HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Mike Komisarek to test market?

Old
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
juggernaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Comparing Pintos and Taurus to Marinaro and Eklund is a really big insult to all the Fords out there (I'm not a big fan of Ford either).... now Lada and Fiat, that's much closer...

Well okay, the Ladas are Blanchard, Todd and Tremblay. I think we can agree on this.

I thought he had JoJo Savard among his contacts.

Yeah Beauchemin is the logical choice to replace Komi. Not only is he 4 inch smaller (about an inch taller than Koivu), but he's also about 30 pounds lighter than Komi.

Yeah, quite logical.
Exactly! Come on Bob sign Hal Gil ASAP.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 04:38 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Yeah Beauchemin is the logical choice to replace Komi. Not only is he 4 inch smaller (about an inch taller than Koivu), but he's also about 30 pounds lighter than Komi.

Yeah, quite logical.
Beauchemin isn't as physical as Komisarek but he's not afraid to throw hits... would you say Kronwall isn't a physical d-man because he's only 6 feet high?

But, at least, Beauchemin won't commit bone-head mistakes by the dozen in his zone... I admit Komi's injuries might be the cause of how ****** he played, but sometimes it's better to sacrifice physicality for talent... just like I still prefer having Hammer than Souray.

Basically, if Komi wants a reasonnable deal (actually an incredibly good offer) of 4,5mil a season, I'd gladly welcome him back... but if he asks for more or becomes a diva and doesn't want to stay here... it's far from the end of the world there are a lot of replacements that are as good or better than him.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Beauchemin isn't as physical as Komisarek but he's not afraid to throw hits... would you say Kronwall isn't a physical d-man because he's only 6 feet high?

But, at least, Beauchemin won't commit bone-head mistakes by the dozen in his zone... I admit Komi's injuries might be the cause of how ****** he played, but sometimes it's better to sacrifice physicality for talent... just like I still prefer having Hammer than Souray.

Basically, if Komi wants a reasonnable deal (actually an incredibly good offer) of 4,5mil a season, I'd gladly welcome him back... but if he asks for more or becomes a diva and doesn't want to stay here... it's far from the end of the world there are a lot of replacements that are as good or better than him.
My point is that Beauchemin won't come here to =replace= Komi. Short of O'Byrne making a nice comeback after a rough season, we won't have big bodies in our zone, with Hammer being our biggest Dman at 6'2 and 220. Its fine to have physical Dmen, but you also need at least one or two big bodies who can skate well.

Somehow, we'll need to find someone who replace Komi's presence.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 06-22-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Globalz

Quote:
So now Marinaro's sources include Moving companies.

Quite the PR there.

My friend just told me he saw Martin Havlat buying ice cream in the old port with a beautiful blonde babe!!!!

He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!!
Nothing new there Havlat always spends his summers in Mtl.

Globalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
juggernaut

Quote:
My point is that Beauchemin won't come here to =replace= Komi. Short of O'Byrne making a nice comeback after a rough season, we won't have big bodies in our zone, with Hammer being our biggest Dman at 6'2 and 220. Its fine to have physical Dmen, but you also need at least one or two big bodies who can skate well.

There are players who are smaller than komisarek that do as good a job as him eg. Kronwall that was mentioned. I agree if we lose Komisarek we need to find a player to replace him. But to say that because a player is lighter and shorter that he cannot do the same job if not better than komisarek is absurd. Beauchemin does hit and is arguably a better fighter than Komisarek. He also has a better shot and a better outlet pass than Komisarek. I would take 6 Markov's on my team any day of the week.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Marinaro always says stuff like this. He prides himself on insinuations that he doesn't have to back up, or pretends he never said anything altogether when it's proven false (remember his "report" that Souray had been pulled off the ice at practice and traded to San Jose?).

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Marinaro's a joke.
And I also heard he got a house close to the Bell Centre...

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:33 PM
FrenchHabs

Send a message via MSN to FrenchHabs
Guys, I don't think he meant that litterally... just a way of saying he thinks Kmoi won(t be back... based on nothing...

FrenchHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Marinaro's a joke.
And I also heard he got a house close to the Bell Centre...
komisarek bought a house close to the bell center?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Subban76

Quote:
It would be against NHL CBA and if any proof of it came out, the GM would in a boatload of trouble.

Go here, you will be well served : www.conspiracyplanet.com
The other poster is right. It is well known that teams start discussions before but nobody can openly admit to it because it is against the CBA. If you really think that they get these deals done in 5 minutes without talking to a few teams first....get real.

Nobody complains about it because they ALL do it.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Marinaro always says stuff like this. He prides himself on insinuations that he doesn't have to back up, or pretends he never said anything altogether when it's proven false (remember his "report" that Souray had been pulled off the ice at practice and traded to San Jose?).
I remember that... He had me hook, line, and sinker.

Marinaro needs to fill a lot of air time... so some times he spews some hot air.

He should stay away from trade rumours... he's entertaining on the radio. It can ruin his cred.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
DeVries*

Let's wrap Marinaro in a carpet and throw him down from a bridge!

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Komi View Post
The other poster is right. It is well known that teams start discussions before but nobody can openly admit to it because it is against the CBA. If you really think that they get these deals done in 5 minutes without talking to a few teams first....get real.

Nobody complains about it because they ALL do it.
Yes, for a few hours before FA starts, but not a few weeks in advance like he was pretending.

This started with him saying Komi knows where he is going. Sorry but that's ridiculous. He might already know where he WANTS to go, but there is no way his agent talked to another team than Montreal.

Get real, because if that were true, the league would be a mess when FA and trade deadline comes along. Why do you think teams acquire rights for negociation before FA opens ?????????????????? If what you are saying would be true, no GM would have to do that.

Get real? Go look in the mirror and tell that to yourself.

I find it incredibly funny when someone tells me to "get real" when they base their arguments on speculation and no proof whatsoever.

But saying "get real" makes you right, right?

Old
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalz View Post
Nothing new there Havlat always spends his summers in Mtl.
DUH!

I think all the smileys were an indication that I was being sarcastic.

Old
06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
sampollock

bob won't let this big d man go,

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:58 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1067
If we don't resign Komi, I can easily see Martin wanting Boynton here as he's a UFA as well. He would also be a cheaper signing then what Komi is supposedely asking for.
Ultimately, I'd rather have Komi but if he doesn't want to be here then you can't force him to stay and you have to address the hole in the line up he'll leave. Luckily, we have the cap space to outbid for people we realy want.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
bob won't let this big d man go,
I wish
I wish

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:13 PM
wally weir

i love komisarek's physical game and his passion for the game, and i am willing to give him a little slack for last year. i believe he played hurt after the lucic fight... i know he can be better defensively than last year. As a shutdown d-man he is one of the top in the business shot blocking and hits.however he is a unidimensional player he does not possess a good shot, most of his shots on goal get blocked, and he is not involved in the power play. how much is that worth? how easily can he be replaced?

i believe he could be compared to a robyn regehr at 4 million. if not he could be replaced by a big young kid who would be told to not worry about offense and only focus on defense.

wally weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Habs

He goes backwards in production every year.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Gainey didn't lowball Souray I heard he made him a very generous offer, even after the signing of Hamrlik. Souray didn't want to resign here.

And secondly I love how you welcome Beauchemin, Ohlund and Bouwmeester like there going to be beating down the door to sign with us. We have a long track record of signing top notch free agents don't we?
You misheard then. Souray came out later and said he would have resigned with this team, but management barely showed any interest in him only to offer him a contract a little before the deadline, a take it or leave it deal. If I was Souray I would have done the same thing, Edmonton clearly wanted him there and showed it.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He goes backwards in production every year.
LOL. This was the first season where he regressed. The other seasons were a constant progression.

I kinda see how your "logical" process goes. The present is the only reference for both the past and the future, even if the past shows a complete different story.

Wait, no.... this line of thought only works when there's something negative I guess. When its positive, the future can't hold similar positive outcomes.

So in conclusion, your line of thought is pretty much : everything always ends up being negative

Did I get it right?

Old
06-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
You misheard then. Souray came out later and said he would have resigned with this team, but management barely showed any interest in him only to offer him a contract a little before the deadline, a take it or leave it deal. If I was Souray I would have done the same thing, Edmonton clearly wanted him there and showed it.
By offering the exact same contract as the Habs did...

Habs offered 5,5 for 4-5 seasons to Souray. He got 5,4 for 5 seasons with Edmonton.

If you offer someone a contract, it means you want him. If the Habs weren't interested in Souray, why make an offer? For public discontent? Why didn't Bob do the same with Streit if he's so worried about the public's opinion????

So they made an offer, and Edmonton didn't offer anything better.

Maybe it was Souray who didn't want to come back....

Old
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Doc Hock

Relax

Isn't July 1st moving day in la belle province!!!!

So a couple of years ago he signed a lease, wouldn't you!!!!

If the Habs sign him then he takes his new income to the bank and gets a mortgage or buys outright

relax

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
By offering the exact same contract as the Habs did...

Habs offered 5,5 for 4-5 seasons to Souray. He got 5,4 for 5 seasons with Edmonton.

If you offer someone a contract, it means you want him. If the Habs weren't interested in Souray, why make an offer? For public discontent? Why didn't Bob do the same with Streit if he's so worried about the public's opinion????

So they made an offer, and Edmonton didn't offer anything better.

Maybe it was Souray who didn't want to come back....
Touche'. Also, if memory serves correct, he didn't get signed until well after the July 1st deadline. I'm sure he and his agent thought he'd get a bigger contract offer which never came. Ultimately he settled for the same figure he was offered by Gainey and didn't have to come back with his tail between his legs.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:07 PM
mastodon

Quote:
So now Marinaro's sources include Moving companies.

Quite the PR there.

My friend just told me he saw Martin Havlat buying ice cream in the old port with a beautiful blonde babe!!!!

He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!!
On a topic unrelated to the thread....doesn't Havlat live in Montreal in the offseason?

mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote