HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

full mock draft (7 rounds)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2009, 01:05 PM
  #51
milkshow
Registered User
 
milkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
I'll take Detroit if it's not too late.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
  #52
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19 View Post
I'll take Philly if they are still open.
Calgary, Boston or St. Louis? Pick 1 or 2...

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
  #53
Gunners CH
Registered User
 
Gunners CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
Sure I'll take St. Louis as well.

Gunners CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
  #54
milkshow
Registered User
 
milkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Calgary, Boston or St. Louis? Pick 1 or 2...
I'm able to take on either Calgary or Boston too.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
  #55
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 708
Oh, was supposed to quote liveforthegame...

And I notice that it was Carolina who didn't have a GM, not Calgary.

liveforthegame takes Carolina and Boston?

Matt19 takes the Blues?

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 02:29 PM
  #56
Gunners CH
Registered User
 
Gunners CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Oh, was supposed to quote liveforthegame...

And I notice that it was Carolina who didn't have a GM, not Calgary.

liveforthegame takes Carolina and Boston?

Matt19 takes the Blues?

Yep, Blues and Flyers works for me.

Gunners CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
  #57
milkshow
Registered User
 
milkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Oh, was supposed to quote liveforthegame...

And I notice that it was Carolina who didn't have a GM, not Calgary.

liveforthegame takes Carolina and Boston?

Matt19 takes the Blues?
Sounds good!

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
  #58
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Top 10 Picks:
1 (NYI): C - John Tavares
2 (TBL): D - Victor Hedman
3 (COL): C - Matt Duchene
4 (ATL): C - Evander Kane
5 (LAK): LW - Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi
6 (PHX): C - Brayden Schenn
7 (TOR): D - Dmitri Kulikov
8 (DAL): D - Jared Cowen
9 (OTT): D - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
10 (EDM): C - Jordan Schroeder

It's interesting that:
1- T, H, D went 1, 2, 3; as expected.
2- MPS's stock managed to get him picked above Brayden Schenn, despite having fallen to 10th in some lists.
3- Kulikov, who some services (THN) have as low as 11th (10th in ISS rankings); was drafted ahead of Cowan, who THN has as high as 4th (and as low as 8th)
4- OEL, despite being rated as high as 4th by McKeens falls to #9.
5- Schroeder, who's low point of 15th in the TSN rankings, is drafted 10th overall.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
  #59
milkshow
Registered User
 
milkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Top 10 Picks:
1 (NYI): C - John Tavares
2 (TBL): D - Victor Hedman
3 (COL): C - Matt Duchene
4 (ATL): C - Evander Kane
5 (LAK): LW - Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi
6 (PHX): C - Brayden Schenn
7 (TOR): D - Dmitri Kulikov
8 (DAL): D - Jared Cowen
9 (OTT): D - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
10 (EDM): C - Jordan Schroeder

It's interesting that:
1- T, H, D went 1, 2, 3; as expected.
2- MPS's stock managed to get him picked above Brayden Schenn, despite having fallen to 10th in some lists.
3- Kulikov, who some services (THN) have as low as 11th (10th in ISS rankings); was drafted ahead of Cowan, who THN has as high as 4th (and as low as 8th)
4- OEL, despite being rated as high as 4th by McKeens falls to #9.
5- Schroeder, who's low point of 15th in the TSN rankings, is drafted 10th overall.
I think it's interesting Toronto picks Kulikov

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:03 PM
  #60
milkshow
Registered User
 
milkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
I think maybe we should have a time period where you have to pick after the pick before you. If the team doesn't pick then someone else drafts a player who would be appropriate for that spot. Just a thought that would give the draft a better pace.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:24 PM
  #61
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforthegame View Post
I think maybe we should have a time period where you have to pick after the pick before you. If the team doesn't pick then someone else drafts a player who would be appropriate for that spot. Just a thought that would give the draft a better pace.
Only problem is that sorta defeats the point, and to be fair, it's not like people can wait around all day.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
  #62
milkshow
Registered User
 
milkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Only problem is that sorta defeats the point, and to be fair, it's not like people can wait around all day.
True, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if we finished it after the draft.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
  #63
Jebuz
Registered User
 
Jebuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Waterdown
Country: Canada
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
With the 12th pick Minnesota selects Zack Kassian from Peterborough (OHL)

Jebuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
  #64
Jebuz
Registered User
 
Jebuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Waterdown
Country: Canada
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
With the 13th pick Buffalo selects Ryan Ellis from Windsor (OHL)

Jebuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:43 PM
  #65
sabresnyper
Registered User
 
sabresnyper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to sabresnyper
They won't take Ellis.

sabresnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
  #66
Howe Elbows 9
Registered User
 
Howe Elbows 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gävle, Sweden
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrsabre61 View Post
They won't take Ellis.
Well, in this mock draft they did.

With the 14th pick the Panthers are proud to pick John Moore.

Please move on with the Blue Jackets when #15 has been chosen, as I will probably not have time to get back on the board at that time. Wishlist includes first Scott Glennie and then Jacob Josefson.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:31 AM
  #67
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrsabre61 View Post
They won't take Ellis.
The Sabres need another top end defenseman. They regularly take smallish players. Ryan Ellis is a realistic possibility for them. Also, Vancouver is reportedly interested in Ryan Ellis and might trade up to get him - the Sabres might be a team who'd make that flip-flop, so, again, Ellis at 13 is possible.

It's also interesting that according to FC -> this is the top 14 (albeit, not in the same order).

In fact, it's also TSN's top 14 except that Schroeder took Glennie's spot.

-=-=-

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:37 AM
  #68
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlomo
Well, in this mock draft they did.

With the 14th pick the Panthers are proud to pick John Moore.

Please move on with the Blue Jackets when #15 has been chosen, as I will probably not have time to get back on the board at that time. Wishlist includes first Scott Glennie and then Jacob Josefson.
Since Columbus drafts at #16, and one of these players is available then, people who want to do this should really clarify which they want drafted first.

It might speed things up, if we limit it to a max of 2 picks ahead (unless they have the team 2 and 3 picks ahead). I.E: Since we're at 15 now, the team drafting 17 could say I want A, B, or C.... whichever is still available at 17, they get... starting at A.

This makes a lot of sense, in my mind. If we knew the order the CBJ guy waned Glennie or Josefson, we could just mark it down the moment the #15 guy picks.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:37 AM
  #69
Thefalkon
Registered User
 
Thefalkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post

This makes a lot of sense, in my mind. If we knew the order the CBJ guy waned Glennie or Josefson, we could just mark it down the moment the #15 guy picks.
He said Glennie first.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
  #70
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Any more room for me?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:50 AM
  #71
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkay2009 View Post
Any more room for me?
You can take my Atlanta team if you want.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:52 AM
  #72
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 708
Anaheim at #15: Louis Leblanc

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:14 AM
  #73
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 44,348
vCash: 500
Everyone remember to PM the next GM!

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:16 AM
  #74
Nikedine
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlomo View Post
Please move on with the Blue Jackets when #15 has been chosen, as I will probably not have time to get back on the board at that time. Wishlist includes first Scott Glennie and then Jacob Josefson.
So the Blue Jackets select Scott Glennie with the 16th pick.

St.Louis is the next team up on the podium.

Nikedine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:45 AM
  #75
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Anaheim at #15: Louis Leblanc
Off the board much? :p

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.