HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley Gives List of Teams He'd Accept Trade To

Old
06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
bigbadbruins1

vCash: 500
just to get an idea....
heatley to boston for Kessel, Sturm, and a draft pick.

I know Kessel has high value but if you think about it this can only free up cap space. Kessel Will likely look for around 5 mill and we dont have him signed. Sturm makes 3.5 million. Heatley makes 7 mill. that gives the bruin an extra 1-1.5 mill to bring some players back into the fold without losing too much. I only say that because it will essentially only be taking Kessel from last years team in this trade (sturm was on LTIR for most of the year), so essentially the bruins dish a 21 year old possible 40-50 goal scoring sophomore for a proven 30 year old 50+ goal scorer locked up long term on a quasi ridiculous contract.
Not to mention (hopefully) julien can bring the defensive game to heatley like he did to wheeler,kessel, and savard.

but think of heatley and savard... *drool*

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Heatley has scored 39, 41, 50, and 50 goals the last four seasons (not to mention 41 in 02-03). In a brief sentence or two, tell me what's overrated about that.
he's overrated because all he is, is a goal-scorer, and comes complete with his own set of baggage! for $7.5mill/yr, I'd want more than just goals... I'd want a player that could help lead the team and bring something more - whether it's good 2-way play, or physical play, or character and leadership... but more than just the ability to score goals, while everything else in his game and personality is questioned.

still one of the premier snipers in the game... but at $7.5mill/yr, I'd expect one of the game's highest paid players to bring more than just one-dimension - as great as he is at that.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
When that "one-trick pony" is a consistent 40 goal scorer he will.
And "one-trick" pony is a bit of an over-statment. But then I forgot, everyone on the Kings roster is 10x the player Danny is, they really don't need him.

You don't want him, you don't want him. Sure he may have some attitude problems and he isn't a 2-way force, but let's not pretend he isn't an all-world talent, you just make yourself look like an idiot.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Heatley is disgustingly overrated on these boards. He's worth no more than a decent roster player, a prospect, and a late first/early second.
Bieksa + Raymond + Canucks first round pick?

Only thing I don't like is Heatley's cap hit after this year and going forward.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Hell no.
That's funny because I would think you would and you should be jumping all over this deal

A negatively valued salary dump, a debatable top 6 forward, one good prospect and a mid-first for a proven 50 goal scorer in his prime

It would be more like Staal, Dubinsky, Del Zotto and a 1st, you aren't getting Heatley for your garbage

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:31 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
And "one-trick" pony is a bit of an over-statment. But then I forgot, everyone on the Kings roster is 10x the player Danny is, they really don't need him.

You don't want him, you don't want him. Sure he may have some attitude problems and he isn't a 2-way force, but let's not pretend he isn't an all-world talent, you just make yourself look like an idiot.
So a team is supposed to give up multiple assets and a huge chunk of cap space for a 1 dimensional winger with attitude issues? I don't care how good he is on the ice, he's not worth the problems off it.

SFKingshomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:33 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
That's funny because I would think you would and you should be jumping all over this deal

A negatively valued salary dump, a debatable top 6 forward, one good prospect and a mid-first for a proven 50 goal scorer in his prime

It would be more like Staal, Dubinsky, Del Zotto and a 1st, you aren't getting Heatley for your garbage
Must be nice to dream.

Old
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Vitto79

To deal him they will have to take salary back, Rozsival has 3 years left to Heatleys 5 yrs.

Zherdev can get some goals to replace him

2nd rounder..............Rangers would have to do it so they can get Gomez a winger. Would like to see Antropov resigned to round that out

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:37 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Must be nice to dream.
I thought you didn't like one dimensional players? Marc Staal is as one dimensional as they come. He's a great shut down defenseman, and will be that for his entire career, but he won't be much of an offensive player.

Or is it only bad when you're "just a goalscorer"? Is being just a defensive guy ok, whereas being just offense is terrible?

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SammyTheBull

Quote:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...97071-sun.html

But there could be some flexibility -- he may agree to go somewhere not listed. Sources told Sun Media the Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins were among the teams submitted to Murray by Heatley's agents J.P. Barry and Stacey McAlpine.

By BRUCE GARRIOCH, SUN MEDIA

Garrioch is the source of this "rumour".

Quote:
I'll be "Hickey" like shocked if DL has any interest in Heatley. I can see him going after Vinny though.
Enjoy.

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Heatley has scored 39, 41, 50, and 50 goals the last four seasons (not to mention 41 in 02-03). In a brief sentence or two, tell me what's overrated about that.
Absolutely nothing.

He's a premier forward in this league who will fetch the Sens an exceptional package.

Hossa, Gaborik, and Cammalleri's UFA status, and Heatley's public demands will unfortunately have some sort of effect on his value, but not to the point where he'll come cheap.

Those labeling him as overrated must not appreciate 200lb+ All-Star forwards who average over a point per game and are under 30.

He has a very attractive salary too, considering how much bang he provides over some other players in the league who earn as much as him.

Quality NHL forward, Quality prospect(s), and a high end draft pick. Anything less is an insult considering how productive a player Dany's been throughout his career.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nich

people need to stop over valuing heatley....great [player no doubt, but the minute he demanded a trade and it went public, his worth was split in half.

and now that he wants to play for nothing but mostly cap strapped teams, it just dropped some more.

rangers wouldn't have to give up anything close to staal, dubi, del zotto and their first this year for him...no way no how...

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Beerfish

Guys with tremendous skill or talent who are complete players and have no issues at all are never available. To get top end talent most of the time as a team you are going to have to over look some of the warts on these guys. A lot of skilled players who are lauded now (Savard, Kovalchuk) were in the same boat not more than a few years back.

As for this issue with him asking to be traded. The well respected coach of the NYJ devils just walked out on his team and signed with another team with multiple years left on his contract. Does that make him stink as a coach?

Stars with a complete game are rarely available. It's up to any team that deals for this guy to make him a more complete player. I'll tell you one thing, as a fan whose last 40 plus goal scorer was Peter freakin Klima I very much want a guy whose worst season in the last 5 is as good as our best scores season in about the past 20.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
I thought you didn't like one dimensional players? Marc Staal is as one dimensional as they come. He's a great shut down defenseman, and will be that for his entire career, but he won't be much of an offensive player.

Or is it only bad when you're "just a goalscorer"? Is being just a defensive guy ok, whereas being just offense is terrible?
Staal isn't making 7.5 million to do his job. Heatley would be a fine player for about 5 million but I still wouldn't want his attitude around a bunch of kids. He's been a problem under 3 coaches, when does it end?

Old
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Nich

Quote:

False. He has good offensive skills which he has started to show at the end of the last year.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Heaters not lazt*

To Boston:
Dany Heatley
Patrick Wiercioch
1st round pick (this or next year)

To Ottawa:
Phil Kessel
Michael Ryder
Aaron Ward
1st 09
Prospect (Zach Hamil/Matt Marquardt)

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
So a team is supposed to give up multiple assets and a huge chunk of cap space for a 1 dimensional winger with attitude issues? I don't care how good he is on the ice, he's not worth the problems off it.
you're right. it's far better to give a huge chunk of cap space to players who don't perform. it's easy to not have an attitude when you get get paid $7M and top out at 55 points.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:43 PM
God
Free Citizen

don'ttradehodgsondon'ttradehodgsondon'ttradehodgso n

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:45 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaters not lazt View Post
To Boston:
Dany Heatley
Patrick Wiercioch
1st round pick (this or next year)

To Ottawa:
Phil Kessel
Michael Ryder
Aaron Ward
1st 09
Prospect (Zach Hamil/Matt Marquardt)
why are we giving up a promising prospect and a first round pick along with heatley? Wiercioch would be a late first rounder if everyone got a chance to re-do the 08 draft, and our first this year is 9th overall. I shouldnt even have to mention that to trade a player of heatley's caliber within the division, we have to be completely sure we are winning the deal outright, now and in the future. PC isnt stupid enough to make a deal that matches that criteria, so i think it's safe to rule boston out.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
False. He has good offensive skills which he has started to show at the end of the last year.....
When he finished the season with 15 points? Staal has the offensive upside of a Chris Phillips, which isn't great.

That isn't to say he's not a very good player. He is, and everyone would love a Marc Staal on their team, but he'll bring one main dimension to the table, shutdown play. Just like guys like Volchenkov, Schenn, etc.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
don'ttradehodgsondon'ttradehodgsondon'ttradehodgso n
If Hodgson turns out to be half the plaer Heatley is I'd be amazed.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
danaluvsthekings

Quote:

Shutdown defensemen aren't going to be taking up huge chunks of the cap at $7.5 mil.

No one is saying Heatley's not a talented offensive forward, but if you're going to be spending that much money on one player, he's got to bring more to the table than goal scoring if he's going to be making that much. It would be shocking to see LA make a move that limits their cap flexibility when they're going to need to sign some of their younger players to new contracts.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Flapjack*

As I stated before, the trade SHOULD be Heatley for Campbell eve, ad should happe at the draft, with possibly some draft picks going back to OTT also.

Heatleys value is at an all time low, coming off a mediocre year by his standards, then going thru the media for a trade, crippling his value.

Campbell makes sense for both clubs, both have horrible contracts, and honestly, Campbell might be the best offer that comes the Sens way.

Heatley will look good on a line with Toews, thats for sure, and will place comfortably in the Hawks lineup, an upgrade to the departing Havlat.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:47 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
why are we giving up a promising prospect and a first round pick along with heatley? Wiercioch would be a late first rounder if everyone got a chance to re-do the 08 draft, and our first this year is 9th overall. I shouldnt even have to mention that to trade a player of heatley's caliber within the division, we have to be completely sure we are winning the deal outright, now and in the future. PC isnt stupid enough to make a deal that matches that criteria, so i think it's safe to rule boston out.
look at my proposal.
I think ditching kessel and sturm is our best bet to get heatley and also lose about 1 mill in cap space so we can sign other players. add in a 2nd in '10 or something of that sort and I see it being an equal value trade.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:48 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
As I stated before, the trade SHOULD be Heatley for Campbell eve, ad should happe at the draft, with possibly some draft picks going back to OTT also.

Heatleys value is at an all time low, coming off a mediocre year by his standards, then going thru the media for a trade, crippling his value.

Campbell makes sense for both clubs, both have horrible contracts, and honestly, Campbell might be the best offer that comes the Sens way.

Heatley will look good on a line with Toews, thats for sure, and will place comfortably in the Hawks lineup, an upgrade to the departing Havlat.
He's welcome in LA as Handzus is one of his best friends....