HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Mike Komisarek to test market?

Old
06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Globalz

vCash: 500
he does

yea he and zednik are both training with a couple other players in Montreal every summer.

Globalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

I thought he had JoJo Savard among his contacts.

Actually, he has that witch doctor who tried to remove the "malocchio" from Samsonov a couple of years ago ....

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 10:54 PM
MonacoBlue

Well the good news is that it appears Vancouver might not want Ohlund back...he's a solid backup plan to Komi. God it will be a disaster if the Habs don't sign at least one solid defenceman

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Magic33

Quote:
So now Marinaro's sources include Moving companies.

Quite the PR there.

My friend just told me he saw Martin Havlat buying ice cream in the old port with a beautiful blonde babe!!!!

He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!! He's coming to Montreal !!!!
He lives/trains here in the summer!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Really for the price he wants, I'm all for letting him walk. We need to sign a replacement though and Beauchemin would be a good choice.

Plus, never fear.. Brisebois will be back.
I will go to Napanee and choke you if Brisebois is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
Well the good news is that it appears Vancouver might not want Ohlund back...he's a solid backup plan to Komi. God it will be a disaster if the Habs don't sign at least one solid defenceman
From what some Canucks fans said, Ohlund's kid is sick, or needs to be in a good hospital, so before it seemed Ohlund wouldn't leave Vancouver. Though, it seems now he will, whether his kid got better, the fans were mistaken, or it's not as serious as once thought, he might go to a team that,s city has a good hospital in it.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:24 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
So the Islanders tampered and we get their first pick at this draft? :p

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon View Post
On a topic unrelated to the thread....doesn't Havlat live in Montreal in the offseason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
He lives/trains here in the summer!

OH REALLY?????????

Dear lord... two more victims of obvious sarcasm.

I mean, all those smileys, don't they make you both wonder if I'm not kidding around???????

I know full well that Havlat lives in Montreal, I was just making fun of those who think that as soon as a player sells or buys a house in Montreal it means he's leaving or coming here, like Marinaro implied about Komi.

Haven't you guys seen enough of these --->> Hossa <<--- to know that the scared smiley is an obvious sarcasm at people who jump too quick conclusions about players coming over to Montreal????

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
So the Islanders tampered and we get their first pick at this draft? :p
Well, according to some "enlighten" souls in this thread, all GMs tamper with contracted players, and no one says anything, because ALL GMS DO IT!!!

Then you have to wonder why some of the GMs aren't in the loop and acquire negotiation rights before July 1st kicks in. These poor souls, so out of touch. Or maybe they just want to give gifts to other GMs for taking away their UFAs....

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
If that what Komi wants,then he can move on and so will we

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:41 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
bob won't let this big d man go,

Not willingly, but its Komisareks choice. He's gone.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

LOL @ this thread...

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Gainey didn't lowball Souray I heard he made him a very generous offer, even after the signing of Hamrlik. Souray didn't want to resign here.
You're right. Gainey offered him just below what Markov got. Souray himself said Markov should be the highest paid player on the Habs. Like you said, he just didn't want to stay in Montreal.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post
.... between ramblings about Italy's performance at the Confederation's Cup soccer tournament, that "everyone in town seems to know that Mike Komisarek has emptied his Nun's Island condo except the Canadiens' management". He said that this morning, I believe while bantering back and forth with PJ Stock.

Pity. I expected that Komi would be gone, but it is disappointing. Why do I have the feeling our D will look like this: Markov, Schneider, Hamrlik, Beauchemin, Webber, Gorges, O'Byrne - with Subban and McDonagh waiting in the wings.

I guess Komisarek got greedy and wants to make more money than he is actually worth....typical. To be honest...I don't have much use for a player who doesn't respect the team that drafted him and turns his back on the team that brought him into the league and made him the player he is today.

Players today are never satisfied. Either they aren't making enough money or they don't like a coach or the direction the team is going....there is always something that players don't agree with and ask to get traded or opt for free agency.

Its too bad that players and the almighty dollar control everything that happens in the NHL these days.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Marinaro always says stuff like this. He prides himself on insinuations that he doesn't have to back up, or pretends he never said anything altogether when it's proven false (remember his "report" that Souray had been pulled off the ice at practice and traded to San Jose?).
Was about to post the same thing. He's one of the least professional broadcasters in the galaxy. (In spite of how hard he tries to sound the part.)

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
TheGoalJudge

See ya then Mike. I really don't want to pay a guy top 2 money, play him in my top 2 and watch him handle the puck like a grenade. New NHL, learn how to play a bit of hockey Mike.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Really for the price he wants, I'm all for letting him walk. We need to sign a replacement though and Beauchemin would be a good choice.

Plus, never fear.. Brisebois will be back.

That's the most disturbing thing I have heard on HFBoards all year!!!!

I'f Brisebois is back....then that will only prove that the Habs management have no intentions of improving the team and make them a contender....they will just be the same old team as the last 5 years.

Brisebois is without a doubt the softest defencemen in the whole league and he still makes the same mistakes he has made his whole career. I'm really sick of his long passes out of Montreal's end getting picked off and ending up in our own net because Brisebois is a tool!!!

I would rather see O'Byrne play 30 minutes a game than to watch Brisebois play 30 seconds a game!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Habs

Quote:
LOL. This was the first season where he regressed. The other seasons were a constant progression.
His stats have taken a downward slide the past three years, you can try and dress this up any way you like, but Komisarek is struggling out there.

You can blame it on a number of things, BG is certainly at fault as well, but sometimes players have to be held accountable too.

The only thing he has improved on the last three years is his penalty minutes. Everything else has been a step backwards, I'm sorry you can't find flaws in his game, maybe after BG overpays him you'll notice it.

I'm not overly negative, but I'm consistent. I've knocked Komisarek all year long, why would I stop now?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I guess Komisarek got greedy and wants to make more money than he is actually worth....typical. To be honest...I don't have much use for a player who doesn't respect the team that drafted him and turns his back on the team that brought him into the league and made him the player he is today.

Players today are never satisfied. Either they aren't making enough money or they don't like a coach or the direction the team is going....there is always something that players don't agree with and ask to get traded or opt for free agency.

Its too bad that players and the almighty dollar control everything that happens in the NHL these days.
Lol.

I'd like to know guys, where you got that Komisarek wants 5 million and that it's the reason he's gonna leave. Him being worth 5-6 millions is not anything he's said himself but what people speculated he could get after after all the hype from the 2007-2008 season. MMW, he's going to sign elsewhere, and not for 6 millions.
Him leaving would make him disrespectful towards the team and greedy? I think the fans at the Bell Centre at the end of the season were the disrespectful ones. Not to mention that this team is apparently going to suck for the next years. It seems like we are going to tank and rebuild. Why would an athlete in the prime of his career choose to stay with a bottom feeder?

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 01:25 PM
RE-HABS

Komisarek is a good DMan, but he isn't worth 6 million per which is rumored on what he wants.

He is a core 3-4 Dman and anything over 3 million per is an over payment for Komisarek who is a defensive shot blocker. He isn't tough, can't fight and has limited offensive talent.

People have Kommy on too high of a pedal stool.

6 million per is better used elsewhere, that if a top 6 forward and a top 4 Dman. So get Beauchemin and a forward.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:15 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

you know, there's all this banter about people saying "if he wants more than 5M, he can walk".

What if...he gets 4M and signs somewhere else anyways?

What will you do then?

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:38 PM
HabuseMoi

Speculation: Mike Komisarek to test market?

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277060.html

Goodby Mike Komisarek I guess

Last edited by Watsatheo: 06-23-2009 at 09:47 PM.
HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

the real reason why he is "testing the market", because he doesn't want to play in the same conference than Lucic

Sorry i liked Komi, but bye bye kansas

Big lost but let's hope Brisebois will have 1 hell of a season

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post

Good luck to him!

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
lillypad33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Good luck to him!
Way too much money....
Habs were patient with him, and he was brutal last year.
He should be giving a hometown discount....

lillypad33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:24 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
This article doesn't say much.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote