HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers looking to shop Drury for Heatley...

Old
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil View Post
Heatley and LeClaire for Drury and Lundqvist. That is the only way we take Drury. I would rather WAIVE Heatley than trade him for Drury. You couldn't give Drury away for free.
Melodramatic much, or just misinformed? The propaganda machine that is HF Boards has really driven home the point that Gomez and Drury are completely worthless. I'm very comfortable with my belief that NHL execs do not feel the same way. There are plenty of teams that would love to have Drury, like it or not. Him being overpaid by a couple of million dollars certainly decreases his value a bit, but not to the point where you couldn't give him away.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Heatley and LeClaire for Drury and Lundqvist. That is the only way we take Drury. I would rather WAIVE Heatley than trade him for Drury. You couldn't give Drury away for free.
Really? Drury's got heart, character and skill. He's like the anti-Heatley. I would take him, but it would cost the Rangers more than they'd be willing to pay, I'm sure of it.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:47 AM
digger18

Heatley should be forced into sitting out the year without pay like Yashin.

We couldnt find the right deal for you, so either put up and shut up, or stay home and wait, till we do find the right deal.

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:49 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
No way Ottawa wants Drury when they have Fisher at 3 million cheaper

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:50 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Boosh View Post
Drury's contract all but decimates any value of on-ice or locker room product he may have as far as trades are concerned.
No, actually it doesn't. He only has 3 years left on his deal. It isn't the albatross you're making it out to be. Any team trading for him will keep him for at least 1 year, leaving 2 years at 8 and 5 mil.

Or you can keep Heatley, a player who obviously won't be happy if he isn't traded and as a result likely won't perform to his contract either, at a 7.5 mil cap hit for the next 5 years.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:52 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Please don't dish out points for this, I Just have to say something.

Why in the world do you people keep quoting this man? He is wrong every single time. Every single time. He has never, I repeat, never had one of his out there rumours stick.

So why do you keep posting his stuff and saying "OMG, this culd happen!"

It's not real. It's not a real rumour, and chances are, Murray is not taking back another huge contract - especially for a guy who can't perform at Heatley's level, in a trade.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:52 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
Heatley should be forced into sitting out the year without pay like Yashin.

We couldnt find the right deal for you, so either put up and shut up, or stay home and wait, till we do find the right deal.
He's actually already been told that he'll be playing for the Sens next year if Murray can't find the right deal.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Boosh View Post
Drury's contract all but decimates any value of on-ice or locker room product he may have as far as trades are concerned.
The Sens have no leadership. If they do this they have Leadership

Plus is Spezza, Drury not a great 1-2 punch?

I would also think the Rangers could move Zherdev in the deal which would make it better for Ottawa

Rangers could then Resign Antropov with the money saved

So Drury ,Zherdev for Heatley.............oh wait that whole no trade clause thing Drury has, bahh

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Melodramatic much, or just misinformed? The propaganda machine that is HF Boards has really driven home the point that Gomez and Drury are completely worthless. I'm very comfortable with my belief that NHL execs do not feel the same way. There are plenty of teams that would love to have Drury, like it or not. Him being overpaid by a couple of million dollars certainly decreases his value a bit, but not to the point where you couldn't give him away.
Fisher, Kelly, and Picard for Drury... gives you guys some damn depth, and makes us... more top heavy?

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:56 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
The Sens have no leadership. If they do this they have Leadership

Plus is Spezza, Drury not a great 1-2 punch?

I would also think the Rangers could move Zherdev in the deal which would make it better for Ottawa

Rangers could then Resign Antropov with the money saved

So Drury ,Zherdev for Heatley.............oh wait that whole no trade clause thing Drury has, bahh
This is beyond stupid. Stop.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
This is beyond stupid. Stop.
ur a Leaf fan and Burke has interest in Redden.....that is all

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Perfect Paradox

What do you expect? Its Eklund for crying out loud. He's trying to draw more people to his site. Everyone is interested in seeing where Heatley is going and the Rangers have a huge fan base. Sounds like a ploy just to get people on his site.

He also pointed out the obvious though. It doesn't take a hockey expert to figure out that Sather isn't trying to shop Gomez, Roszival, Redden and Drury. They already had reports that he tried shopping Redden and no one wanted him (obviously). ESPN announced weeks ago that Sather made Gomez available to the league.

I wouldn't take Eklund serious at all.

EDIT: Drury also has a NMC and I don't see him leaving his favorite childhood team to go to Ottawa. Not knocking Ottawa, it just seems very unlikely.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Drury has a NMC, nice try Eklund.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Rangers looking to shop Drury for Heatley...
And then Rangers fans wake up.

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:07 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Drury, a proven winner, character guy, captain of the Rangers (albeit overpaid) for an extremely talented player whose character has been called into question repeatedly over his career. All of you stat junkies need to realize that points don't equate to championships. Teams don't pay guys to score, they pay them to win, and it is often the case that these two things don't go hand in hand.
I love these arguments....Drury is a proven winner. Yeah, when he played with Sakic, Forsberg and Roy. So is Steven Reinprecht, Martin Skoula and a host of other players. He's a character guy, in fact he has so much character that the team felt the need to bring in Sean Avery to shake things up a bit. He's the captain, who couldn't lead the Rags past the second round. But I am sure when you trade him to Ottawa he will be just what they need.

You don't pay a character guy $7M per season. If you want character, go sign Chelios for near the league minimum.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:11 AM
KingsCourt

I love the cap...stops teams like the rangers from just getting everyone by overpaying, they wanted drury and gomez two years ago, blew other teams chances to get them...gave them huge contracts, now they can live with them.

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:13 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
ur a Leaf fan and Burke has interest in Redden.....that is all

The article stated that. But why don't you go ahead and find Burke's quote on his lust for Redden?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:14 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

lawl

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Egil

Quote:
You could certainly trade Drury, as there are many players in the league with negative trade values. But I don't think he gets picked up if you put him on waivers, but he gets 29 bids if you put him on re-entry waivers. A fair contract would be $5-$5.5 for Drury, so he is at least $1 mil overpaid.

Heatley, on the other hand, would get picked up if we put him on waivers (though not 29 bids). His UFA price would be well above $8 mil. If we trade you a good contract for a bad one, we need sweetener. And the NYR have 2 sweeteners, Lundqvist and Staal. If you are shipping us Drury, we need one of those 2 players back to compensate.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Dick Whitman

Unless Ottawa is blown away, I can't see Heatley playing for anyone else but Ottawa in the east next year. Chris Drury isn't blowing anyone away, that's for sure.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Rangers are at it again!

Obviously, the Rangers would have to throw in some picks/prospects to get this done.

What do you think?

I feel Gomez + Heatley = Magic...even though I'm a Flyers fan.
There has probably been over 50 articles the past 3 years how the Rangers were offering young players for vets. None were true. Sather has not traded any talented prospects. I seriously doubt he's looking to trade his captain. Media people love to make up Rangers news with nothing to back it up because fans believe it and it sells papers. Sather hates the media and doesn't tell them anything. So you can be sure that if Sather does something, nobody will get the scoop on it.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
We'd want a fair bit though. Not sure Rangers fans would want to give up Grachev and Anisimov as well as Drury. Plus there's a chance that Murray would want Staal.
It's just such a lot to ask for - and you know if Murray's trading inter conference, the price is a little higher.

I doubt this happens.

Although, apparently Burke has mild interest in Redden, so this could be more serious than we all think.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1194533/
Can Drury play LW? If so i'd do that first deal...but Sather probably wouldn't or would he....? He likes big contracts!

Drury + Anisimov + Grachev/1st for Heatley

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
redden maybe but not drury

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:25 AM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
You know, if I recorded you saying that out loud, and played it back for you, you'd say "Hey, this guy sounds like an idiot."

You have to be kidding, man. I know you're smarter than that. Henrik Lundqvist is worth your entire franchise.

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:25 AM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
You know Lundqvist has more value then any player on your team right?

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote