have traded both Gagne & Briere, that's two first line wingers. Now we have no first line LW, and what was our greatest weapon, is now an area of concern. If you move Giroux to RW, then you have no 3rd line center.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:03 AM
abstrusezincate

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to abstrusezincate Send a message via Yahoo to abstrusezincate
Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't have traded Gagne, but I inherited the team with him already gone. That was a better contract than Briere. A deal was made to bring in Heatley by whomever owned the team previously, but the problem there is I was already over the cap.

The left wing is definitely an issue and I'm working to try to find a trade/free agent to make things balance out.

abstrusezincate is offline   Reply With Quote