HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Petition to Keep The Coyotes in Phoenix

Old
05-06-2009, 03:35 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Petition to Keep The Coyotes in Phoenix

Sign and support Phoenix's fan base

Also posted here and here.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
The first link doesn't work.

EDIT: I got it.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I posted in their thread about this...I can certainly empathize with them, having been through this. In fact, I feel especially bad because it seems their situation is far more dire than even ours was...but the advice i gave:

RAISE HELL.

Get local government\politicians involved. Hold rallies. Get the media involved. Petitions and letters to Bettman are nice, and they don't HURT, but they won't get the job done.

I hope this works out...I wouldn't wish relocation on any team, and I certainly don't ever want Balsillie to get his way.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
braindead

I'm not sure if I can support this. If the Yotes end up in Hamilton, it increases the odds that when the Preds move they go to Vegas. I'd much rather go see them in Vegas than in Hamilton. Direct southwest flights are cheap, too.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'm not sure if I can support this. If the Yotes end up in Hamilton, it increases the odds that when the Preds move they go to Vegas. I'd much rather go see them in Vegas than in Hamilton. Direct southwest flights are cheap, too.
*SMacks you really, really, really hard upside the back of the head.*

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:27 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
yeah man, when the NHL starts moving teams you gotta know we will be on the short list of sure fire relocaters, I dont want the first domino to fall.

that and I hate Jim Balls.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
*SMacks you really, really, really hard upside the back of the head.*
Come on, man. You should know by now that I don't like to use this------------->

Anyway, I view this as another chance for Ball-sac to dig himself further into a hole with the nhl and current owners. With any luck he will wind up the most frustrated hockey fan in north america.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
yeah man, when the NHL starts moving teams you gotta know we will be on the short list of sure fire relocaters, I dont want the first domino to fall.

that and I hate Jim Balls.
Yeah cause he NHL loves to move profitable teams with local owners

other than Original 6 and huge city teams we may be the safest team in the US right now

Balsillie is a slime ball and I hope he gets nothing out of this and is told to go away forever by the BOG

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
dulzhok

Phoenix isn't all the different from Nashville (other than have 3 million more people!).

Both teams have NEVER won a playoff round.

With all the non-traditional market bashing that goes on around here, people forget the biggest attendance factor: WINNING.

When Chicago sucked for an extended period, their attendance sucked.

When Pittsburgh sucked for an extended period, their attendance sucked.

When Washington.... When Ottawa... When Winnipeg... etc, etc,

If it's a team like Chicago, people just look the other way. When it's a non-traditional place, all of they sudden, it's stupid Betman putting hockey in the south, blah blah.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 05:51 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Phoenix isn't all the different from Nashville (other than have 3 million more people!).

Both teams have NEVER won a playoff round.

With all the non-traditional market bashing that goes on around here, people forget the biggest attendance factor: WINNING.

When Chicago sucked for an extended period, their attendance sucked.

When Pittsburgh sucked for an extended period, their attendance sucked.

When Washington.... When Ottawa... When Winnipeg... etc, etc,

If it's a team like Chicago, people just look the other way. When it's a non-traditional place, all of they sudden, it's stupid Betman putting hockey in the south, blah blah.
As with ottawa attendance was not a major factor.There hardest days they were in the 16,000-17,000 range.If phoenix was avg 16,000 per game and ticket prices were good.Ok i can see there likely could be a market and there may be owners interested in keeping a team there.But there avg less then 15,000 and offer some very cheap tickets $5.95 and still have interest issue.Its not all of a sudden people were questioning bettman from putting teams in the south form day one there were people saying will this work.No matter where the markey is when you drop below 15,000 there should be atleast some concern.This really is not a matter of southern bashing its wahts best for the league.Is it best to keep teams that are suffering at the gate going or should they be moved.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:13 AM
AzYotes18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
As with ottawa attendance was not a major factor.There hardest days they were in the 16,000-17,000 range.If phoenix was avg 16,000 per game and ticket prices were good.Ok i can see there likely could be a market and there may be owners interested in keeping a team there.But there avg less then 15,000 and offer some very cheap tickets $5.95 and still have interest issue.Its not all of a sudden people were questioning bettman from putting teams in the south form day one there were people saying will this work.No matter where the markey is when you drop below 15,000 there should be atleast some concern.This really is not a matter of southern bashing its wahts best for the league.Is it best to keep teams that are suffering at the gate going or should they be moved.
Umm...we have never had tickets for $5.95 a peice. The lowest is only if you buy season tickets for the nose bleeds and they are 9.00 each, at the gate they are $15.00 for the cheapest, just to clear things up.

To all the preds fans rooting for us, A BIG FAT THANK YOU!!! It's nice to have some suport! =)

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:41 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
So YOU get to pick the criteria for what constitutes a failing franchise? Wow, I wish I could be that self important.

Many of the problems with the Yotes can be laid directly at the owners feet just like the problems that the Preds had in their market. Get rid of the retarded owner that 1) Got in a pizzing match with the city and put the arena on the opposite side of the city from where there was interest. 2) Tied the finances of the team to a failed realestate deal. [so really how much is the team losing as apposed to the realestate?] 3) Has alienated everyone except the hardcore fans, just like the Preds owner had done.

Get rid of him, put a competitive team on the ice, disconnect the teams finances from the realestate deal and you will see the franchise turn back around just like everyother franchise that ballsack has tried to hijack.

Oh and just like what happened in Ottawa...

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:53 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
So YOU get to pick the criteria for what constitutes a failing franchise? Wow, I wish I could be that self important.

Many of the problems with the Yotes can be laid directly at the owners feet just like the problems that the Preds had in their market. Get rid of the retarded owner that 1) Got in a pizzing match with the city and put the arena on the opposite side of the city from where there was interest. 2) Tied the finances of the team to a failed realestate deal. [so really how much is the team losing as apposed to the realestate?] 3) Has alienated everyone except the hardcore fans, just like the Preds owner had done.

Get rid of him, put a competitive team on the ice, disconnect the teams finances from the realestate deal and you will see the franchise turn back around just like everyother franchise that ballsack has tried to hijack.

Oh and just like what happened in Ottawa...
Again support was really not a issue in ottawa.It had more to do with the weak canadian dollar and the over pass.No i am not picking the criteria when a team avg less then 15,000 its a bit of a concern.Could phoenix work yes it may take some time but it could work.What i am getting sick of is people comparing areas like phoenix to ottawa.What some don't know is ottaw as well as canada is much more then just nhl.

Ottawa

Senators avg 18,000 per game
Ottawa 67s avg 8,000 per game
Gatineau Olympiques 2500 per game
5 Jr a teams
5 jr b teams
2 university teams
6 jr a c teams

Again i am not saying phoenix is a bad market and i hope it does work.

Old
05-11-2009, 06:54 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzYotes18 View Post
Umm...we have never had tickets for $5.95 a peice. The lowest is only if you buy season tickets for the nose bleeds and they are 9.00 each, at the gate they are $15.00 for the cheapest, just to clear things up.

To all the preds fans rooting for us, A BIG FAT THANK YOU!!! It's nice to have some suport! =)
That is what i heard maybe thats wrong i am not sure.

Old
05-11-2009, 06:58 AM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
Again support was really not a issue in ottawa.It had more to do with the weak canadian dollar and the over pass.No i am not picking the criteria when a team avg less then 15,000 its a bit of a concern.Could phoenix work yes it may take some time but it could work.What i am getting sick of is people comparing areas like phoenix to ottawa.What some don't know is ottaw as well as canada is much more then just nhl.

Ottawa

Senators avg 18,000 per game
Ottawa 67s avg 8,000 per game
Gatineau Olympiques 2500 per game
5 Jr a teams
5 jr b teams
2 university teams
6 jr a c teams

Again i am not saying phoenix is a bad market and i hope it does work.
The problem in Ottawa was bad management....the problem in Nashville was bad management.....the problem in Pittsburgh was bad management....the problem in buffalo was bad management...the problem.........are you sensing a theme here?

Old
05-11-2009, 07:42 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
The problem in Ottawa was bad management....the problem in Nashville was bad management.....the problem in Pittsburgh was bad management....the problem in buffalo was bad management...the problem.........are you sensing a theme here?
I do agree that managment is a big factor.

Old
05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
I do agree that managment is a big factor.
Then go away with your "market isn't viable" shtick. That's all we've heard in Nashville for the last 5 five years. And that is now being shown to be false.

Though Nashville started with an owner that couldn't find his ass with both hands look at what is here now.

In Nashville, TN there is a NHL franchise that is locally owned.(Who'd have thought that 10 years ago?)

In Nashville, TN there is a NHL franchise that is profitable. (Who'd have thought that just two years ago?)

In Nashville, TN there is a NHL franchise that is competitive.

In Nashville, TN there is a NHL franchise that has a growing fan base of individuals that is one of the strongest in the league along with a now growing (thanks to local ownership) corporate ticket base.

Last but not least and above all else in and around Nashville there is a booming youth hockey program that has some truly top-notch players that in another 6/7 years will be talked about on draft day.

That last sentence is after all what it's all about right? Expanding the reach/market of the product. Read a little about the expansion of corporations like....well McDonald's is probably the first and best example of the idea. Then maybe you'll get it.

Old
06-25-2009, 11:11 PM
He Lied to Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Yeah cause he NHL loves to move profitable teams with local owners

other than Original 6 and huge city teams we may be the safest team in the US right now

Balsillie is a slime ball and I hope he gets nothing out of this and is told to go away forever by the BOG
Yeah I saw this article it talks about how Balsillie lied to the BOG about Pittsburgh and then a little bit about Nashville.

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/62477

He Lied to Mario is offline   Reply With Quote