HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canadiens go into "lockdown mode"....

Old
06-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Weekend At Kunie's

vCash: 500
So this is Eklund's default buzzword for when a team is inactive and there's no actual information to report...lockdown.

"Alright, I know nothing's going on publicly with [insert team with large fanbase here] right now, but that's only because the whole organization is on double-secret lockdown. I'm total seriously you guys!"

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
So this is Eklund's default buzzword for when a team is inactive and there's no actual information to report...lockdown.

"Alright, I know nothing's going on publicly with [insert team with large fanbase here] right now, but that's only because the whole organization is on double-secret lockdown. I'm total seriously you guys!"

Eklund sounds more and more like Cartman everytime I read something from him.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
I would like to see Lecavaleir a Hab.....

They would finally have a real Captain.

Get BURNED KOIVU

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
tantalum

Lockdown mode to prepare for an announcement is unlikely. But the announcement involves LeCavalier the very same player that is front and center in the meeting of Lightening owners with Bettman and who gets to make the decisions in these matters. One guy wants to build around LeCavalier and the other wants to slash payroll.

Call me crazy but I just don't see it happening.

He's been trying to trade Lecavalier to the Habs since he started the site. Other long time "rumours" are of course his perpetual Devil-Canucks rumours involving Elias or Gionta (depending on the day) and Ohlund. Nnow that Ohlund will be UFA maybe those 2+ year old "imminent" deals will finally be put to rest. A new GM in place didn't stop them....

Eklund is doing what he always does as major NHL dates approach. Throwing stuff, hoping it sticks and trying to generate traffic (not sure why as his site will just crash). If it's not the Habs making a big deal it's the Leafs (right now it's always about them moving up in the draft). If it isn't the Leafs it's the Islanders going to shcok everyone and leave both Tavares and Hedman sitting in the stands while they take Duchene while trading for the rights to the Sedins. If it isn't the Islanders it's <insert big name player here> going to the Flyers. If it isn't the Flyers it's the flames or canucks etc etc etc. Throw enough stuff and something might stick though it really is amazing how little sticks. He seems to be below the rate of what just plain luck would dictate. And that takes some doing.

All that said I hope people keep paying for his site and buying his BS, because he is damn funny.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Well acquiring a soon to be UFA for a late 1st rounder in a weak draft class was not a MAJOR deal and was certainly not the ''rebirth of the team''
2008 was a weak draft class? What's your definition of a good one? That was by all appearances one of the top draft classes of the past 20 years....

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
HFboarder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Any logical person who has a brain could of seen Montreal as a place Vinny could end up. Didn't he grow up near Montreal? If so they its even more of a no-brainer.
He was born in Montreal (L'Île-Bizard is located in the district of Montréal).

HFboarder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Price31 View Post
Habs will get Vinny and likely for

Habs: vinny
Bolts: markov, pacioretty

Then habs will draft 1 of 2 hometown boys either Louis LeBlanc or Caron, but I think the should move up to #4-5 to draft Brayden Schenn
haha no, markov for vinny straight up is a bad deal for habs.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
2008 was a weak draft class? What's your definition of a good one?

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 02:48 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Just for fun it should be noted that there are three posters over at CHFans.com who have verifired credibility and sources (I think they one or two of them have been verified here too) are saying that Lecavalier to Montreal is done. So maybe Eklund is right...

LPHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:15 PM
TOML

Anybody else notice that while every other team in the league has gone into 'lockdown mode', we STILL can't get Burke to shut the hell up?

"I like my top 6 forwards to be talented." Really? ZINGER!!!

"I don't like to trade picks." Huh? OH, DO TELL! DO TELL!

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan View Post
Just for fun it should be noted that there are three posters over at CHFans.com who have verifired credibility and sources (I think they one or two of them have been verified here too) are saying that Lecavalier to Montreal is done. So maybe Eklund is right...
It should also be pointed out that chfans is where Eklund goes for laughs.

Not that it couldn't happen.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
haha no, markov for vinny straight up is a bad deal for habs.
I agree, Lecavalier would be the ideal choice considering his position, size, skill level, cultural background, etc. in our market, but finding a D of Markov stature and presence would be near impossible... with Komisarek perhaps leaving, who would be our No1 D ? Hamrlik ???

We must keep Markov... unless we get our hands on JBo, then perhaps... I would still be sad to see Markov leave...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:10 PM
caley

Any word on why Lawton is meeting the press (as posted on Dreger's twitter 11 minutes ago)? Is it to shoot down Vinny rumors or acknowledge them?

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:20 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Anybody else notice that while every other team in the league has gone into 'lockdown mode', we STILL can't get Burke to shut the hell up?

Well he does like to trade second round picks for garbage.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
I agree, Lecavalier would be the ideal choice considering his position, size, skill level, cultural background, etc. in our market, but finding a D of Markov stature and presence would be near impossible... with Komisarek perhaps leaving, who would be our No1 D ? Hamrlik ???

We must keep Markov... unless we get our hands on JBo, then perhaps... I would still be sad to see Markov leave...
Still terrible, Markov is better than JBo, and has a great contract. Also if the habs took on Lecavlier and J-Bo (both at 7.5 to 8 mill $ /year) they'd be entering the lands of NYR salary hell.

Gainey would be crazy to do that trade, but who knows maybe he's got orders to make it happen no matter what, but Markov is a lot more difficult to replace, and more important and it would weaken the team both talentwise and cap wise (cuz a #1 D man replacement would be much more expensive).

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Koivu_habs#1

I bet that RDS will be at the Airport Thrusday night to Friday just to see if Lecavalier gets off a plan.

Koivu_habs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
ScubaSteve*

I expect Lecavalier to come up to the draft podium, shed his red and yellow garb, and declare a New World Order of wrestling.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu_habs#1 View Post
I bet that RDS will be at the Airport Thrusday night to Friday just to see if Lecavalier gets off a plan.
Would that be the opposite of 'DARKEST DAY IN CANADIENS HISTORY'?

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Any word on why Lawton is meeting the press (as posted on Dreger's twitter 11 minutes ago)? Is it to shoot down Vinny rumors or acknowledge them?
Any updates on what was said?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I'm 99% sure this is what was said...

On Vinny: "Not going to address rumors"
On the pick: "There are three tremendous players in this draft"
On dealing #2: "We have to look at what will be best for the franchise."

Something along those lines, typical GM speak. Doubt he or any GM is going to give any details on what they have going on at this point.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post

Clearly he was misquoted on the second one it should read "I don't like to trade picks. Well unless it's a second round pick. I can't stand those."

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
habs4dacup

Typical montreal bull**** everyone has a bunch of hype and nothing ever happens, look at hossa, lecavalier at deadline, briere. I just wished the media would give it a rest. I would love for something to happen but im just getting so tired of all this crap. Resign Kovalev, tanguay, schneider and add reasonable players

habs4dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
IdealisticSniper

It wouldnt surprise me that a deal is "done" with the stipulation that Hedman is selected by the NYI. In which case the Lightning take Tavares or Duchene and then trade Vinny for a bunch of assets.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:08 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Not much. He did say he was open to dealing with Bob Gainey, despite Gainey raking him over the coals in his post-season press conference. Said that he and Gainey had talked since then and overcome their differences and would have no problems discussing potential moves with Gainey. Then he went into typical GM-Speak about the draft picks. Also, his hair makes him look smug.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
habs4dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Not much. He did say he was open to dealing with Bob Gainey, despite Gainey raking him over the coals in his post-season press conference. Said that he and Gainey had talked since then and overcome their differences and would have no problems discussing potential moves with Gainey. Then he went into typical GM-Speak about the draft picks. Also, his hair makes him look smug.
Good news but if the price to pay is markov, i wouldnt do the trade, our Defence would be awful. Also he is way too expensive

habs4dacup is offline   Reply With Quote